STAR WARS VIII - "The Last Jedi" - Movie Discussion

jaisonline

5 minutes ago, Ed Mack said:

Sitting here, watching this wonderful movie and trying to figure out how bombs drop in space.

The visual dictionary says they're launched via magnets and attract to their target after that. 

Also Tie Bombers did the same thing and nobody questioned it

The visual dictionary says they're launched via magnets and attract to their target after that. 

Also Tie Bombers did the same thing and nobody questioned it

They wouldn’t stick to the hull or the release calipers if magnetic?

....also the tie bombers were dropping on surfaces with a gravitational pull.

23 minutes ago, Jeff Mack said:

Because he shut himself off from the force.  I think Rey says that to him.

When he opened himself back to the Force, he must have sensed Kylo  & Snoke destroyed 5-6 planets (and killed millions) with DS3.  Why didn't he immediately board the MF and slap some senses to his ex student ??

1 minute ago, Darth_Raichu said:

When he opened himself back to the Force, he must have sensed Kylo  & Snoke destroyed 5-6 planets (and killed millions) with DS3.  Why didn't he immediately board the MF and slap some senses to his ex student ??

I don’t think you sense past events like that. Otherwise Jedi would be feeling accumulated deaths over millennia all the time

1 minute ago, Darth_Raichu said:

That was one of my biggest issues with his storyline.  "WAAHHHHHHHH i am not going anywhere", "I don't care that the galaxy is about to be run by an evil empire", "I am going to sit here and drink my green goo", "Boo Hoo feel sorry for me"

Yoda should have beaten his ass.  He didn't learn anything.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Darth_Raichu said:

I think they said that ach cho is simaler to Mortis in the Clone wars so it could be possible that he cannot feel anything outside of the planet.

30 minutes ago, Will 4 said:

I think they said that ach cho is simaler to Mortis in the Clone wars so it could be possible that he cannot feel anything outside of the planet.

Like I said, even without sensing,why didn't Luke want to go slap some senses to Kylo after Rey told him Kylo used DS3 to blow up planets? (If we go to "Rey never told Luke about DS3" then this movie is shittier that I thought :P )

24 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

Like I said, even without sensing,why didn't Luke want to go slap some senses to Kylo after Rey told him Kylo used DS3 to blow up planets? (If we go to "Rey never told Luke about DS3" then this movie is shittier that I thought :P )

Never thought I’d be one to defend any part of this movie but they never said Ach-to is immune from the Force (why would the Force using Jedi have a temple in such a place?) and I’m sure Rey did tell him what happened and he clealry said his time defending the galaxy with his laser sword was done. He feels any actions by him would have other more negative consequences. I agree with Hamill’s earlier thoughts that that is not The real Luke Skywalker, but I didn’t find this angle confusing in how it was presented. Stupid yes, but not confusing

• Like 1