71010 - Minifigures - Series 14 Monsters

pickleboy

Series 14  

210 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your most favorite Minifigure from Series 14?

• Wolf Guy
    • Zombie Pirate
    • Monster Scientist
    • Wacky Witch
    • Plant Monster
    • Fly Monster
    • Spectre
    • Zombie Cheerleader
    • Tiger Woman
    • Gargoyle
    • Skeleton Guy
    • Monster Rocker
    • Zombie Businessman
    • Banshee
    • Square Foot
    • Spider Lady
    • None
  2. 2. Who is your least favorite Minifigure from Series 14?

• Wolf Guy
    • Zombie Pirate
    • Monster Scientist
    • Wacky Witch
    • Plant Monster
    • Fly Monster
    • Spectre
    • Zombie Cheerleader
    • Tiger Woman
    • Gargoyle
    • Skeleton Guy
    • Monster Rocker
    • Zombie Businessman
    • Banshee
    • Square Foot
    • Spider Lady
    • None
  3. 3. From a scale of one to ten, how would you rate Series 14?

• 1 - Dull
    • 2 - Poor
    • 3 - Mediocre
    • 4 - Below average
    • 5 - Average
    • 6 - Above average
    • 7 - Well done
    • 8 - Superb
    • 9 - Excellent
    • 10 - Perfect

Shoot, I'm usually better with odd parts but I didn't realize before the claw hand used on the Monster Fly was originally designed for Davy Jones from Pirates of the Caribbean except that was medium dark flesh while the Fly's is dark red. Certainly took a long while before seeing that part again, huh?

Yep it did.

I'm suprised that the zombie businessman isn't more popular in our poll here. some very interesting results there.

4 hours ago, PeaceBD said:

Do we have a winner in this series? I personally like quiet a few like the tiger lady, plant monster, fly monster, banshee and specter

If you take a closer look at the poll the winner would be Spectre (and the loser Monster Rocker).

Tiger lady is pretty popular so she probably is a winner even though I myself am not a big fan of that minifig.

Comparing these minifigs by popularity I'd say that the following are probably not "winners":

Wolf guy, zombie pirate, mad scientist, square foot, monster rocker, skeleton guy.

somewhere in the middle for me if I followed the popularity correctly: plant monster, fly monster, gargoyle

the rest seems to be rather popular, probably with tiger lady in the lead.

my personal favorites which is why I wanted them for my collection:

Zombie cheerleader, businesman, pirate, Banshee, Spectre, Mad scientist, Plant monster (for the MOC possibilities mainly ^^) Spider lady, Wacky witch, Fly monster.

I also got myself a Gargoyle for the sake of MOCability ;-)

Anyhow, the complete series is very popular and might thus last a little longer than an average series but that's not for me to decide. In my opinion (and I've only just followed about 4-5 minifigure series closely) this is the best series until now. On the otherhand it really depends on what you are looking for ;-)

About the end of September I tabulated the last 100 individual 71010 minifigs sold on eBay, and here's what I found:

Top sellers (quan. sold): (1) Tiger Woman, (2) Banshee, (3) Spectre

Top Avg. Price (incl. shipping): (1) Tiger Woman $9.09, (2) Wacky Witch $9.04, (3) Cheerleader $8.96

Avg. of all: $7.46

Just did it again for the last 100 sold now (end of October):

Top sellers (quan. sold): (1) Wacky Witch, (2 & 3 tie) Banshee & Wolf Guy

Top Avg. Price (incl. shipping): (1) Tiger Woman $10.39, (2) Skeleton $8.95, (3) Wacky Witch $8.43

Avg. of all: $7.44

Of course, take it with a grain of salt... small sample size... not statistically conclusive.

• Like 4

I guess it's possible to state at this moment that the entire series isn't half-bad and once it goes EOL I expect to be able to sell some of these figs for 3x the price I bought them for. For all the minifig hazzle investment-wise this isn't that great but I guess everybody has got his own strategy and some are specialized in minifigs.

(Buying whole batches of these might be the fastes way, feeling the bags and buying them individually might be the best way to get the minifigs you really want to invest in... but the question is if that's really worth your time... and to put it simple: It probably is NOT for a quantity that is worth reselling it).

Personally I think that the zombies (but for the pirate) as well as tiger woman will do great post EOL. Probably also the ghosts, wacky witch and spider woman.

Tried to get full sets of 14-monsters. My wife and I spent almost 2 hrs at toy r us trying......

only got 6 before they close..........too slow?

No..........almost every 15 min, kid or their parents came over and ask, can you help me/us find xxxxx?

no problem, we will try our best, but no guarantee.........

so. We found 3 fly, 2 tiger woman's-likely 1 in each box, 2 ghost woman, 2 Doctor, 1 witch-not time for more. 

Lots of zombie pirate, rocker and cheerleader, Few plant monster, skeleton.

not able to upload pic.........

Edited by danol

30 minutes ago, brickcrazyhouse said:

that was nice of you but 2 hrs is way to long for me to be in a mall never less a single store

1st time......need practice more......I am happy when they came back and say thank you. Haha.

only mess up 1, lost patience in last few min......little boy wanted banshee, got him spectre :(

• 3 weeks later...
On 2015-11-14, 10:32:34, danol said:

1st time......need practice more......I am happy when they came back and say thank you. Haha.

only mess up 1, lost patience in last few min......little boy wanted banshee, got him spectre :(

That's a common error.

Btw just notices this is Sold Out on LEGO Shop at Home's home page again, will it return?

On 11/30/2015, 10:35:25, bigreen said:

That's a common error.

Btw just notices this is Sold Out on LEGO Shop at Home's home page again, will it return?

This set is everywhere, or you only want to buy from LEGO? We returned and got the whole set, this time only took us half hour.

Now, my commander ask me to return the whole set :( because I spent too much on LEGO.............

16 minutes ago, danol said:

This set is everywhere, or you only want to buy from LEGO? We returned and got the whole set, this time only took us half hour.

Now, my commander ask me to return the whole set :( because I spent too much on LEGO.............

Ah, maybe I should visit more TRU or Walmart stores, cause seems only find them in Lego store these days.

Be the first year in this game? Hope next Halloween after you have shown your commander records of selling these figs she will have a feeling to kick herself.

Btw this set just return to be available on LEGO Shop at Home's website.

• 4 weeks later...
23 hours ago, exciter1 said:

No shortage at this Target, and they have more on an end cap. Only if I would have brought my sorting basket. I could have knocked these out in 10 minutes.

Bwahaha.

Most of the Target shops in around here are still selling Simpsons and Series 13... I did on a whim grab a Series 13 bag that fell out of  the box on the shelf a few days ago and immediately recognised the Hot Dog minifig's suit. Much success!

• Like 4

9 hours ago, exciter1 said:

No shortage at this Target, and they have more on an end cap. Only if I would have brought my sorting basket. I could have knocked these out in 10 minutes.

None to be found in the three Targets near me here in the San Francisco Bay Area. It's been that way for at least a month now.

• Like 1

Just went to legoland malaysia, and not a single monsters minifig in sight, though plenty of series 13 and simpsons series 2.

Simpsons series 1 seems to be a lot more popular than series 2, as indicated on ebay actual selling prices.

Anyway my monsters minifig is to be played with jokerland, while all the simpsons minifig is for the simpsons house.