Ideas #012: 21303 - WALL-E

mattyman

Do you want one for yourself, or just making a general observation? If you want one for yourself, I'll see if I can hook you up.

thanks ... i odered 2 from FAO but it went to my bro in Seattle since they dont ship free to Hawaii ... so i do have them, but then i dont ...

First two don't count because they were never even released in the US. They said before hand that the Rover was going to be a limited release and they may have said the same about RI but I don't remember.

i bought 15 Hayabusa's at $40 at my local Lego store last year at 20% off so they were sold in the US

Do you think that Lego might have put Wall-e as out of stock till February , so that all the resellers would buy up the existing stock (the ones with the neck issues ) , so that all of the neck issue ones are in the hands of the reseller , and not in the shops.  And then they might pull one on us , and bring it back well before February?  Crazy thinking I know - but I think that the resellers will get what is left of them.  Quick flip ! 

No , now that I think about it , they would have sold out fast anyway . So they wouldn't be bothered doing that . 

Edited by Ryan Junior

While not currently available, FAO price now up to $59 like the rest of the stores

Hmmm... Interesting.

If Lego reissues Wall-E with an updated neck, would the consumer skip version 1.0?
Version 2.0 vs. 1.0 w/fix-it kit from Lego?
Quick flip before February OR continue with long-term hold (2-3 years)?

Guest TabbyBoy

I'd also skip v1 if v2 fixes the busted neck. If I had v1, I'd return it as I don't want demanding customers complaining. I have none currently but, will try to get a v2 for my collection.

I'd also skip v1 if v2 fixes the busted neck. If I had v1, I'd return it as I don't want demanding customers complaining. I have none currently but, will try to get a v2 for my collection.

I couldn't disagree more.  I do agree I would skip v1 if I were buying in Feb, but would I return those that I have?  Absolutely not!  Do you really believe parents are going to tell their kids, "Sorry Timmy, I know you want one for Christmas and I'm prepared to spend $100 for it, but there's a $4 neck issue with this one, so let's just wait until the middle of February"?   I have the LEGO CS number I can provide to demanding customers if I do get someone that is upset over a known neck issue which costs $4 to fix.  And to be honest, I don't believe kids give a flying kite about the 'drooping' neck issue, not so much that they'd rather wait for 2 months instead of getting one for Christmas.

• Like 4

I couldn't disagree more.  I do agree I would skip v1 if I were buying in Feb, but would I return those that I have?  Absolutely not!  Do you really believe parents are going to tell their kids, "Sorry Timmy, I know you want one for Christmas and I'm prepared to spend $100 for it, but there's a $4 neck issue with this one, so let's just wait until the middle of February"?   I have the LEGO CS number I can provide to demanding customers if I do get someone that is upset over a known neck issue which costs $4 to fix.  And to be honest, I don't believe kids give a flying kite about the 'drooping' neck issue, not so much that they'd rather wait for 2 months instead of getting one for Christmas.

Agreed.  My Lobes feel opportunity here

All the Walle were pulled out at Lego store because they are not satisfied with the head problem and will be back in Feb...

My BAM didn't get the message.  They were 4 wide and 5 deep with 39R5 Wall-Es.  They have heard the rumor, but have no instructions to send back. 

My cousin in another state said his BAM had plenty, too.

I have 3-4 sets I'm working on stockpiling for flipping this season.  Until deals change, (making it less favorable to purchase this one or more favorable to purchase another one) this is one of them.

I'm a bit behind on accumulating this one as I was trying to feel out short term inventory (BBT or RI).  But the various signs including LEGO Shop at Home restock date, how quickly they are disappearing from my local store shelves, limited restocks at local stores, etc. are making me lean closer to RI than BBT.

I have 3-4 sets I'm working on stockpiling for flipping this season.  Until deals change, (making it less favorable to purchase this one or more favorable to purchase another one) this is one of them.

I'm a bit behind on accumulating this one as I was trying to feel out short term inventory (BBT or RI).  But the various signs including LEGO Shop at Home restock date, how quickly they are disappearing from my local store shelves, limited restocks at local stores, etc. are making me lean closer to RI than BBT.

TRU around here ran out fairly quickly and have not restocked in a few weeks.  Have not see any on shelves at the LEGO stores...  Online inventory is sticking around longer, but that could just be that not as many are aware that this exists yet.  when things, that are not heavily advertised, fly off the shelves quickly it will take some time for the masses to start looking for it.  I see this set as one of those that people see in store really have little idea it ever existed at this point.

There's a Dutch bidding site (not eBay) where I saw a Wall-E (MISB) sold for €104 this week. 

Easier here, because Lego Ideas sets are not sold in brick & mortar stores in The Netherlands, so the only place to buy them from is the Lego Webshop. And when TLG stops selling them, they instantly increase in value!

There's a Dutch bidding site (not eBay) where I saw a Wall-E (MISB) sold for €104 this week. 

Easier here, because Lego Ideas sets are not sold in brick & mortar stores in The Netherlands, so the only place to buy them from is the Lego Webshop. And when TLG stops selling them, they instantly increase in value!

Same here so parallel exporters take note!