75159 - UCS: Death Star (2016)

No More Monkeys

• 1 month later...
6 minutes ago, BrickLegacy said:

Did someone confirm that's actually Han from the new DS or just a custom fig from someone's Instagram account?

It is confirmed that is Han from 75159. Han will also be in the new Desert Skiff but it is unknown if he gets this much detail. There may be some exclusive figs to 75159 to encourage current 10188 owners to update.

• Like 1

Sooooo is this DS rogue one or new hope? I know it's fairly close time line but if Han is in it it's safe to say it has nothing to do with the Rogue One. Which imo is weird. Rogue one comes out in a few months and this set is also coming out (the main premise of this film is the DS) I would have figured TLG/Disney would have made this a rogue one set (in a sense)

9 minutes ago, Lego Templar said:

Sooooo is this DS rogue one or new hope? I know it's fairly close time line but if Han is in it it's safe to say it has nothing to do with the Rogue One. Which imo is weird. Rogue one comes out in a few months and this set is also coming out (the main premise of this film is the DS) I would have figured TLG/Disney would have made this a rogue one set (in a sense)

Rogue One will be long gone when this set will still be on the shelves. Actually, what would not make sense is doing a RO set. Who would want that 5 years from now?

16 minutes ago, Lego Templar said:

They didn't make a UCS set for TFA (well, not yet, anyway), so it wouldn't be too out of the question for RO to not get one, either. 

They didn't make a UCS set for TFA (well, not yet, anyway), so it wouldn't be too out of the question for RO to not get one, either. 

Would make sense to have at least one UCS per movie. Obviously the bread/butter is the OT. That is 95% of "our" Star Wars. Some times we need to have an open mind and realize what WE like "between the ages of 18-50+" is the OT over the years OT sticks out and 50/50 on the prequels. All these new films and series are an unknown factor right now. Will the TFA be huge in 5-10 years? Our OT? Only time will tell. That being said I'm in that boat my Star Wars is the OT I am 50/50 on the prequels and to be honest TFA wasn't that good to me...different age different eyes?

I'm just trying to put myself in TLG shoes...I think they want to appeal to everyone kids/adults alike!

Edit: that being said about TFA 75% of my stock is TFA lol so a bit of a gamble to me!

1 hour ago, Lego Templar said:

Sooooo is this DS rogue one or new hope? I know it's fairly close time line but if Han is in it it's safe to say it has nothing to do with the Rogue One. Which imo is weird. Rogue one comes out in a few months and this set is also coming out (the main premise of this film is the DS ) I would have figured TLG/Disney would have made this a rogue one set (in a sense)

Makes more sense for new DS to be from Ep4-5 with refreshed minifigs.  Anyone can make it part of RO by buying all RO sets to get all RO minifigs. Double :money::money: for Di$ney & LEGO

3 hours ago, Darth_Raichu said:

Makes more sense for new DS to be from Ep4-5 with refreshed minifigs.  Anyone can make it part of RO by buying all RO sets to get all RO minifigs. Double :money::money: for Di$ney & LEGO

Until we see Rogue One, it's unknown if that movie will have "iconic" scenes from inside the Death Star, but I do think if Lego releases this set, and there are no references to Rogue One, it will be a bit of a let down. 

I grew up on the OT, and am one of those xers that Star Wars as a big part of my childhood, but it's time to hand the torch, and let the new generation have their fun too.  I think having a Death Star that crosses both films would be a great thing.  It should have Rogue One and A New Hope themes attached to it, and hopefully it does.  There better be a K2SO and a C3PO, R2D2 as well as Jyn Erso, Cassian, Han Solo, Luke, and Chewie in the set.

11 minutes ago, fossilrock said:

Until we see Rogue One, it's unknown if that movie will have "iconic" scenes from inside the Death Star , but I do think if Lego releases this set, and there are no references to Rogue One, it will be a bit of a let down. 

I grew up on the OT, and am one of those xers that Star Wars as a big part of my childhood, but it's time to hand the torch, and let the new generation have their fun too.  I think having a Death Star that crosses both films would be a great thing.  It should have Rogue One and A New Hope themes attached to it, and hopefully it does.  There better be a K2SO and a C3PO, R2D2 as well as Jyn Erso, Cassian, Han Solo, Luke, and Chewie in the set.

Even though the RO movie was about stealing the plan for DS, I was under the impression it would not take place in DS.

2 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

Even though the movie was about stealing the plan for DS, I was under the impression it would not take place in DS.

No but this is more about finding a copy of the plans so I would imagine there would be modules of it or a DS 2 appearance like at the end of 3 if remember correctly.

Alright, I read these posts, because I'm waiting for the new Death Star, but I really don't want any specifics about scenes from the new movie mentioned. It's just a preference, thanks.

Also, we (the speculating public), were informed about 6 months ago that a great deal of Rogue One will take place on the Death Star, which is the primary focus of the entire movie.

I personally will be very surprised if this new DS set doesn't have some resemblance to the new movie, especially if it has rooms like 10188.  It just wouldn't make sense for them to not include it, especially if they plan on marketing it for another 8 years.  

3 hours ago, Blake3741 said:

Alright, I read these posts, because I'm waiting for the new Death Star, but I really don't want any specifics about scenes from the new movie mentioned. It's just a preference, thanks.

Also, we (the speculating public), were informed about 6 months ago that a great deal of Rogue One will take place on the Death Star, which is the primary focus of the entire movie.

I personally will be very surprised if this new DS set doesn't have some resemblance to the new movie, especially if it has rooms like 10188.  It just wouldn't make sense for them to not include it, especially if they plan on marketing it for another 8 years.  

Not sure you can dictate the way a conversation goes. Preferences or not. 

• Like 2

Just found this on a euro bricks thread might be a hybrid of both DS best of both worlds?

Open fire on the Rebels with the UCS Death Star! This massive model has loads of great features, such as a spring loaded turbo laser, rotating turrets, a trash compactor, and meeting room! Close up the flaps for display, or open them to play

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Will 4 said:

Just found this on a euro bricks thread might be a hybrid of both DS best of both worlds?

Open fire on the Rebels with the UCS Death Star ! This massive model has loads of great features, such as a spring loaded turbo laser, rotating turrets, a trash compactor, and meeting room! Close up the flaps for display, or open them to play

This kind of sounds like "The Holiday Special" Death Star.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, exciter1 said:

This kind of sounds like "The Holiday Special" Death Star.

1 hour ago, Will 4 said:

Open fire on the Rebels with the UCS Death Star! This massive model has loads of great features, such as a spring loaded turbo laser, rotating turrets, a trash compactor, and meeting room! Close up the flaps for display, or open them to play

Can you provide the link?  I've looked there and cannot find it.