Rogue One: A Star Wars Story - Movie Discussion

Ed Mack

From the movie.  

75155: Rebel U-wing Fighter is pretty much the hero lead vehicle and others pop up in the final fight 
75172: Y-wing Starfighter makes a decent showing /  75154: TIE Striker on the Imperial side  

75153-1: AT-ST Walker is barely in it and forget about Krennic's Imperial Shuttle.  

OT X-wings abound, obvious not currently in production so may lead to an increase in demand on Red 5. If we didn’t have 2 X-wings in production, I have said we’ll see an OT one.  

75120-1: K-2SO is going to be a winner.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Val-E said:

From an investment point of view, which Lego ships/ sets are likely to be most in demand by people who have seen the film? Is 10240 going to get a boost?

Red five is namely mentioned and there are many other X-wings in that movie. If that will rise demand, could be (I hope so).
By watching the film I thought the ISD's were very dominant. Hope they climb a bit more! 

There even was the Tydirium near the end :) 

I loved the movie overall! Felt a bit more "adult" in comparison to Episode 7 and not so overly self-referential ;) 

Edited by Chillreign
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Bold-Arrow said:

Loved the ending ... pure perfection 

Dude that ending........ that was the coolest vader scene to date. And holy crap did they nail Cushing's likeness! I much preferred that to the ep3 actor and they did a fantastic job nailing the small details such as matching the looks of red and gold leader and of course Princess Leia. 

• Like 2

Stacks of cannon fodder Ties.  Star destroyers, which appear to be made out of paper 

The new AT-AT, or whatever they are called are in the final fight and get the crap kick out them by X-wings.  Don’t think they’ll do much to or for OT AT-AT.  Feel very different to Empire AT-ATs.  

Lots of easter eggs in the movie and a Star Wars Story is a good description for the movie, builds a nice 3D environment/background to/for the OT.  I think it will drive demand for SW in general but I’m not sure I could predict how. I think more depth, less detail.  Kids are going to want a stack of stormtroopers and rebels fighters, rather than a say a Falcon

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chillreign said:

Red five is namely mentioned and there are many other X-wings in that movie. If that will rise demand, could be (I hope so).
By watching the film I thought the ISD's were very dominant. Hope they climb a bit more! 

I loved the movie overall! Felt a bit more "adult" in comparison to Episode 7 and not so overly self-referential ;) 

You mean they name it in the movie? Keep talking, were there any other sets to watch out for? Love it that IST is there.

So Krennic´s ship is the Kylo Ren of this movie? Good to know so as not to pick the turds.

3 minutes ago, Chillreign said:

I loved that red 5 nod, I guess we now know why there was a job opening for Luke ;) 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Val-E said:

So Krennic´s ship is the Kylo Ren of this movie? Good to know so as not to pick the turds.

The vehicle will not be desired, but the figs are unique in Krennic's Imperial Shuttle. If they don’t make an appearance in any other sets, that will drive sales.  Particularly K-2SO.    

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Val-E said:

You mean they name it in the movie? Keep talking, were there any other sets to watch out for? Love it that IST is there.

Yeah I thought the same about Krennics ship! 

You saw how the "old" red five is getting destroyed so that his formation number is free for Luke in Ep. 4. 

There were tons of TIE's but mostly cannon fodder as always. AT-ACT was in the big battle scene. For me they will be remembered as the weak brothers of the "real" AT-AT. They are something like the "sunny AT-AT" 'cause the fight was shot at a shore / beach and it wasn't even near a badass scene as Hoth! Also they go down pretty easily!

The Ending was perfect:  That they resurrected Peter Cushing as Grand Moff Tarkin and brought back Carrie Fisher was top notch! Loved it.

1 minute ago, feed said:

The vehicle will not be desired, but the figs are unique in Krennic's Imperial Shuttle. If they don’t make an appearance in any other sets, that will drive sales.  Particularly K-2SO.    

This! K-2SO is def. one of the winners in that movie

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

Easter Eggs - what did you see/hear?

Chopper was rumored to be on Yavin 4, but I didn't see him. I did see the Ghost numerous times. Once on Yavin 4 and then in battle a few times.

Chopper is like 2 seconds in the film. When the radio controller is running up to Mon Mothma he rolls through the screen.
I also saw the Ghost several times. 

Edited by Chillreign