STAR WARS VIII - "The Last Jedi" - Movie Discussion

jaisonline

Here is how they could fix this.

Rey is sleeping, someone wakes her to tell her Leia has just died unexpectedly.  As she is going to find out what is going on, we realize she is at the resistance base on D'Qar.  The tail end of The Force Awakens and all of The Last Jedi was a dream sequence and never happened.  Now we have to go find Luke to tell him about his sister and bring him back to kick ass and take names.

• Like 3

Well, I had to buy the Blu-ray for home watching yesterday (as my daughter loved it in the theater, and definitely was crazy over the whole "Reylo" thing).

I hadn't enjoyed it in the theater, and wasn't looking forward to it, but I figured, I did remember laughing a bit during the movie, so maybe if I had a beer (or 2) - it could still be fun.

Wrong - It was a long suffering experience without any laughter or purpose. My son tried to sneak out during it (he is too young to drink), but I insisted that he needed to stay, and suffer through it all, together as a family. After a while, I was even afraid to look over at my daughter, worried that even she was now realizing the pile of crap that lay before us.

I think I still have a couple hours of "bonus" features to watch tonight - The crappier crap that wasn't even crap enough to make it into the movie.

• Like 5

35 minutes ago, KShine said:

Well, I had to buy the Blu-ray for home watching yesterday (as my daughter loved it in the theater, and definitely was crazy over the whole "Reylo" thing).

I hadn't enjoyed it in the theater, and wasn't looking forward to it, but I figured, I did remember laughing a bit during the movie, so maybe if I had a beer (or 2) - it could still be fun.

Wrong - It was a long suffering experience without any laughter or purpose. My son tried to sneak out during it (he is too young to drink), but I insisted that he needed to stay, and suffer through it all, together as a family. After a while, I was even afraid to look over at my daughter, worried that even she was now realizing the pile of crap that lay before us.

I think I still have a couple hours of "bonus" features to watch tonight - The crappier crap that wasn't even crap enough to make it into the movie.

I bought the 4k version, so parts of it should at least be pretty.  I read the deleted scenes were terrible as well.  I know the first couple deleted scenes I watched online weren't that great.  Everyone says the documentary is good, so hopefully Rian gives us a clue into his bizarre thought process for carrying this trilogy forward.

2 hours ago, zskid00 said:

This is the first Star Wars movie I didn't buy.  That is all.

You took the words right out of my mouth.  I was in Target yesterday evening.  I stopped, saw the movie on the shelf and walked away thinking, "This may be the first Star Wars movie I'll never own."  Now watch someone give it to me for my birthday or something...   Hope it comes with a gift receipt.

On a side note, every time I think about Disney producing a Star Wars movie, I keep having the same scene coming to mind.... "merchandising... merchandising... Spaceballs the t-shirt, Spaceballs the lunch box, Spaceballs the flame thrower.  The kids love this one."  FF to 40 sec for the advertising part.

16 minutes ago, thegraverobber said:

Isn't this a movie discussion thread? Is there a way to hide this from my Recent Content page?

Seeing "I didn't buy the movie, look at me!" pop up over and over again on the homepage is getting annoying.

Just hide/ignore the topic.

• Thanks 1

My wife bought this movie on Friday with the kids.  They had a movie night to watch it.  I don't think they lasted 45 mins before they turned it off.  Fast forward to this morning, my daughter (3) refused to watch The Last Jedi and is currently watching Return of the Jedi again with her new Darth Vader Blanket that the Easter Bunny brought her :) 

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, JDLego324 said:

Third full day at Magic Kingdom, and I haven’t seen a single man, woman, or child sporting anything Last Jedi, not a shirt or anything else.  Oh, they are selling them, but it seems nobody wants to wear one.

The movie was a downer.  Nothing to look forward to except Reylo hooking up.

17 minutes ago, Mathew said:

The movie was a downer.  Nothing to look forward to except Reylo hooking up.

that would really be a really dumb and lame ending . they did the redemption thing already ..im down with both dying . 

3 minutes ago, KvHulk said:

Toss on TNT... Star Wars all day... New Hope right now... No TLJ in sight!

it just came out on DVD, you won't see it on TNT just yet. 

Ignore the "last Jedi is an abomination" complaints. It's as fun and entertaining as well as flawed (acting and plot) as any of the OT  films individually. (I have very fond memories of the SW OT from childhood,  but unlike a lot of people I know I'm when I'm wearing "rose tinted glasses")

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, andyposterfan said:

Ignore the "last Jedi is an abomination" complaints. It's as fun and entertaining as well as flawed (acting and plot) as any of the OT  films individually. (I have very fond memories of the SW OT from childhood,  but unlike a lot of people I know I'm when I'm wearing "rose tinted glasses")

Well said...It had it's moments, both good and bad like every STAR WARS movie post The Empire Strikes Back.