71040 - Disney Castle

jaisonline

4 minutes ago, ravenb99 said:

Ha yes my 6...

What are you guys selling these for? I see them at $475 on eBay with free shipping. Figure $30 for shipping $45 to eBay, $10 to Paypal and $35 in tax that only leaves like $5 on the table + VIP points and bonuses to my math, doesn't seem worth the exposure.

1 minute ago, wegj15 said:

What are you guys selling these for? I see them at $475 on eBay with free shipping. Figure $30 for shipping $45 to eBay, $10 to Paypal and $35 in tax that only leaves like $5 on the table + VIP points and bonuses to my math, doesn't seem worth the exposure.

That's Big Mac money son!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, wegj15 said:

$370 for the castle from LEGO

$475 on ebay - 10% in fees ($427) - shipping ($407) - Paypal fees ($393)

Profit of $23 plus points. It's definitely not much but it's basically zero effort so why pass it up?

1 minute ago, Serejai said:

Profit of $23 plus points. It's definitely not much but it's basically zero effort so why pass it up?

I would almost think you'd get better margin with BrickLink but even on there, the prices are dropping to 400s now.

I guess the risk of a bad transaction either by shipping or scammers needs to be taken into consideration as well...
  • Like 3

28 minutes ago, Serejai said:

Zero effort?  Are you joking?  You're basically making minimum wage for a whole two hours.  And with the risk of a $350 Lego set being damaged or stolen during the transaction.  Meanwhile you're deflating demand for the product by selling so low.  If you can't sit on these till Christmas then you shouldn't be buying them anyway.

Edited by Mathew
  • Like 6

4 minutes ago, Mathew said:

If you can't sit on these till Christmas then you shouldn't be buying them anyway.

I'm not flipping these right now, but no way I agree with this. What if these are widely available at Christmas and you have 20-30 of these? There will be no profit for years on this. 

18 minutes ago, Mathew said:

Zero effort?  Are you joking?  You're basically making minimum wage for a whole two hours.  And with the risk of a $350 Lego set being damaged or stolen during the transaction.  Meanwhile you're deflating demand for the product by selling so low.  If you can't sit on these till Christmas then you shouldn't be buying them anyway.

If it takes you two hours to mail out a sale on eBay you are doing something terribly wrong. Five minutes to list it, five minutes to pack it once it sells. What are you spending the other hour and fifty minutes doing when you make a sale?

I think there are much better things to spend the money on at the moment but there's really no need to make up fake numbers in an attempt to drive your point across. $20-30 in profit for ten minutes of actual work is hardly close to minimum wage.

Edited by Serejai
  • Like 1

A few things with this. eBay has a selling promo right now to get 10% back of sales up to $50. Double VIP is equal to 10%, various credit cards have cash back (I use discover IT which has 5% cash back for lego shop at home which gets doubled during first year) and different promo sets available. So, using the same example, you could sell the castle for $470 and net roughly $125 in points, gift cards and cash back plus the free advent set. Kind of convoluted but is a viable option.

• Like 1