71040 - Disney Castle

jaisonline

Have been monitoring Disney Store for this set in relation to availability of online promo codes.  Seems every time a promo code becomes available the set cannot be found.  Once promo code is no longer available the set comes back.  I wonder if this will be an indefinite situation or if we will ever see the opportunity to get it with the promo.  

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Phil B said:

pretty sure the set number for the LEPIN castle is not 71040 - check if that listing is still up and report them, they shouldn't be using the word LEGO nor the 71040 set number.

They can use them in the title listing. So long as they're clear in the description that it's not a Lego set.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest TabbyBoy
4 minutes ago, teniod said:

Disney blog that they are selling the castle in the parks... Anyone got a clue if it might be a permanent feature or it will EOL at some date? 

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2016/12/video-the-disney-castle-by-lego-now-available-at-disney-parks/

It'll probably be around as long as the Disney licence is... years! Why would LEGO EOL such an in demand iconic set? I'm waiting for it to be -50% which will happen eventually.

• 1 month later...
Guest brickcrazyhouse
33 minutes ago, Pseudoty said:

Anyone have any nice display pics or ideas for this set. I was thinking possibly a lazy Susan so you can see both sides or a 3 foot tall glass display case. Still not liking my current option as you don't get to enjoy the entire piece of art work. 

Turntable?

81c9ddb4-f6db-4b69-b695-709c30720012_1.d43f72eedee9e355c1c496f5eef3f60d.jpeg

• Like 1