71010 - Minifigures - Series 14 Monsters

pickleboy

Series 14  

210 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your most favorite Minifigure from Series 14?

• Wolf Guy
    • Zombie Pirate
    • Monster Scientist
    • Wacky Witch
    • Plant Monster
    • Fly Monster
    • Spectre
    • Zombie Cheerleader
    • Tiger Woman
    • Gargoyle
    • Skeleton Guy
    • Monster Rocker
    • Zombie Businessman
    • Banshee
    • Square Foot
    • Spider Lady
    • None
  2. 2. Who is your least favorite Minifigure from Series 14?

• Wolf Guy
    • Zombie Pirate
    • Monster Scientist
    • Wacky Witch
    • Plant Monster
    • Fly Monster
    • Spectre
    • Zombie Cheerleader
    • Tiger Woman
    • Gargoyle
    • Skeleton Guy
    • Monster Rocker
    • Zombie Businessman
    • Banshee
    • Square Foot
    • Spider Lady
    • None
  3. 3. From a scale of one to ten, how would you rate Series 14?

• 1 - Dull
    • 2 - Poor
    • 3 - Mediocre
    • 4 - Below average
    • 5 - Average
    • 6 - Above average
    • 7 - Well done
    • 8 - Superb
    • 9 - Excellent
    • 10 - Perfect

If you post a vid of you doing this and being a 100% on your smooshing, I'll donate a complete set to your cause!!

Edit: that's in store with your fancy Murse and 15 boxes on the shelf.

I'm not the only one who can do this. I've been in stores and some guy was going extremely fast, 1-2 seconds a pack. I didn't believe him and he tossed me the Plant monster randomly, and yes, it was the plant monster after 3 seconds of grabbing. Then I tossed him a random pack and he grabbed and tossed and said "guitar dude." That was an easy one as I can do that in 2 seconds, so I wasn't getting all giddy. Anyhow, I am sure there are pros in BP forums that aren't saying a thing as they grab packs in lightning speed. I recalled doing it with the simpsons series one and that was really easy compared to this set. There are toy stores in Vancouver that I went to that sorted out all the simpsons series 1 and 2 minifigs still in the pack. The guy feeling out the pack said he felt over 500 packs a day and they showed me a case full of sorted out simpsons figures. I will be in Vancouver again next week so I will go back to the toy store and see if they got S14 sorted out, will save me some time as I can just clean their shelves without the need to sort.

Only 1 of 3 Targets had any left.  I assume more to come, but these are going fast.  Getting pretty good at smooshing this series and was able to get more Spider Lady, Banshee, Spectre, Plant Guy, Tiger Lady, and Zombie Cheerleader.  I'm passing on all the others except or Fly Guy, didn't find any of him. 

Latest Cartwheel of 10% off Toys was declined at the register, so they filled that loophole from the most recent Cartwheel that Lego worked on. 

• Like 1

I'm not the only one who can do this. I've been in stores and some guy was going extremely fast, 1-2 seconds a pack. I didn't believe him and he tossed me the Plant monster randomly, and yes, it was the plant monster after 3 seconds of grabbing. Then I tossed him a random pack and he grabbed and tossed and said "guitar dude." That was an easy one as I can do that in 2 seconds, so I wasn't getting all giddy. Anyhow, I am sure there are pros in BP forums that aren't saying a thing as they grab packs in lightning speed. I recalled doing it with the simpsons series one and that was really easy compared to this set. There are toy stores in Vancouver that I went to that sorted out all the simpsons series 1 and 2 minifigs still in the pack. The guy feeling out the pack said he felt over 500 packs a day and they showed me a case full of sorted out simpsons figures. I will be in Vancouver again next week so I will go back to the toy store and see if they got S14 sorted out, will save me some time as I can just clean their shelves without the need to sort.

Gimme 30 seconds and I can find the checklist and baseplate. I need scissors for the rest. :P

• Like 5

I have done 20 cases now and I can identify in seconds... It's like anything, practise!

these will be profitable every time halloween comes around. you forget how worked up everyone gets about it. lego will not make another set of figs like this one, im getting full smoosher sets and holding on till 2017 when the competition is dead. money. 

I totally agree, these are holds for future halloweens.  

And you were hopefully honest and didn't steal from them I hope.

Sounds like he did. This is extremely easy to do especially at stores with self checkout like Walmart. A few series ago I walked up with one and was trying to scan the bottom of the box and x60 and the service rep said well isn't the whole thing $3.99? I said no, there are 60x3.99 lol.

People gloating about retail theft should be banned or at a minimum put on a warning or something...ridiculous.

• Like 2

Sounds like he did. This is extremely easy to do especially at stores with self checkout like Walmart. A few series ago I walked up with one and was trying to scan the bottom of the box and x60 and the service rep said well isn't the whole thing $3.99? I said no, there are 60x3.99 lol.

People gloating about retail theft should be banned or at a minimum put on a warning or something...ridiculous.

I don't disagree, at a minimum, I'll hide these for now.

