What did you do today?

I had the craziest dream last night. My father was Clint Eastwood. And like I genuinely believed he was and even for a few minutes after I woke up. And in the dream, I was so frustrated at him, because him being such a celebrated actor/director, he refused to encourage me in my dreams of becoming a filmmaker. I was really hurt by that.

Played tourist in my home town.

IMG_8687.JPG

My daughter is in 4th grade and in California that means doing a unit on California Missions. So we went to Mission San Diego. The girl has to do a photo essay, write a one page report, and do a “scavenger hunt” at the mission.

In all my years of living here, I’ve never been. There are a few other missions we could have chosen to visit. And no doubt, all her other classmates will choose those missions (School is only 15 minutes away from the nearest one). But we figured it’d be boring to do the same thing 25 other kids are doing.

IMG_8754.JPG

IMG_8710.JPG

• Like 4

On ‎3‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 9:36 PM, Alpinemaps said:
Played tourist in my home town.

My daughter is in 4th grade and in California that means doing a unit on California Missions. So we went to Mission San Diego. The girl has to do a photo essay, write a one page report, and do a “scavenger hunt” at the mission.

In all my years of living here, I’ve never been. There are a few other missions we could have chosen to visit. And no doubt, all her other classmates will choose those missions (School is only 15 minutes away from the nearest one). But we figured it’d be boring to do the same thing 25 other kids are doing.

When I was in 4th grade we hade to pick a Mission and build it out of sugar cubes. Somehow I wound up building a gold mine and writing a report on the gold rush instead.

We won’t discuss how long ago that was.

• Like 1

When I was in 4th grade we hade to pick a Mission and build it out of sugar cubes. Somehow I wound up building a gold mine and writing a report on the gold rush instead. We won’t discuss how long ago that was.

Lol

The cool thing is, the kids get to decide how many points they want to earn. So combined, all the things she has to do will earn her an A. But we didn’t have to do this.

We could have built a model of a mission. Someone else on the board did that recently with LEGO. But for the effort, it was only worth a small amount toward the final grade. Just wasn’t worth doing it. But it was tempting.

On ‎3‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 12:33 PM, Phil B said:
On ‎3‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 12:24 PM, exciter1 said:
Looking at Sopwith Camels and stuff at the National Air and Space Museum in Dayton.

You're getting too close for comfort now .....

No wonder I have a hard time finding those Walmart clearance deals... I have "exciter1" and "Phil B" scraps to pick over..............(if they leave any...lol)

• Like 1

On 3/29/2018 at 12:24 PM, exciter1 said:

Looking at Sopwith Camels and stuff at the National Air and Space Museum in Dayton.

We went there the first time we drove out for me to meet my [now] wife's family. Amazing to see every generation in each hangar!

My favorite point was taking the bus over to the R&D/Presidential hangar. So many amazing planes.
You can see where they had to had to cut the rear wall of SAM 26000 in order to fit (exciter1 spoiler) Kennedy's casket into the main cabin, rather than placing in the cargo hold.

• Like 2

On Spring Break in NYC with family and went to Knicks-Pistons at MSG.  I am lucky enough to have a brother with great connections, so we got the best seats to a basketball game I’ve had in a long time - 9th row behind the basket.  What a blast!

09B537B0-468B-4F21-9475-4E6C2E74C936.jpeg

• Like 5

• 2 months later...

This morning, I fixed the cages of my dog for my big Labradors for them to fit into it. well,  I'm thinking of having a new cage for my dogs because everytime they get bigger I need to adjust the cage, so upon searching, I saw this large dog cage which has a Size of 54" L x 35" W x 45" H. It's big enough even for the tallest dog the Great Dane. ;)

Edited by khouji
  • Thanks 1