10255 - Assembly Square

Alpinemaps

10 hours ago, marcandre said:

It will be back. No guarantee it retires this year either. Last modular I bought in bulk at rrp was GE. Discounts have been easier to come by since then. Should be the same here. 

It has to go this year. Any other options? Can't imagine 10260 or 10264 leaving.    I think LEGO will keep a schedule from now on, PR retiring later was an exception because it was a really popular set.

1 hour ago, elmaslıefendi said:

It has to go this year. Any other options? Can't imagine 10260 or 10264 leaving.    I think LEGO will keep a schedule from now on, PR retiring later was an exception because it was a really popular set.

The other option is 10260 retiring. It probably will be 10255, but we never know for sure until it happens. 10255 is a special (larger) set, which could see it last longer.

38 minutes ago, Captain_chaos said:

The other option is 10260 retiring. It probably will be 10255, but we never know for sure until it happens. 10255 is a special (larger) set, which could see it last longer.

If 10255 doesn't go (it will btw) I think 10264 is more likely to go than 10260. From what I've seen the Garage isn't really popular + it has an unreasonable 20% mark up. That'd be Brick Bank shelf life...

But again, both are unlikely to go.

3 hours ago, elmaslıefendi said:

If 10255 doesn't go (it will btw) I think 10264 is more likely to go than 10260. From what I've seen the Garage isn't really popular + it has an unreasonable 20% mark up. That'd be Brick Bank shelf life...

But again, both are unlikely to go.

Brick Bank was Jan 16 to ~ Nov `18. Corner Garage was released Jan '19, which would be a year less than BB (unprecedented w/ post 2010 modulars). If Diner retires that would match BB.

Edited by Captain_chaos
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Captain_chaos said:

Brick Bank was Jan 16 to ~ Nov `18. Corner Garage was released Jan '19, which would be a year less than BB (unprecedented w/ post 2010 modulars). If Diner retires that would match BB.

Right, my bad, skipped a year. Good that we don't have to worry about that anyway because 10255 is retiring 😁

3 hours ago, Salimr said:

They may not retire any of the three this year. If they are selling well they can leave them also. I believe there have been years where no modular retired in the past. 

2 were retired at once recently so they could easily skip a year. No one knows what the hell Lego will do. 

• Like 1

Personally I think more sets will retire this year than normal, including big sets. With reduced production I am sure that they are probably behind schedule replenishing the stock on current sets and will want to make sure they meet production quotas for sets coming out later this year and during the new years.

I am guessing that any set that they were thinking of retiring between now and summer of 2021 won't have any more produced. Just when they are gone they are gone. And then the retiring soon label will be added to the listing at the regularly scheduled time (6 months to a year after they already sell out of it).

21 minutes ago, Shortbus311 said:

Personally I think more sets will retire this year than normal, including big sets. With reduced production I am sure that they are probably behind schedule replenishing the stock on current sets and will want to make sure they meet production quotas for sets coming out later this year and during the new years.

I am guessing that any set that they were thinking of retiring between now and summer of 2021 won't have any more produced. Just when they are gone they are gone. And then the retiring soon label will be added to the listing at the regularly scheduled time (6 months to a year after they already sell out of it).

I agree, I think more will retire.  It will likely come down to licensing agreements and maximizing those.  If i'm speculating, if the licensing is costed per set for a period of time...then LEGO will undoubtedly prioritize those over non-licensed sets to maximize sunk costs...if supply chain and reduced manufacturing are drivers. Any non-licensed long in the tooth set will be short listed for retirement...imo.

7 hours ago, benjamin4172 said:

I guess Lego wont retire Big Sets this year so easy as in other years. Cause People are bored and buy big Sets...and this will go on for a long time worldwide...I go with Dan on this one...and this year we have to think outside the (Lego) Box....

On the other hand, a LOT of people worldwide have lost their jobs already or are facing an upcoming round of layoffs. Consumer confidence, in my country, has dropped by more than 20% this month compared to March. When a LOT of people lose jobs or are uncertain about their financial future, buying expensive LEGO sets is not high on their list of priorities. 

Economists are expecting a serious worldwide recession as a result of the corona pandemic. LEGO will take this into account as well and I expect they will clear old stock, retire sets that are already nearing end of popular sale, and keep a strict look at the range of available sets.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, joneyyy1981 said:

i dunno, i think some are done. potter castle is gone. 100%

Man I hope not. This is one set I wanted for a personal collection more than any other.

Although, my personal belief is set will be around for the long haul. Like the Disney Castle.

Edited by dennugsmello
Added Info