10252 - Volkswagen Beetle

JeffProbst

1 minute ago, aladar said:

How come? (I'm pretty new at this)

I don't foresee a shortage or short run for this one.  Some people might try to squeeze a few bucks out of it with VIP points and promos at first, but they'll only net $20 or less after the hassle of acquiring them.  If someone has early access, or is able to acquire a fair amount from a LEGO Store, they might make a few dollars.  Believe me, you'll see people trying to make a little from it, but it comes down to a personal choice if it's worth the time and investment.

• Like 1

Guest TabbyBoy

What annoys me is eBay allowing sellers to list an item at an inflated price that they DO NOT have to hand. If for some reason their shipment doesn't arrive, or the box is damaged, they deserve negative feedback IMHO. Are people really that stupid to not wait until LEGO and every other shop on Earth have billions in stock?

There's no point ordering one now as selling fees, PayPal and income tax will eliminate any potential profit along with no promo on offer. I'm ordering mine on the day the London bus promo is out as I think these will be gone within a few days. Of course, we all know that the VW Beetle limit will be 1.

No rush, as it'll probably be around for 10yrs like the Camper! ;-) I'm not buying more until I see EOL performance of the Camper, Mini or F40 assuming they go first.

Guest TabbyBoy
1 minute ago, Val-E said:

AFAIK the London bus is a US only promo, in August at least. We get CITY police chase - great......

OK, I'l wait until there's a good promo or 2xVIP ;-)

Or... Does that mean we'll get the yellow American School Bus or Greyhound instead?

Edited by TabbyBoy

4 hours ago, TabbyBoy said:

What annoys me is eBay allowing sellers to list an item at an inflated price that they DO NOT have to hand. If for some reason their shipment doesn't arrive, or the box is damaged, they deserve negative feedback IMHO. Are people really that stupid to not wait until LEGO and every other shop on Earth have billions in stock?

There's no point ordering one now as selling fees, PayPal and income tax will eliminate any potential profit along with no promo on offer. I'm ordering mine on the day the London bus promo is out as I think these will be gone within a few days. Of course, we all know that the VW Beetle limit will be 1.

No rush, as it'll probably be around for 10yrs like the Camper! ;-) I'm not buying more until I see EOL performance of the Camper, Mini or F40 assuming they go first.

If they say in the description that it will ship August 1st when it's released, I see no problem with that. Amazon and third party sellers allow you to buy early with a message of "This set will be released on..." Heck, you can even pay for a dvd that hasn't even released the release date!

If they say in the description that it will ship August 1st when it's released, I see no problem with that. Amazon and third party sellers allow you to buy early with a message of "This set will be released on..." Heck, you can even pay for a dvd that hasn't even released the release date!

The danger is of course that shipping gets "delayed" and you can legitimately ding them on shipping if that happens but yes I remember reading that eBay allows it as long as it's very clear in the listing that it's a preorder.
  • Like 1

The danger is of course that shipping gets "delayed" and you can legitimately ding them on shipping if that happens but yes I remember reading that eBay allows it as long as it's very clear in the listing that it's a preorder.

IIRC, you're allowed 30 days for a preorder.