10252 - Volkswagen Beetle

JeffProbst

26 minutes ago, kouks said:

there are ALWAYS bunch of re-sellers just waiting to flood the local market as much lower prices due to the longer run of this set?

Decisions, decisions.......

having been on BP for a little over a year now I am pretty humbled by how much smarter everyone else is....and that's just off the small segment of kind folks who actually share their knowledge...for every BPer sharing something there's likely hundreds thinking "don't tell everyone!"

I know that I'm not that smart when it comes to reselling...basically if I think of something...I'm probably near the last to have realized it.

12 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

and that's just off the small segment of kind folks who actually share their knowledge...for every BPer sharing something there's likely hundreds thinking "don't tell everyone!"

must be 1% who share anything, even that is shared off stonewars etc.

20 hours ago, joneyyy1981 said:

must be 1% who share anything, even that is shared off stonewars etc.

That's why I always do my own research, I've never trusted "facts" from forum "experts" unless I can get some confirmation myself. Play your best hand close to your chest - always. I mean, don't even send me a PM to tell me 😉

Like "Through the Keyhole", the clues are there in these forums and you just have separate the wheat from the chaff.

On 10/9/2020 at 5:13 PM, BorderTerrier said:

That's why I always do my own research, I've never trusted "facts" from forum "experts" unless I can get some confirmation myself. Play your best hand close to your chest - always. I mean, don't even send me a PM to tell me 😉

Like "Through the Keyhole", the clues are there in these forums and you just have separate the wheat from the chaff.

The forum has lost some quality members unfortunately and the world of lego-reselling has become opportunistic. When people start Youtube Channels to give "Patreon VIP advice" on LEGO reselling for money... pffff No wonder nobody's giving quality advice anymore.  

"We don't offer investing advice, but please pay us 10$/month and you'll get an exclusive tips on what sets to hoard..."

ridiculous...

• Like 2

There is a big difference between a person that just sells Lego strictly for profit and someone that sells mainly to support their habit/hobby. Before I was a member in here I was a very active member of another well known Lego group. Unfortunatly me posting pictures of massive hauls and selling to support my hobby had me on the wrong side of public opinion and thats when I was directed to this community. We have all types of members here which is good. Do I think Lego investing has changed in the last 12 years....sure it has. Lego is aware of it and reselling has helped grow the company. Thats why it trys to have its cake and eat it to. I still say the best way to enjoy this hobby is to have your Lego funds totally separate from your living funds. As in anything dont spend what you cant afford and buy sets that you wont mind having even if they dont sell.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, ZULU said:

The forum has lost some quality members unfortunately and the world of lego-reselling has become opportunistic. When people start Youtube Channels to give "Patreon VIP advice" on LEGO reselling for money... pffff No wonder nobody's giving quality advice anymore.  

"We don't offer investing advice, but please pay us 10$/month and you'll get an exclusive tips on what sets to hoard..."

ridiculous...

Then there's sites like BrickPicker, Info has been so valuable that Members have close to begged to make it a pay site(Granted that was when Brickfolio was active), but Here it is still Buck naked free and kicking out excellent investment advice (not just Lego) for those smart enough to decipher the input.  Thanks Yall'

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Belac said:

Then there's sites like BrickPicker, Info has been so valuable that Members have close to begged to make it a pay site(Granted that was when Brickfolio was active), but Here it is still Buck naked free and kicking out excellent investment advice (not just Lego) for those smart enough to decipher the input.  Thanks Yall'

agreed

1 hour ago, Belac said:

How about making the site free, but it cost money to search or go back more than a week or so in posts?

that way it rewards the regulars and help support the site.

I would also add that regulars (metric to TBD) get 5 free searches a week.

1 hour ago, Thanos75 said:

buy sets that you wont mind having even if they dont sell.

this was working for me ...until I started having over 10 of each set😖

• Haha 1

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...