10252 - Volkswagen Beetle

JeffProbst

I owned the 10187 and one of the reasons I sold it is because it doesn't look as clean as the newer models. 

I am looking forward to an updated beetle for the collection, especially if the proportions are the same as the recent releases (plus that won't impact the 10187 as much for people that still have them, if anyone)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Haay said:

Apparently the source for the 10252 Volkswagen Beetle was CM4Sci, and he says afterwards it was an April Fool's Day joke.

The joke is in quotation marks, I think that it is legit. Brickset wouldn't update the page for 10252 because some guy posted on Eurobricks. 

I may be being naive, but I don't think the new Beetle will be a lot like the old.  I'm guessing it will have a different color scheme and be a bit smaller.  If Brickset's page/information is accurate, the $99.99 MSRP will be a model on the scale of the Ferrari F40, not 10187.  It will also likely be much "smoother".  That said, I'm looking forward to seeing this come out.

14 minutes ago, Quacs said:

I may be being naive, but I don't think the new Beetle will be a lot like the old.  I'm guessing it will have a different color scheme and be a bit smaller.  If Brickset's page/information is accurate, the $99.99 MSRP will be a model on the scale of the Ferrari F40, not 10187.  It will also likely be much "smoother".  That said, I'm looking forward to seeing this come out.

Dang it .. now I will need this one AND a Caterham Super Seven to go with my F40, Mini and (soon) T1. Darn you, LEGO, why do you keep wanting my money .....

• 3 weeks later...

The store calendar for June is online, there's an early access to a new exclusive from June 15 to June 30:

http://cache.lego.com/r/stores/-/media/brand%20retail/stores/calendar/june/6209-jun16-cal_medres.pdf

It might very well be this set, although it was originally reported that it would be on early access in July with a general release in August. Or it's just Big Ben.

Edited by Pomodoro

The store calendar for June is online, there's an early access to a new exclusive from June 15 to June 30:

http://cache.lego.com/r/stores/-/media/brand%20retail/stores/calendar/june/6209-jun16-cal_medres.pdf

It might very well be this set, although it was originally reported that it would be on early access in July with a general release in August. Or it's just Big Ben.

Or the Snowspeeder....

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Val-E said:

Either SS ot Beetle - the force release will be the Death Star.

It's neither according to CM4Sci. I asked him the current ETA on the 2016 exclusives and he said :

21128 - June

10253 - July

10252 - August

71040 - September

75159/10254 - October

Edited by Pomodoro
  • Like 1