71010 - Minifigures - Series 14 Monsters

pickleboy

Series 14  

210 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your most favorite Minifigure from Series 14?

• Wolf Guy
    • Zombie Pirate
    • Monster Scientist
    • Wacky Witch
    • Plant Monster
    • Fly Monster
    • Spectre
    • Zombie Cheerleader
    • Tiger Woman
    • Gargoyle
    • Skeleton Guy
    • Monster Rocker
    • Zombie Businessman
    • Banshee
    • Square Foot
    • Spider Lady
    • None
  2. 2. Who is your least favorite Minifigure from Series 14?

• Wolf Guy
    • Zombie Pirate
    • Monster Scientist
    • Wacky Witch
    • Plant Monster
    • Fly Monster
    • Spectre
    • Zombie Cheerleader
    • Tiger Woman
    • Gargoyle
    • Skeleton Guy
    • Monster Rocker
    • Zombie Businessman
    • Banshee
    • Square Foot
    • Spider Lady
    • None
  3. 3. From a scale of one to ten, how would you rate Series 14?

• 1 - Dull
    • 2 - Poor
    • 3 - Mediocre
    • 4 - Below average
    • 5 - Average
    • 6 - Above average
    • 7 - Well done
    • 8 - Superb
    • 9 - Excellent
    • 10 - Perfect

I finally gave up looking in my area and had my parents on the other side of the state pick some up.  It just makes no sense to me as places around me like Fred Meyer would get close to 10 boxes in and put them out a week or so before release.  The few places that got them in like my local target only put them out 3 times on the hanging racks and they lasted maybe 2 hours before being sold out.  My tru has a limit of 4 and they sold out in just a day or so.  I saw nothing like this in the past with cmf's so this one I think will be different.

And please dont anyone else say hey they still have series 12 around in my area..um yeah no one wants those unless its a case full of sealed pigs.  Its like going to your local green store (for people that live in states with those) and finding they are all out of the daily special and being offered yesterdays daily special because they still have some left.  If its just sitting no one wants it.  Just like series 12 no one wants them while 14 are sitting for a short time before selling out.

hey, i wanted the crap out of 12 when they were on clearance at targets that one time :) still have 15-20 complete sets and many rares, its all about a buy in. at $75 for smooshed sets its not a bad seller. im glad to get rid of the singles even if i break even to build up my amazon holiday requirement, or toss them in as extra incentives any day. at current prices (3.99) not so much....

This is the first series that really caught my attention. I think because in all previous series, the most popular figures are always the ones that look like a halloween costume....and now you have a WHOLE series of Halloween costumes. 

Absolute home run of a set. Almost every figure has multiple angles of why it would be popular.

I learned how to smoosh for this set. I bought something like 150 of them blind, and I've parted out 2 sets on ebay thus far for 103.33 each, and i'll sit on the rest, and continue to add some of the harder to find ones to complete out my sets as i find them in stores.  I think i've completed 4 more sets, but need to confirm and label them.

Fun little hobby. not profitable enough to really make this a large part of my Lego-vestments. 

Long-term though, i see this series as being easily worth 2x retail if not more.

Edited by mudcatsfan

I just checked and these are still able to be ordered through the indigo link several pages back in the "My Order Status" thread. I ordered four cases a couple weeks ago and they came out to $198/case shipped from Canada. Order a quantity of 60 and they will send a sealed case. Best deal around on these, and you don't have to drive all over town smooshing. Leave that to the kiddos. I think I just talked myself into buying a couple more cases.

• Like 1

I just checked and these are still able to be ordered through the indigo link several pages back in the "My Order Status" thread. I ordered four cases a couple weeks ago and they came out to $198/case shipped from Canada. Order a quantity of 60 and they will send a sealed case. Best deal around on these, and you don't have to drive all over town smooshing. Leave that to the kiddos. I think I just talked myself into buying a couple more cases.

i just got a sealed case from them. Came in the lego shipping carton too. I don't usually mess with minifigs but it's too good a deal to pass on. 

i just got a sealed case from them. Came in the lego shipping carton too. I don't usually mess with minifigs but it's too good a deal to pass on. 

Yes, the service from these guys is outstanding. I received my four sealed cases 2-3 days after I ordered them. Mine were also sent in the sealed lego shipping box. I opened one just to check the contents and left the other three sealed in their shipping boxes until I decide how I want to sell them, which won't be until at least 2-3 years from now. My $198 / case cost was after shipping, tax, conversion rate, and a $5 charge per order that my cc charged me to do the conversion. Still an outstanding deal after all of that, and I didn't have to leave the house.

