71010 - Minifigures - Series 14 Monsters

pickleboy

Series 14  

210 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your most favorite Minifigure from Series 14?

• Wolf Guy
    • Zombie Pirate
    • Monster Scientist
    • Wacky Witch
    • Plant Monster
    • Fly Monster
    • Spectre
    • Zombie Cheerleader
    • Tiger Woman
    • Gargoyle
    • Skeleton Guy
    • Monster Rocker
    • Zombie Businessman
    • Banshee
    • Square Foot
    • Spider Lady
    • None
  2. 2. Who is your least favorite Minifigure from Series 14?

• Wolf Guy
    • Zombie Pirate
    • Monster Scientist
    • Wacky Witch
    • Plant Monster
    • Fly Monster
    • Spectre
    • Zombie Cheerleader
    • Tiger Woman
    • Gargoyle
    • Skeleton Guy
    • Monster Rocker
    • Zombie Businessman
    • Banshee
    • Square Foot
    • Spider Lady
    • None
  3. 3. From a scale of one to ten, how would you rate Series 14?

• 1 - Dull
    • 2 - Poor
    • 3 - Mediocre
    • 4 - Below average
    • 5 - Average
    • 6 - Above average
    • 7 - Well done
    • 8 - Superb
    • 9 - Excellent
    • 10 - Perfect

I bought a box of Hanging Strip Style Series 14 from minifiguresplus, and my distribution was as expected:

Banshee3
Fly Monster4
Gargoyle4
Monster Rocker5
Monster Scientist5
Plant Monster4
Skeleton Guy4
Specter4
Spider Lady3
Square Foot4
Tiger Woman3
Wacky Witch3
Wolf Guy3
Zombie Businessman3
Zombie Cheerleader3
Zombie Pirate5

By me in Milwaukee, I've constantly visited three walmarts, two targets, and a TRU and only seen one case of these at the ghetto Walmart next to where I work.  Since money has been tight I have to buy a few at a time at that Walmart but they are almost out and I haven't seen them anywhere else.  Did see a fresh case of the stupid Simpson series at the Walmart by my house, but no monsters. The target closest to me has had the same almost empty case of Simpson minifigs for months. There's like 8 packs left so they use it to hold whatever mixels they get in.  I'm afraid that until the Simpsons disappear there will be no monsters.  I can go to the Lego store but that's an hour drive round trip.  

... only seen one case ... haven't seen them anywhere else.  ...  I can go to the Lego store but that's an hour drive round trip.  

There are only a couple Targets near me that carry them.  If you want a set of 16 for yourself right away, go on ebay and buy them for $75 (or better yet, post a want ad in Brick Classifieds) either one will be a more efficient use of your time and money.  If you want to pick them up a few at a time, or for investment, just be patient... I think most of these stores have them "in back" ... they're just not aware they should be putting them out for Halloween. So they'll be around for months... maybe years to come.  You'll have time to get as many as you want.

There are only a couple Targets near me that carry them.  If you want a set of 16 for yourself right away, go on ebay and buy them for $75 (or better yet, post a want ad in Brick Classifieds) either one will be a more efficient use of your time and money.  If you want to pick them up a few at a time, or for investment, just be patient... I think most of these stores have them "in back" ... they're just not aware they should be putting them out for Halloween. So they'll be around for months... maybe years to come.  You'll have time to get as many as you want.

I have to disagree with you on these being available for the foreseeable future. I have many targets, walmarts, Walgreens and tru available to me and they have seemed to have dried up. I doubt these will be around once Halloween has come and gone. 

• Like 2

I have to disagree with you on these being available for the foreseeable future...

I could be wrong.  At my two Targets, they're hanging out on the pegs one day, cleaned out the next, restocked the next day, then gone, then back again... seems like they have plenty.  I guess when they're easy to find in my area (and maybe I bought more than I should), I forecast surpluses, and when they're hard to find in your area, you might expect shortages.  Human nature?  I just think there are lots in stock rooms around the country, waiting for Series 13 and Simspons figs to vacate the shelves.  If these were just a seasonal thing... done after Halloween, then is Series 15 coming out in November?

• Like 1

I could be wrong.  At my two Targets, they're hanging out on the pegs one day, cleaned out the next, restocked the next day, then gone, then back again... seems like they have plenty.  I guess when they're easy to find in my area (and maybe I bought more than I should), I forecast surpluses, and when they're hard to find in your area, you might expect shortages.  Human nature?  I just think there are lots in stock rooms around the country, waiting for Series 13 and Simspons figs to vacate the shelves.  If these were just a seasonal thing... done after Halloween, then is Series 15 coming out in November?

LEGO Collectible Minifigures Series 15

Set Number: 71011
Color: Orange
Release Date: January 2016

Posted Image

Edited by dcdfan
  • Like 1

I sold my first bundle in at least two weeks, last night on amazon, and I haven't lowered prices to go with the flow.  I did notice on my retail run this week that the stock was considerably lower from two weeks ago, with no signs of new cases.  Although, i'd suspect more to hit the shelves come october before Halloween.  No way is this line through. 

i disagree with the availability, though i may be proven wrong. i went to a few targets and was told these are in store only in select targets. i was not able to find any in any targets nor walmarts i went to. however, i was able to find them at TRUs so im cleaning out whole racks when i see them. these are definitely seasonal release and if they are found after Halloween they will be only end up in clearance aisles. FYI, simpsons 2 barcodes are a separate DCPI in the target system from the rest of minifigs per wall scanners.

I don't think anyone's thinking they're retiring? I think they're just really hot sellers...

hence they will be "retired" by default if no longer available. i doubt TLG will make more to be put on the shelves after Halloween as that would not make the big box retailer very happy due to their seasonal demand. if they do, like i mentioned earlier, these will go straight to the clearance aisle, and yet again be immediately sold out

Edited by jerryherb

hence they will be "retired" by default if no longer available. i doubt TLG will make more to be put on the shelves after Halloween as that would not make the big box retailer very happy due to their seasonal demand. if they do, like i mentioned earlier, these will go straight to the clearance aisle, and yet again be immediately sold out

Sure but that's still a month away.

I finally gave up looking in my area and had my parents on the other side of the state pick some up.  It just makes no sense to me as places around me like Fred Meyer would get close to 10 boxes in and put them out a week or so before release.  The few places that got them in like my local target only put them out 3 times on the hanging racks and they lasted maybe 2 hours before being sold out.  My tru has a limit of 4 and they sold out in just a day or so.  I saw nothing like this in the past with cmf's so this one I think will be different.

And please dont anyone else say hey they still have series 12 around in my area..um yeah no one wants those unless its a case full of sealed pigs.  Its like going to your local green store (for people that live in states with those) and finding they are all out of the daily special and being offered yesterdays daily special because they still have some left.  If its just sitting no one wants it.  Just like series 12 no one wants them while 14 are sitting for a short time before selling out.