71010 - Minifigures - Series 14 Monsters

pickleboy

Series 14  

210 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your most favorite Minifigure from Series 14?

• Wolf Guy
    • Zombie Pirate
    • Monster Scientist
    • Wacky Witch
    • Plant Monster
    • Fly Monster
    • Spectre
    • Zombie Cheerleader
    • Tiger Woman
    • Gargoyle
    • Skeleton Guy
    • Monster Rocker
    • Zombie Businessman
    • Banshee
    • Square Foot
    • Spider Lady
    • None
  2. 2. Who is your least favorite Minifigure from Series 14?

• Wolf Guy
    • Zombie Pirate
    • Monster Scientist
    • Wacky Witch
    • Plant Monster
    • Fly Monster
    • Spectre
    • Zombie Cheerleader
    • Tiger Woman
    • Gargoyle
    • Skeleton Guy
    • Monster Rocker
    • Zombie Businessman
    • Banshee
    • Square Foot
    • Spider Lady
    • None
  3. 3. From a scale of one to ten, how would you rate Series 14?

• 1 - Dull
    • 2 - Poor
    • 3 - Mediocre
    • 4 - Below average
    • 5 - Average
    • 6 - Above average
    • 7 - Well done
    • 8 - Superb
    • 9 - Excellent
    • 10 - Perfect

Ditto on everything except only in spirit as I'm still trying to resist becoming a minifig guy... I'm really about to cave for this series, though.

I did smoosh for the heck of it today and was surprised at how quickly one can pick up the speed and confidence. I still struggle with 4-5 of them but for you 1-second guys, what I can't figure out is how you identify the right spot in the pack and/or separate the key piece(s) right away. Identification itself can take less than 1 second obviously but I can't wrap my head around consistently isolating the necessary parts so quickly...

its all about the accessories. usually the smallest items end up on the bottom of the bag so thats where i go first. i wouldnt say im a 1 sec guy and i find that BS, but one can get through a rack at TRU pretty quickly with practice.

• Like 1

Ordered 60 S14 minifigs from Indigo on Fri. Received a tracking number that day and received the order today! Lightning speed coming from Canada!

I was hoping to receive the 60 in a sealed display case. The seals were broken. I counted only 59 packs so I called customer service to report it. They offered a refund or to send the last pack; I opted for the refund.

Ordered 60 S14 minifigs from Indigo on Fri. Received a tracking number that day and received the order today! Lightning speed coming from Canada!

I was hoping to receive the 60 in a sealed display case. The seals were broken. I counted only 59 packs so I called customer service to report it. They offered a refund or to send the last pack; I opted for the refund.

I also received my order extremely fast.  My cases are sealed.  Very happy with my purchase.

Despite having purchased way too many of these over the past weeks, today is the first time I opened a set and got to see them in person.  I found some surprises.  My favorites:

1 - Tiger Woman - just so sassy ;)

2 - Wacky Witch - she wins for best accessories: broom, cat, hat and skirt... and just for being a classic Halloween staple character

3 - Spectre is cool for his tattered clothes, and glow-in-the-dark head

4 - Fly Guy is cooler than I had thought... his head / eyes are red/transparent... striking in bright light.

5 - Banshee is alright... most interesting is her translucent hair... other than that, I'm not too crazy about her

6 - Frankenrocker surprised me... I think he looks better than the Frankenstein that comes with 10228... better, brighter colors; more interesting clothes.

7 - I would think Plant Guy would be popular in the same way that Piggy Guy, Unicorn Girl, Hot Dog Guy are popular... his unique "costume". But it's really all about the head piece... the rest of him is just "meh"... also, the colors just don't "do it" for me.

8 - Spider Lady is unique... in a pinch, she could substitute for the Vampiress in 10228, but the 10228 character has much better "Morticia Addams-style" hair.  I don't like Spider Lady's 'doo.

... if I were a casual minifig collector (and I'm not)... the kind of collector that didn't have to have every single one,... then I just might like to buy these first eight, for their uniqueness.

9 - Cheerleader - not that great for me... I don't like her dull hair color... but I imagine she could be of special interest in schools like MSU  (green & white).

... and all the rest are just so-so for me for one reason or another.  Just my $.02.

• Like 3

But, the reality is ever since minifigures plus started dumping their sets out there, and all of their customers got their cases to dump online, and target and walmart's 20,000 combined stores all got in 2 to 3 cases, this line is nowhere near profitable anymore.  But the horde has gone crazy… "there's money to be made".  Yeah, if you were in it two weeks ago. .

