71040 - Disney Castle

jaisonline

1 minute ago, Serejai said:

I had a completely different experience with my Amazon FBA sale.

Sale price of $514.99
Amazon Fees - $90.04
Shipping - $5

Profit: $69.29 + the points and freebie, which I have yet to do anything with. Will easily clear $100 profit on each castle, which is about the same as I've been getting selling them locally.

Yesterday?

Just now, exciter1 said:

Yesterday?

No, earlier this morning. I wasn't the lowest price but it looks like I got the Buy Box for a few minutes in there, possibly because of the business credentials on my account (it seems to give me a more generous chance at the Buy Box when my price isn't the lowest, so I can usually sell a tad higher than the lowest price).

Also my buy in was $349.99 because I had tax exemption with LEGO, so I guess that's another $18 I saved that most people won't be able to.

45 minutes ago, Serejai said:

Also my buy in was $349.99 because I had tax exemption with LEGO, so I guess that's another $18 I saved that most people won't be able to.

I'm very curious how you have managed this when LEGO has a pretty hard stance against reselling.  Any chance you can elaborate?

1 hour ago, zskid00 said:

I'm very curious how you have managed this when LEGO has a pretty hard stance against reselling.  Any chance you can elaborate?

I provide LEGO to local non-profits and schools for educational purposes and I use the same business account for things I resell, so anything I buy on their website automatically has the tax exemption applied to it since my LEGO Education account does.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Brick_dad said:

So you are abusing your non-profit business tax ID.

I do not have a non-profit tax ID; I have a regular corporation tax ID. I said I donate LEGO to schools and non-profit groups, not that I was one myself. LEGO approved my tax exemption and there is no option to opt-out of it for orders I place with my personal debit card, so I'm not going to jump through a bunch of hoops and spend an hour on the phone with them every time I want to place an order without tax exemption.

So sure, if you consider using their tax exemption system the way the website forces me to use it then yes I am abusing it.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Serejai said:

I do not have a non-profit tax ID; I have a regular corporation tax ID. I said I donate LEGO to schools and non-profit groups, not that I was one myself. LEGO approved my tax exemption and there is no option to opt-out of it for orders I place with my personal debit card, so I'm not going to jump through a bunch of hoops and spend an hour on the phone with them every time I want to place an order without tax exemption.

So sure, if you consider using their tax exemption system the way the website forces me to use it then yes I am abusing it.

Cool, just jealous.I wish I had that many castles.

BTW:  I believe in this one, it will be 600 in Mid December.

Cool, just jealous.I wish I had that many castles.
BTW:  I believe in this one, it will be 600 in Mid December.

I hope so. I am still sitting on my third. Have it listed high on eBay.
But I may get another in a couple weeks, so I'm going to need to move it soon.

31 minutes ago, marcandre said:

Amazon has had about 20 sellers jump in since yesterday. Every time I check a new seller has claimed the lowest price by dropping a dollar or a penny :jester:

FBA price has been going up steadily. It's selling about one every two hours and the amount of new FBA sellers isn't increasing fast enough to offset it. I might send a couple more in tomorrow. Up from $480 yesterday to $510 today.

1 hour ago, Serejai said:

The only thing I could remotely call abuse in the above is the fact that you can buy to resell on an exemption that is not for reselling purposes, but all of us are similarly abusing LEGO Shop at Home when we buy sets for resale purposes. As a reseller, you should be able to buy tax-free if you file for the paperwork so having an exemption is expected - it's just too bad most retailers no longer accept those exemptions. No abuse there, just a unique scenario that allows you to purchase as you should have been able to.