75159 - UCS: Death Star (2016)

No More Monkeys

I've seen it.. it's literally a knock off of the original which we all knew. Acceptance is still tough though.

And even the remake is not remade enough.. They could have least added flesh colored figs.

So many reasons to dislike this one. Can anyone come up with a legitimate reason why it has any chance at profitability!?

I hate that Lego made an identical set, but trying to find something good from this so I don't get too mad. I have now let my son play with my only Death Star (it was used anyway) and he loves it. He talked to the people for hours. He did add a bathroom and helicopter along with some ninjago figures. I guess Lego should have added a bathroom on the new version instead of cheese wedges :)

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Salimr said:

I hate that Lego made an identical set, but trying to find something good from this so I don't get too mad. I have now let my son play with my only Death Star (it was used anyway) and he loves it. He talked to the people for hours. He did add a bathroom and helicopter along with some ninjago figures. I guess Lego should have added a bathroom on the new version instead of cheese wedges :)

Every Death Star needs a Lego Service Truck.

• Like 1

I've seen it.. it's literally a knock off of the original which we all knew. Acceptance is still tough though.

And even the remake is not remade enough.. They could have least added flesh colored figs.

So many reasons to dislike this one. Can anyone come up with a legitimate reason why it has any chance at profitability!?

Han Solo has a new hair style.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, zskid00 said:

I'm not too worried about a $500 set putting a cap on the much cheaper alternative for those figures.

So is this really confirmed at $500?  If so then it's a terrible deal even for non-resellers compared to the old one.  

The box art is terrible too.  Where's the background?  A few stars?   Come on.  

They could have updated a few chambers at least.  Maybe even include something from Rogue One.   

Never liked the playhouse set so I never bought any for myself or for resell but I can understand why the younger ones like it. 

IMHO lego basically "retired" it so that it could be rebranded with Disney logo. If you think about it, all high demand sets will be redone eventually, it's just a question of how much time passes between refreshes. In this case the wait was just a couple months.