Ideas #012: 21303 - WALL-E

mattyman

How many of these is everyone picking up? What is the forecast on how long Wall-e will be with us and rise in value?

I'm no expert at all. Worst forecaster ever.  And I say this set is going to be available in quantity and for a long time (2yrs or more). So the smart money would do the opposite of what I say, and buy up plenty ASAP.  :)  

Seriously though, I understand IDEAS sets can be "limited" or short lived at times... I can consider comparisons to Back To The Future, and Ecto-1... but both of those movies are over 30 years old.  BTTF is the ugliest DeLorean I've ever seen.  Ecto-1 is great, but still an adult focused theme. Wall-E appeals to all ages... is such a loved, and major character... It is such a great looking model (boxy robot is the perfect theme for Lego), reasonable price point, Lego's cozy relationship with Disney right now... I just think all these add up to plenty of demand and plenty of supply for this set.  This could be the Death Star of the IDEAS line... ok... maybe that's a little dramatic... but if people love it and keep buying it, why would Lego ever stop making them?

• Like 2

I'm holding off as this could be another Exo Suit.

Wall-E ain't no Exo suit and an Exo suit ain't no Wall-E. Get your quota. Either now or later. Then move on. Taking advantage of double VIP and TRUTH and FAO is a good idea as discounts are getting hard to come by as time moves on. Many of you know how easy it was to get discounts on Lego often, it ain't like that anymore.

• Like 4

I think something is up with the data for the EU stock tracker...it was alread TOOS yesterday when there was supposed to be huge restock - on the other hand you got IR now available and the Stock tracker didn't show any restock.

I´d trust the tracker data more than I trust shop at home web messages, then again I´d trust just about just about anything more than I trust shop at home web....

I think something is up with the data for the EU stock tracker...it was alread TOOS yesterday when there was supposed to be huge restock - on the other hand you got IR now available and the Stock tracker didn't show any restock.

http://brickset.com/sets/21303-1/WALL•E

More likely they are updating the limit to 5 with the stock returning to moderate levels--or LEGO Shop at Home just messing up with their standard MO for their website.