Rogue One: A Star Wars Story - Movie Discussion

Ed Mack

Rogue One - finally a Star Wars film for Adults fans. Saw it Midnight screening on the 15 here in NZ.
I think you did a good job of filling the major plot hole in episode four.
But I feel that the final cut suffered from the numerous re-shoots. Pacing of the film seemed bit off.
Jumping from planet to planet.
K2 & Bodhi steal the show from the lead protagonists cheesy rebel lines.
No boffins contained in this movie lol.

countdown to my showing is less than 2 hrs. 

now gotta find my 1977 kenner lightsabler to inflate, fight my son and scream "you passed the test" 30 mins into the film.

note: In 1978, Kenner execs knew Padawans would go ga-ga over a toy version of the Star Wars lightsaber. As one of the first Star Wars toys on the market, it lit up toy aisles, literally. Designers basically took a flashlight and connected it to an inflatable yellow vinyl blade. Although no yellow lightsaber can be found in A New Hope, the color stayed in step with the one brandished by the Luke action figure. The toy lightsaber commercial featured kids slinging their blades and swatting at silver balloons, the latter a stand-in for Jedi training remotes. Sounds like playtime bliss, right? Well, overly excited wannabe Skywalkers often dueled so hard their blades would spring a leak, deflating the fun. Thanks to forward-thinking toy honchos, all wasn’t lost. Each lightsaber came with a patch kit for repairs.

Untitled.jpg

• Like 3

I'm in the theater ready to go. There is a company here holding an employee event and they are giving out light sabers but for employees only. I tried to get one but no dice. 

Did people break into applause when the previews started at yours? I've never seen a Star Wars in theatres, and I'm not sure if all fans are like this, or if my town is just full of wierdos...

7 minutes ago, AirborneAFOL said:

Did people break into applause when the previews started at yours? I've never seen a Star Wars in theatres, and I'm not sure if all fans are like this, or if my town is just full of wierdos...

I'm still 15 minutes out. I'm not sure how they will react. I saw Force Awakens opening night and I remember the crowd being pretty mellow.

I'm originally from LA and those crowds get nuts over Star Wars. Kinda wish I was at the Manns Chinese right now watching this. 

• Like 1

Wuuuuhhhh?
This will be my 8th Star Wars film that I've seen in the theaters, when it originally opened in theaters.

Not a star wars fan. The kinda thing I'm content to watch on a rainy afternoon on video 2 years after its been released. The horrible military tactics always just drive me nuts. Definitely a "casual layman" when it comes to SW. Mostly just went and saw it so I know what's what with all the new LEGO minifigs/models.

That said, I was very impressed with this one. Arguably one of the best.
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, LegoAddict42 said:

I'm with Alpinemaps. Saw all 8 in the theater as well. LOVED IT!!!! Great action and the last 40 minutes really kept me on the edge of my seat. Loved K2

Last 40 min I probably teared up 3-4 times and had just as many geekgasms.  I was surprised at how many scenes in the trailers didn't make the final cut tho.  

• Like 4

I ditto the many that liked it. I thought it was very well done, and I like it a smidge better than the Force Awakens.  Overall, I really liked the characters, and i'm glad magic stick man didn't turn out to be a dud.  He actually was well developed. Overall, all the characters had good development, and I thought this was a great film..  Definitely rank it in the top 4.

• Like 1