• Like 2

It only took me an hour per bag, but I finally sorted through my Minifigures+ case.  It was the correct distribution:

3 per box
Wolf Guy
Wacky Witch
Zombie Cheerleader
Tiger Woman
Zombie Businessman
Banshee
Spider Lady

4 per box
Plant Monster
Fly Monster
Spectre
Gargoyle
Skeleton Guy
Square Foot

5 per box
Zombie Pirate
Mad Scientist
Monster Rocker

3 per box

Wolf Guy
Wacky Witch
Zombie Cheerleader
Tiger Woman
Zombie Businessman
Banshee
Spider Lady

4 per box

Plant Monster
Fly Monster
Spectre
Gargoyle
Skeleton Guy
Square Foot

5 per box

Zombie Pirate
Mad Scientist
Monster Rocker

- See more at: http://www.thebrickfan.com/lego-collectible-minifigures-series-14-monsters-71010-feel-guide/#sthash.KRYGfQ38.dpuf

3 per box

Wolf Guy
Wacky Witch
Zombie Cheerleader
Tiger Woman
Zombie Businessman
Banshee
Spider Lady

4 per box

Plant Monster
Fly Monster
Spectre
Gargoyle
Skeleton Guy
Square Foot

5 per box

Zombie Pirate
Mad Scientist
Monster Rocker

- See more at: http://www.thebrickfan.com/lego-collectible-minifigures-series-14-monsters-71010-feel-guide/#sthash.KRYGfQ38.dpuf

3 per box

Wolf Guy
Wacky Witch
Zombie Cheerleader
Tiger Woman
Zombie Businessman
Banshee
Spider Lady

4 per box

Plant Monster
Fly Monster
Spectre
Gargoyle
Skeleton Guy
Square Foot

5 per box

Zombie Pirate
Mad Scientist
Monster Rocker

3 per box

Wolf Guy
Wacky Witch
Zombie Cheerleader
Tiger Woman
Zombie Businessman
Banshee
Spider Lady

4 per box

Plant Monster
Fly Monster
Spectre
Gargoyle
Skeleton Guy
Square Foot

5 per box

Zombie Pirate
Mad Scientist
Monster Rocker

• Like 1

This is a little off (but still on) topic but....

Can someone tell me where to get the little zip lock bags that hold a single minifigure?
(in Canada)

In the US, at least in my part of California, they have these in craft areas. One store has them along with school/kid craft supplies, another has them near sewing/material supplies. No idea if Canada's Walmarts carry the same stuff though. I like the 3x4 as it also holds the original minifigure package folded in half, should you choose to include that as well.

PolybagsWalmart.jpg

• Like 1

I have done 20 cases now and I can identify in seconds... It's like anything, practise!

Finally, someone speaks up. As the other poster who responded after you, 1 second is normal for many. 5 seconds is just worse case scenario. I am 100% certain many from BP can do a quick grab and know exactly what the minifigure is. They just don't speak up. You can tell just by the sheer number of minifigures flippers on ebay who sell the package unopened. You, just like many, is a seasoned professional. I was throwing some packs into my sorted bin in less than 2 seconds and the TRU staff said this is not possible to know what is in the pack. I told him if he is willing to put $100 on the line, grab one out, slit it open, and if my sorting bin is correct with the correct figures, I win $100. At the time, I already had 200 packs in the bin and I dared him to open all of them and find one mistake.

• Like 2

In the US, at least in my part of California, they have these in craft areas. One store has them along with school/kid craft supplies, another has them near sewing/material supplies. No idea if Canada's Walmarts carry the same stuff though. I like the 3x4 as it also holds the original minifigure package folded in half, should you choose to include that as well.

There is an easier way, go to minifiguresplus in ebay, click on his feedback as a buyer, and see where he bought from. He bought case loads of zip locks and envelopes from his "ebay suppliers." :)

Finally, someone speaks up. As the other poster who responded after you, 1 second is normal for many. 5 seconds is just worse case scenario. I am 100% certain many from BP can do a quick grab and know exactly what the minifigure is. They just don't speak up. You can tell just by the sheer number of minifigures flippers on ebay who sell the package unopened. You, just like many, is a seasoned professional. I was throwing some packs into my sorted bin in less than 2 seconds and the TRU staff said this is not possible to know what is in the pack. I told him if he is willing to put $100 on the line, grab one out, slit it open, and if my sorting bin is correct with the correct figures, I win $100. At the time, I already had 200 packs in the bin and I dared him to open all of them and find one mistake.

Come on, let's see a picture of this magic sorter!

(the basket with 16 slots that is, not your other magic sorter)

• Like 2

I would have taken that bet if indeed you were spending 1-2 seconds on each one, or at most 5. Nothing personal, I just don't believe you because I don't think it's possible. I've smooshed hundreds of minifigs and understand that once you get well practiced you can often find that accessory or other indicator and instantly know what you have. But I also know that these distinguishing characteristics can often be hidden given that 1) they are not always in the same spot in the pack, 2) they can be obscured by getting lumped into other things in the pack, 3) they can get stuck under/between base plates and checklists. One second is a very, very short amount of time. In order to do what you say you are doing you'd have to grab something specific in each pack the first place you grab. Can you do this every 4th or 5th pack? Sure,  maybe. Can you do it every time or every other? No way.

