71040 - Disney Castle

jaisonline

Guest TabbyBoy
On ‎8‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 9:35 AM, jaisonline said:

someone pretty famous  is building the Disney Castle using all the incorrect ergonomics :)

David's renowned for not being the sharpest knife in the drawer which may explain why there's so many unopened bags by the time he got to the end of the manual. My guess is that he's already been on the build for 6 weeks! It's not as if he has a job, is it? ;-)

• 5 months later...

With the HP D2C Castle coming out and the HP Minifigures on the way, what are the expectations of this set? Will be 2 years old in the summer of this year and I really want one as my girls would love the playability. Lego LEGO Shop at Home still taking Backorders but curious as to the expectations of the future of this set. 

Interesting Opinions! Is the set sold in Disney parks? I just didn't know if there would be conflict in that there would be a Disney Castle competing with a "Universal/Warner Bros" Castle...

51 minutes ago, MrToes16 said:

I'm predicting this will have a 10188 Death Star lifespan with a 75159 Death Star remake timeline.

Disney is the Death Star.

You might be right though. If the HP castle is HUGE and had multiple Minifigs and a higher price tag, Disney would be inclined to increase their castle price and size with a remake and increase in minifigures. Prediction: Disney Castle Remake first set over 10K bricks.

4 minutes ago, CosmicSpeed said:

Interesting Opinions! Is the set sold in Disney parks? I just didn't know if there would be conflict in that there would be a Disney Castle competing with a "Universal/Warner Bros" Castle...

You might be right though. If the HP castle is HUGE and had multiple Minifigs and a higher price tag, Disney would be inclined to increase their castle price and size with a remake and increase in minifigures. Prediction: Disney Castle Remake first set over 10K bricks.

There are stacks of the LEGO Disney Castle available at Disney Park stores.

• Like 1

There are stacks of the LEGO Disney Castle available at Disney Park stores.

Are there?
When the set first came out I had an annual pass to Disney world. Could not find it in mAgic kingdom or Epcot.

Around Christmas I was at Animal kingdom and Epcot, did not see them anywhere. They’re not sold at any of the Disney stores in Disney Springs, only at the Lego store.

Not sold at Disney Stores in the mall.

Seen plenty at LLFL, but last week they only had them at one store.

Only Disney outlet I’ve seen this available is the online store.

13 minutes ago, donbee said:

Are there?
When the set first came out I had an annual pass to Disney world. Could not find it in mAgic kingdom or Epcot.

Around Christmas I was at Animal kingdom and Epcot, did not see them anywhere. They’re not sold at any of the Disney stores in Disney Springs, only at the Lego store.

Not sold at Disney Stores in the mall.

Seen plenty at LLFL, but last week they only had them at one store.

Only Disney outlet I’ve seen this available is the online store.

I saw stacks of them at the Big Store on Main Street last May.

• 1 month later...

Interesting the new Castles are slightly lighter than the original mammoth batch.  Just noticed it a few weeks ago,  finally looked at the ever famous seals and they are 08 now and they did create another import certificate for them.    Thought maybe my shipping boxes were a little lighter but it is definitely the castle box itself when the weights were lighter.  Not much but enough to knock some under 15lbs shipped,  most still hit 15.1 unfortunately so still 16 shipped like the old days.  Knew there was something different though just never took the time to notice.

• Like 1