I liked it a whole lot better when you dirty resellers stayed out of the minifig business :mad:

I agree lol.  Still no sign of these at Meijer.  Wonder what the deal is.

Edited by stackables

I liked it a whole lot better when you dirty resellers stayed out of the minifig business :mad:

I agree lol.  Still no sign of these at Meijer.  Wonder what the deal is.

This line made me some good money.  However, I have to say at this point, other than a small bundle a week ago, my sales on this line have been weak over the last few weeks.   At this point, I don't know how anyone can make anything on this line with the amount of resellers in the game.  I want these to go away as well and I'm not so optimistic from here on out.  I honestly can't recall 32 resellers with complete sets for any minifigure line..  I think people are going to be sitting on these for a long time.

A wise reseller once said, "It all depends on the buy-in, unless you're from Canada".

True, but on the same token, you can also say it's all about your profit margin/remaining stock after you flipped a bunch.  Currently, i'm sitting on a bunch of free complete sets thanks to all those "i got to have it right now" collectors.  So, if I wanted to I could give these out as halloween candy, and just walk away…...

At the current prices, the buy in after fees/shipping costs would have to be almost half of retail to consider it a flip worth doing.  I'm cautiously optimistic prices will go back up, but not this year.

• Like 4

judging that amazon prices went from mid-60s to low 80's for the whole set (shipping included ) in a week and the short supply there is money to be made. all the ones bought this year will be opened, and next year there will be few to be found. going on 20+ complete sets at ~$3 per fig, not too bad of a buy in for what is going to be hot seller. it might even hit $100+ this year if none found in BMs (after 10/30 - 70% off clearance).

If people bought theirs from MFers plus, or similar outlets, they are hardly getting a discount.  At 3.99 RRP.  A set of 16 would cost 63.84, not including state tax.  At 80.00, Amazon eats most of the profit.  So, at most people are making 5.00 per set.  When you consider the amount of time it takes to smoosh them, then part them out, and collect them into sets, post the listing, and then package it after it sells, that seems like it's barely worth the effort.

Just for perspective.  I, along with a few others here were selling these from 120 to 130 back in late august/early september.  Profit margins on those with RRP were just a touch over 30 per set after fees.  I don't even consider that a big win.  It was decent, and good, but that's probably the best it will get for a long time.

These are also still thick in the targets around here.. .I also think there is bound to be another restock.  These won't go dry until January, like most minifigure series, i'd expect to see them for at least 9 months.

These are also still thick in the targets around here.. .I also think there is bound to be another restock.  These won't go dry until January, like most minifigure series, i'd expect to see them for at least 9 months.

We are having two completely different experiences with this series. These were in my are 2-3 weeks ago (Targets and Walgreens) and now I can't find a single one. No Walmart or TRU sells these and Targets out of my usual circle are oos as well. At this point I don't want to see a restock. 

• Like 2

If people bought theirs from MFers plus, or similar outlets, they are hardly getting a discount.  At 3.99 RRP.  A set of 16 would cost 63.84, not including state tax.  At 80.00, Amazon eats most of the profit.  So, at most people are making 5.00 per set.  When you consider the amount of time it takes to smoosh them, then part them out, and collect them into sets, post the listing, and then package it after it sells, that seems like it's barely worth the effort.

Just for perspective.  I, along with a few others here were selling these from 120 to 130 back in late august/early september.  Profit margins on those with RRP were just a touch over 30 per set after fees.  I don't even consider that a big win.  It was decent, and good, but that's probably the best it will get for a long time.

Whaddaya mean ? It takes 16 seconds to smoosh complete set if you use the custom 16 pockets bag. :D

At some point, someone is going to look back at this thread and think "why did that 1 dude stop doing CMF again?" ;)

• Like 4

We are having two completely different experiences with this series. These were in my are 2-3 weeks ago (Targets and Walgreens) and now I can't find a single one. No Walmart or TRU sells these and Targets out of my usual circle are oos as well. At this point I don't want to see a restock. 

People seem to forget that Series 12 was also sold out for some time at LEGO Shop at Home, but then came back in force. Series 14 is far superior to 12, and has a lot more demand, so I certainly expect a restock given that the next series doesn't come out until January. 

Edited by McLovin

People seem to forget that Series 12 was also sold out for some time at LEGO Shop at Home, but then came back in force. Series 14 is far superior to 12, and has a lot more demand, so I certainly expect a restock given that the next series doesn't come out until January. 

these will be in demand until 10/30, not much after. it would be stupid for SAH to put these on shelves after that date as most BM retailers will send these straight to clearance sections. talking about a good buy in then.