10240 - UCS: Red Five X-wing Starfighter

Mos_Eisley

How many 10240 X-Wing sets do you own?  

336 members have voted

1. 1. How many 10240 X-Wing sets do you own?

• 2 to 5
    • 6 to 10
    • 11+
    • ZERO

This poll is closed to new votes

10 minutes ago, baublitz said:

So... if I had the opportunity to buy several sets, I should? I'm thinking I will just go with 2.

Hard for us Europeans to tell how the  market is over there. Here it is complete panic stations and for now these are being hoovered up quicker than Charlie Sheen can do a line.

• Like 3

I bought 10 @ £100ea 4 months ago and was planning to hold 3-4 years. Now... well, i'm not so sure ha? I mean its already surpassed FB and GE in the UK market at least.

I might sell 6 next year and keep 5, see what happens. I see it settling around 350-400, but then again what do I know. Totally surprised.

18 minutes ago, valenciaeric said:

Who cares about long term when you can sell this easily short term? It´s 41999 all over.

I'm in a bit of a pickle, as the Australian market hasn't caught up yet, they are only going for 400 AUD Over here maximum (198 GBP.)

Maybe I can sell and offer international post at < 198 GBP. 

36 minutes ago, valenciaeric said:

7191 is at 1k so you know what the theoritical upper limit will be. Question is whether flipping now for a third of that and reinvesting in the class of 2016 is a better business strategy. More work, definitely.

Yeah and there's nothing that really grabs me at the moment, we'll have to see what 2016 holds. I really don't wanna buy anymore PS haha

13 minutes ago, Ciglione said:

p.s. Please do not mention PS except in the designated forum. 

Oh, I didn't notice, do we already have a "biggest regrets of 2015" thread or are we just carrying over the 2014 regrets that are still not retired...?

Edited by dcdfan
  • Like 1

who could of imagined for a set that everyone has picked on kicked and laughed at since we had the buying frenzy early this year that 10240 is already starting to perform well

according to the threads this set should be a very bad investment just like the current death star do not buy it either terrible decision

(joke if you do not see it)

8 minutes ago, trekgate502 said:

who could of imagined for a set that everyone has picked on kicked and laughed at since we had the buying frenzy early this year that 10240 is already starting to perform well

according to the threads this set should be a very bad investment just like the current death star do not buy it either terrible decision

(joke if you do not see it)

Time for a "How many do you own" poll, perhaps?

8 minutes ago, botchy123 said:

People who kick UCS X Wings and Tumblers only get a bust foot.

And a lower resale value for dinged boxes.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, valenciaeric said:

Up to 350 euros min BIN now too. We´ll see how the UK auctions end this weekend.

Trying to figure if there's anything I can learn from this one.  I know the set has been slated on its RRP but it is a great looking model. Obviously SW fever has got something to do with this one but IMO the availability and getting this set at a discount has been relatively difficult (compare to other larger sets) over the past year. 
Slightly sporadic availability on LEGO Shop at Home and low limit so to hoard that way you'd need multiple accounts.

Limited stock (from what I inferred) over the last year at Lego B&M stores in the UK.  Available in Argos - yes they have 3 for 2 and then dropped the price to very reasonable levels over the last year (£100 & £114 on separate occasions).  I know some people managed to acquire a few at these levels but also heard a lot got the impression these deals were not available in huge quantities (+ when the 3 for 2 was done you'd usually see quite a few going for £140 on ebay so I assume a lot of that stock was quick flipped but maybe back to other investors).  
Also, psychologically its more difficult for the small time players to accumulate large stock if they know what the price can go to and buying at RRP makes you look like a "mug" (although given where the price is now its quite the opposite).

Wonder if the general criticism on the price point convinced a larger then normal proportion of re-sellers to stay away (bit given the performance of 9493 & 7191 I find that hard to believe).  The number of listings on ebay (UK) seems to be relatively constant too.  As the £200 ones were taken out, £250 were added. As they were taken out £300 ones were added.  If this one was stock piled I would have expected the number of listings to increase as it hits more peoples price points (although this doesnt take into account multiple items in the same listing from the same seller).

Not entirely sure what I'm looking at with this one.  Will be interesting to see how many begin to be listed now the BIN's are at £300 and if they actually start selling on mass there. Or will people under cut each other back down to the £220 mark (which is where i see the "break even" to be if you're buying at RRP and want to make a few bucks).

So agreed! - interesting to see how the UK auctions end this weekend and how the number of listings develops (also if anyone finds the time to critique what my thoughts are on this one please do :) )

It´s hard for me to believe that genuine buyers who took so long to put this one to bed at SAH EU are now willing to pay 50% more, just a week later. They obviously knew the set existed or it would have taken longer to appreciate as people start discovering lego star wars.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Lego_Yoda said:

Not entirely sure what I'm looking at with this one.

I feel pretty confident saying none of us are at this stage. It's got aspects of HH timing, with potential somewhere between AA and SSD but serious DS like remake concerns.

Chaos...

It´s hard for me to believe that genuine buyers who took so long to put this one to bed at SAH EU are now willing to pay 50% more, just a week later. They obviously knew the set existed or it would have taken longer to appreciate as people start discovering lego star wars.

I think similar to the tumbler this is people who have been caught out and now panicking when they see the initial price jumps. Also the current SW hype which coincided with the retirement and the new R1 film next year are fuelling demand. I can see this going up further in the short term before settling back in the medium term.