J'accuse!

(and another vote for wanting to see a picture of the custom satchel)

• Like 4

Christopher is a bit right about efficiency..  I smooshed through about 100 bags at a walmart during the night of force friday, and took home quite a score, and flipped them and made some instant money on them.  It was a little bit of work, for decent profit..  Overall, I've smooshed about 300 of these over the last few weeks, and at this point, I can pretty much smoosh a case in about 15 minutes.  Finding many of these is relatively easy at this point.  Tiger girl is easy to pick out, not because of her whip, but because of her head piece.  Same can be said for most of these figures.

Where I disagree with him is that it's going to lead to big money.  Once again, those days have passed.  Right now the bottom sits at around 88 on amazon, and ebay sells for about that price.  At those prices, complete sets are not worth attempting to flip.  Best to leave them on the sales floor and let nature take it's course, unless you are willing to hold them for the long term, then I suggest completing a few sets for that purpose.  But the meat is gone off this bone for the time being.

Also, i'm going to say this.  Those that smoosh, and leave them in unmarred bags by just labeling them with post-it notes can make more money then those that cut them open.  I know this from experience.  Many times I sit 20 to 30 more than the lowballers, and I still sell complete sets.  Some people want complete sets, but still in the bag. My guess is they want to surprise their kids, or use them as stocking stuffers, etc.

Christopher is a bit right about efficiency..  I smooshed through about 100 bags at a walmart during the night of force friday, and took home quite a score, and flipped them and made some instant money on them.  It was a little bit of work, for decent profit..  Overall, I've smooshed about 300 of these over the last few weeks, and at this point, I can pretty much smoosh a case in about 15 minutes.  Finding many of these is relatively easy at this point.  Tiger girl is easy to pick out, not because of her whip, but because of her head piece.  Same can be said for most of these figures.

Where I disagree with him is that it's going to lead to big money.  Once again, those days have passed.  Right now the bottom sits at around 88 on amazon, and ebay sells for about that price.  At those prices, complete sets are not worth attempting to flip.  Best to leave them on the sales floor and let nature take it's course, unless you are willing to hold them for the long term, then I suggest completing a few sets for that purpose.  But the meat is gone off this bone for the time being.

Also, i'm going to say this.  Those that smoosh, and leave them in unmarred bags by just labeling them with post-it notes can make more money then those that cut them open.  I know this from experience.  Many times I sit 20 to 30 more than the lowballers, and I still sell complete sets.  Some people want complete sets, but still in the bag. My guess is they want to surprise their kids, or use them as stocking stuffers, etc.

By your formula, a full case takes 15 seconds per poly bag. That's a far cry from 3 seconds per. I am not doubting people can do it fast .. I found a Fly the other day in what seemed like the first smoosh. But I wanted to be sure so I double checked that i indeed feel the wings properly.

As to your last statement, this is exactly why I bought sealed packs to complete the series we missed out on. It's a lot more fun that way.

I don't understand what the big deal is. Anyone is capable of spending 1 second on any of these. The trick is to just not be concerned with SNAD's...

Exactly.... if you're smooshing that fast you could care less about making a mistake. If you're also buying 400 packs, I don't know why you're spending time smooshing in the store? Just buy them all and smoosh later in the comfort of your own home where your magic sorter isn't disturbing all of the young children.

What is the difference whether I use a basket or just a bag?  The bottom line is doing it efficiently to max out profits. I posted the formula and recommended speed of grabbing, that's enough.

Because I think it would be hilarious. You never want to have fun anymore since you changed your alias. You're not super or supra anymore. :(

You want us to believe you can smoosh 60 packs in just 1 minute?  Isn't that a bit extreme even for series 14 CMF?  Show me an unedited video of you doing it beside a running stopwatch (and your custom basket) to proof me wrong :)

• Like 2

Well, I triple check.  Many times I know it's a certain figure, after just a few seconds, but I like to confirm by finding those other confirmation pieces, just to make sure my brain didn't deceive me on the initial take.  When I send a complete set off that someone purchases than much higher then they could have paid at retail, I want to make sure it's 100% accurate.  I definitely wouldn't send off a bag of complete sets, if it wasn't verified, and just smooshed a figure for a second, and decided that was what it was.  So, there's also a thing called accuracy involved.  It's good to have accuracy, if you want to maintain a good rating, etc.  Those that send off complete sets that are barely verified will eventually get bit.

• Like 1

You want us to believe you can smoosh 60 packs in just 1 minute?  Isn't that a bit extreme even for series 14 CMF?  Show me an unedited video of you doing it beside a running stopwatch (and your custom basket) to proof me wrong :)

one of course gets a significant head-start when every case has the same figures in the same place in the box, once you opened the first box & confirm placement orders you should be able to complete all the subsequent boxes in no time.