I ordered four cases and only two were cases and none of them were sealed. First 60 count was a case opened but good. Next order was just 60 thrown in a box and only got one set out of that "case", one lonely tiger lady per that order. Third order was an opened case with the distribution off only got two sets. And the four order was an opened case good distribution. So I was 50/50 on correct distribution. 0/4 for sealed cases. Total count on sets was only 9 instead of the hopeful 12. So these are not a guarantee sealed case or even a actual case. Just so everyone knows. It was a gamble that I thought was worth trying and it didn't pay off really in the end for me at least. Price is cheap shipping is fast not doubt about that.

I ordered four cases and only two were cases and none of them were sealed. First 60 count was a case opened but good. Next order was just 60 thrown in a box and only got one set out of that "case", one lonely tiger lady per that order. Third order was an opened case with the distribution off only got two sets. And the four order was an opened case good distribution. So I was 50/50 on correct distribution. 0/4 for sealed cases. Total count on sets was only 9 instead of the hopeful 12. So these are not a guarantee sealed case or even a actual case. Just so everyone knows. It was a gamble that I thought was worth trying and it didn't pay off really in the end for me at least. Price is cheap shipping is fast not doubt about that.

Can confirm. Ordered 5 cases and 4 cases were opened, not sealed. 3 cases have 2 sets only. It's risky ordering from them.

Can confirm. Ordered 5 cases and 4 cases were opened, not sealed. 3 cases have 2 sets only. It's risky ordering from them.

Indigo used to be less risky...  but they always ship in good boxes and quickly. Play Value Toys will ship sealed cases, guaranteed, if you order 60 but not sure if they ship to the US or how much shipping is.

(Canadians have had time to buy from them, feel free to have at 'em)

Yes, they are not all sealed cases...

Interesting. I guess I was just extremely lucky to receive all four sealed then. When did you guys purchase yours? If it was recently then perhaps they are getting low on stock and are scrambling to fill the orders any way they can. 

I ordered mine at the beginning of this month. Each order was different. I would say it depends on the person packing it TBH. My first case was in what appeared to be a sealed Lego shipper case. The Lego shipper came from Roanoke, TX and looked 100% sealed. Took it out of the box, looked at it, and went to put it on the shelf when the "DO NOT OPEN TIL" label just kinda fell off. Someone had opened it by pulling the original tape off then just taping once back over it. Not saying he was trying to make it look sealed just saying he did a good job of making it look sealed though a bad job at actually sealing it. So I opened the shipper box and pulled out the case looked great but it was opened with the invoice inside the 60 count case. Good distribution, got my 3 sets. So I was happy and I should of stopped there. Again I knew there was risk and it was a gamble but worth a try. So I went for it. Had to kinda keep going back there for two more to get my money back and complete some sets. I don't think they are running low according to their stock indicator, just who packs your order really.

Indigo used to be less risky...  but they always ship in good boxes and quickly. Play Value Toys will ship sealed cases, guaranteed, if you order 60 but not sure if they ship to the US or how much shipping is.

(Canadians have had time to buy from them, feel free to have at 'em)

$55 shipping to US .... total came out to CAD $295. using the same rate as Indigo .... it came out to be USD $221

This is the first series that really caught my attention. I think because in all previous series, the most popular figures are always the ones that look like a halloween costume....and now you have a WHOLE series of Halloween costumes. 

Absolute home run of a set. Almost every figure has multiple angles of why it would be popular.

I learned how to smoosh for this set. I bought something like 150 of them blind, and I've parted out 2 sets on ebay thus far for 103.33 each, and i'll sit on the rest, and continue to add some of the harder to find ones to complete out my sets as i find them in stores.  I think i've completed 4 more sets, but need to confirm and label them.

Fun little hobby. not profitable enough to really make this a large part of my Lego-vestments. 

Long-term though, i see this series as being easily worth 2x retail if not more.

Ditto on everything except only in spirit as I'm still trying to resist becoming a minifig guy... I'm really about to cave for this series, though.

I did smoosh for the heck of it today and was surprised at how quickly one can pick up the speed and confidence. I still struggle with 4-5 of them but for you 1-second guys, what I can't figure out is how you identify the right spot in the pack and/or separate the key piece(s) right away. Identification itself can take less than 1 second obviously but I can't wrap my head around consistently isolating the necessary parts so quickly...