10252 - Volkswagen Beetle

JeffProbst

21 hours ago, pstebbing said:

It looks a little like a Citroen with that flat windshield even thought the vw had a flat windshield as well.

1967_citroen_2cv-pic-34586-1600x1200.jpe

I'll let my wife judge this new VW bug design since she grew up in a VW family and drove a '68 super beetle as her first car.

Over all a nice design though.

Citroen? No, it's Beetle!!!

20160614215710_4HzowSkR_soyul815_20160614215706.jpg

20160614224522_lrqig0wG_27628349596_99f39ada9e_k_re.jpg

Guest TabbyBoy

This new model is a bitter disappointment and I think 10187 owners have nothing to worry about. The window pillars, the wheels, the wheelarches, that ridiculous tube running down the bonnet - it's all just WRONG. Since when has lego employed 3yr olds in their design department? Can I be the first to say that this set will bomb post EOL? Sorry guys, I'm just being honest ;-)

1 minute ago, TabbyBoy said:

This new model is a bitter disappointment and I think 10187 owners have nothing to worry about. The window pillars, the wheels, the wheelarches, that ridiculous tube running down the bonnet - it's all just WRONG. Since when has lego employed 3yr olds in their design department? Can I be the first to say that this set will bomb post EOL? Sorry guys, I'm just being honest ;-)

not too much people will pay attention to those details as you did.  :-)

As for if the price of 10187 will be affected, we shall see in about a month or two.

2 minutes ago, superlegolover said:

not too much people will pay attention to those details as you did.  :-)

As for if the price of 10187 will be affected, we shall see in about a month or two.

It will have about as much impact on 10187 as 75030 did on 10179.....

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Val-E said:

It will have about as much impact on 10187 as 75030 did on 10179.....

You can't compare those 2!  It's about 4000 piece difference. This is about 300 pieces different. I was going to pay £450 on the old beetle. I don't want to now. 

19 minutes ago, Val-E said:

Well, at least they got the BEACH TOWEL more or less right.

BZZZZ.  You are WRONG sir.  You'll notice that the beach towel is white and yellow, but the surf board is white, yellow, and green.

The beach towel is the weakest part of the set, and will obviously be the reason this set fails.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, pstebbing said:

Man......you guys are harsh. Either you own some 10187s or you're a V-Dub hater.

Either way I foresee this set selling out on July 14th.

That could very well happen. But the reason for that will be that either there's an error in the packaging, or in the manual, or a fault in the model itself which is only found out when people actually build it. 

7 minutes ago, pstebbing said:

Man......you guys are harsh. Either you own some 10187s or you're a V-Dub hater.

Either way I foresee this set selling out on July 14th.

I doubt many people still have multiple 10187´s - maybe the reason for it´s price, I guess.

This set will sell out first day, of course but that´s no barometer of quality or accuracy.

18 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

BZZZZ.  You are WRONG sir.  You'll notice that the beach towel is white and yellow, but the surf board is white, yellow, and green.

The beach towel is the weakest part of the set, and will obviously be the reason this set fails.

There´s a more serious flaw than that. The surf board is in Aussie national colours yet the steering wheel on the car is LHD when it should be RHD and the license plate is New South Wales. Ok, this is getting as pedantic as MF satellite dish dimensions but, while I am on the subject, the wheel hubs should be full length with whitewall tyres. Now where´s Wally?

Just curious, since I wasn't here (on Brickpicker) yet this time one year ago, but what there as much interest garnered in the (then) new Ferrari F40 as there is now in the new Volkswagen Beetle? 

If I remember correctly when the Ferrari F40 was released it didn't get sold out at release. So why should this Beetle set sell out at release?

Just curious, since I wasn't here (on Brickpicker) yet this time one year ago, but what there as much interest garnered in the (then) new Ferrari F40 as there is now in the new Volkswagen Beetle? 

If I remember correctly when the Ferrari F40 was released it didn't get sold out at release. So why should this Beetle set sell out at release?

Pretty sure it was sold out for a bit...

The F40  was way more hyped and people were even more disappointed when the scale and part count were unveiled (some of us hoped for a 42056 sized set).

They sold a good few thousand in the first weeks (we had the stock data back then) but so did TBBT

TLG can never win, that´s clear.

Edited by Val-E

5 minutes ago, Haay said:

Don't remember the beetle being sold out on release but from a personal standpoint the ferrari is so ugly compared to the beetle.

10 minutes ago, Haay said:

It was too ugly to sell out, but plenty tried to flip 'em in TRU parking lots anyways.