75159 - UCS: Death Star (2016)

No More Monkeys

• 2 months later...

I am afraid it will go differently:

1. Shortyz will post the first leaked image and asks: thoughts?

2. dcdfan and speedsausage will say they like 10188 better. And that the boxart reminds them a little of the B-wing.

3. Val-E will alert everyone to keep an eye on Bricklink.

4. Many will share how happy they are they just sold their last 10188 for $500 a week before the leaked image.

5. Emazers will try to calm the horde by saying the 10188 wiill still sell for $500 down the road.

6. The new DS is starting to grow on MarleyMoose who isn't really a big fan of the set.

8. Some people, are happy with the new DS. Cause they just missed the 10188. Whilst many others, like Ciglione, are calling for a boycot of the new DS.

9. .........

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Ciglione said:

2. dcdfan and speedsausage will say they like 10188 better. And that the boxart reminds them a little of the B-wing.

4. Many will share how happy they are they just sold their last 10188 for $500 a week before the leaked image.

5. Emazers will try to calm the horde by saying the 10188 wiill still sell for $500 down the road.

6. The new DS is starting to grow on MarleyMoose who isn't really a big fan of the set.

8. Some people, are happy with the new DS. Cause they just missed the 10188. Whilst many others, like Ciglione, are calling for a boycot of the new DS.

9. .........

Point 5, I think you're missing a zero.

Point 9. Ironbrick mentions for only the second time, possibly the third, how bad this new set is for the 10188

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, Sprocket77 said:

Point 9. Ironbrick mentions for only the second time, possibly the third, how bad this new set is for the 10188

According to Ironbrick, the whole planet is doomed and mankind with it! When i see his posts I immediately imagine 

Futurama-End-is-Near-250.jpg

• Like 5

On ‎6‎/‎3‎/‎2016 at 1:20 AM, asharerin said:

Latest bit of info from the usual suspects is it is all OT based, not Rogue One,  ... VIP access will be Sept 2016 apparently, so not long to go now....

Who are "the usual suspects"?  ... I mean, friends of yours?  ... or bloggers, etc (sorry, I don't really follow brickfan, eurobricks, etc... so I don't know who these people are).

3 hours ago, Ciglione said:

9. .........

Keep an eye on Bricklink, people. The June avg price for 10188 has dropped to only 478 euros. The end is nigh.

11 hours ago, nolanfan34 said:

Pretty easy sequence to predict here people. Both for Cindy and Death Star.

1. Image leaks.

2. "Meh, not impressed, where has Lego's creativity gone?"

3. "Guaranteed investment winner" - Ed Mack

4. "Well, the previous version [is/isn't] selling well in [Europe/US], so don't think your market can predict the [US/Europe] market on this set!"

5. OrcKing posts high-res official thread pics minutes after they are available.

6. "You know, looking at this again, I like those two greebles, and look, two new unique parts in [seafoam blue/dark-light-gray-bley]"

7. Goes on sale on Lego.com with a Nexo Knights promo cycle or chopper.

8. "In for 3" - Exciter.

9. "This is my first Lego investment, was it good that I bought 20 of these already??" - user with reg date of x-1 week from posting date.

10. Profit!

:-)

need to add one step before "profit".

add something about box seal code tracking

• Like 1

16 hours ago, nolanfan34 said:

Pretty easy sequence to predict here people. Both for Cindy and Death Star.

1. Image leaks.

2. "Meh, not impressed, where has Lego's creativity gone?"

3. "Guaranteed investment winner" - Ed Mack

4. "Well, the previous version [is/isn't] selling well in [Europe/US], so don't think your market can predict the [US/Europe] market on this set!"

5. OrcKing posts high-res official thread pics minutes after they are available.

6. "You know, looking at this again, I like those two greebles, and look, two new unique parts in [seafoam blue/dark-light-gray-bley]"

7. Goes on sale on Lego.com with a Nexo Knights promo cycle or chopper.

8. "In for 3" - Exciter.

9. "This is my first Lego investment, was it good that I bought 20 of these already??" - user with reg date of x-1 week from posting date.

10. Profit!

:-)

The day of reckoning will come soon enough.  Will the new Death Star kill the old one?  It could be the best of times and the worst of times...all in the same couple of minutes when that first image is released.

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, Ed Mack said:

The day of reckoning will come soon enough.  Will the new Death Star kill the old one?  It could be the best of times and the worst of times...all in the same couple of minutes when that first image is released.

It sure is. I can really imagine many (new) investors jumping ship when it becomes the worst of times. As at the end when the "retiring soon" tag appeared many jumped in and bought more than one. $400 each is no peanuts.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, uaford said:

Still no image of this thing?  Come on, internet...do your job.

an image? Today? That would kill all the fun. :)

If I may expand on the list of 10 events...

the item one (Image leaks) should be divided into sub-items:

1. information leaks

a. piece count appears on brickset.com and many will swear the set will be full of tiny black/LBG/DBG/transRed 1x1 square/round tiles and slopes

b. the retail price leaks for Germany and (U)K and the price per item discussion starts

c. the retail price leaks also for Benelux and Southern Europe and these folks (including myself) will whine with envy

d. the retail price leaks also for US/Canada and all the Europeans (including myself) will whine with envy

e. something else leaks (for example the weight) but not the pictures

f. (dream) no image will leak until the official Lego announcement will be issued

2. (see above posts)

On June 30, 2016 at 2:39 AM, Ciglione said:

On June 30, 2016 at 2:48 AM, Sprocket77 said:

Um, no. It is indeed 10188, not 101880. Durrr. :)

• Like 2

On 6/30/2016 at 4:39 AM, Ciglione said:

9. .........

you forgot 10 exiter1 buys 3 of them

• 2 weeks later...

Not long to go now. Surprised there has been no discussion of the new info about this set on brickpicker given 75159's direct impact on the value of 10188 and the collectibility of the UCS line. On the other boards lots of conversation regarding comments made by a member who has been lucky enough to see the new set:

" I am fascinated to see how people will respond to #75159 The Death Star when it is revealed, although I do not know when that will be. I have seen it and think opinion will be divided"

" It is the Death Star and is not related to Starkiller Base."

" I don't actually know the piece count but suspect it will be a little higher than #10188 Death Star. "

Unfortunately sounds like it is going to be a Toy Shopped 10188 :( Those that missed 10188 will rejoice, those that have it in their collection already will be meh (is that considered divided?).

Probably the same set with updated figs, possibly a few more figs, and a little more detail on the structure (hence the call that piece count will be a little higher than 10188 just on a single viewing). I imagine if it was a very different set we would not get the piece count statement. Certainly jives with the original leak of a "bigger and better" 10188.

Not sure how I would really feel about a rehashed 10188. It is an excellent set already but was certainly outdated by today's standards. A rehashed design might bring it close to perfect. A completely new design might be a disaster and who wants to look at that for the next 8 years? On the other hand who wouldn't have loved a UCS AT-AT first?

Glad we will be divided because nobody was divided about Assault on Hoth.

• Like 5