Ideas #012: 21303 - WALL-E

mattyman

i finished the build review.  just need to get the pictures ready.  here is a sneak peak of the motorized Wall-E i built.

hiding the PF cables was the main challenge. 

another obstacle was the torque generated by the 2 PF 8883 M-Motors.  the "Cross Axle 4M" that connects the 8883 and track assembly tends to get serrated.

update:  yeah, the dog wouldn't leave Wall-E alone and demanded a cameo.

sweet. love the canine approval and looking forward to your write up.

• Like 1

i finished the build review.  just need to get the pictures ready.  here is a sneak peak of the motorized Wall-E i built.

hiding the PF cables was the main challenge. 

another obstacle was the torque generated by the 2 PF 8883 M-Motors.  the "Cross Axle 4M" that connects the 8883 and track assembly tends to get separated (that side stops moving).

update:  yeah, the dog wouldn't leave Wall-E alone and demanded a cameo.

Im picking up my Wall-E today, I would love to see the plans/parts to motorize it :)

Cheers 

• Like 1

Any love for this little guy (for investment) at $49.99 (FAO.com)?

This is another no brainer. Guaranteed money to be made. This is the first Disney ideas set, I think. It ain't small and it's beautiful. Not to mention upgradeable.

Don't be afraid. Load up. I'm planning on 20 for me before this goes EOL.

• Like 1

Any love for this little guy (for investment) at $49.99 (FAO.com)?

This is another no brainer. Guaranteed money to be made. This is the first Disney ideas set, I think. It ain't small and it's beautiful. Not to mention upgradeable.

Don't be afraid. Load up. I'm planning on 20 for me before this goes EOL.

• Like 1

20 isn't the question -- easy to get that in 3 minutes over the past 2 days;   How deep is this 3rd run and are there anymore coming is the question.

The most recent batch from FAO is still 36R5.  

Anyone get target can report back the label  37R5 is LEGO Shop at Home latest from last week.

Really hard to tell on these Ideas sets though;  Some make several runs while others are One-Offs and never to return.   Which one will Wall-E fall into is the question.  The initial run hasn't been that deep like the Big Bang Theory was.   With Dr. Who officially announced, will they make more runs at both factories or single one?

It's definitely going to go up, but timing and duration are largest questions on this right now.  Nothing from Walmart which is very interesting--perhaps holding back for BF????

Really hard to tell on these Ideas sets though;  Some make several runs while others are One-Offs and never to return.   Which one will Wall-E fall into is the question.  The initial run hasn't been that deep like the Big Bang Theory was.   With Dr. Who officially announced, will they make more runs at both factories or single one?

It's definitely going to go up, but timing and duration are largest questions on this right now.  Nothing from Walmart which is very interesting--perhaps holding back for BF????

Most Ideas sets have at least 18 month run. I can't see Wall-E going any sooner than that with it being a Disney property.

I keep buying these at $50 when they pop up. I usually wouldn't buy this early but a 17% discount on an ideas set right off the bat? No brainer. If a shortage pops up this xmas I will let some go at the right price ($100 plus shipping), but if not, oh well, I will stack them up next to my ectos and wait it out.

21100 Sub - <1 yr

21101 Hayabusa - < 1yr

21102 Minecraft series :  2 years -- replaced with entire new line

21103 DeLorean - ?# of runs -- never counted -- 1.5 years

21104: Rover: 3months - - 1-3 runs only?

21108: Ecto:  ongoing

21109: ExoSuit- 3 runs +  1 HUGE run -  done -- overproduced but EOL 

21110: Research Institute:  3 runs + 1 larger run - done  <3months still

21302:  Big Bang -  ongoing

21303:  Wall-E ongoing

-- Can't really say 'normal' is 18months -- DeLorean was pretty deep and but unknown how many production runs were done on it.  I would THINK this would go for a few more runs, but Lego can keep it short too without any established consistent history on the Ideas line to date.

-- So how deep are people's stacks?  Even at $50, space is getting tight even before the prime holiday season stock up

21100 Sub - <1 yr

21101 Hayabusa - < 1yr

21102 Minecraft series :  2 years -- replaced with entire new line

21103 DeLorean - ?# of runs -- never counted -- 1.5 years

21104: Rover: 3months - - 1-3 runs only?

21108: Ecto:  ongoing

21109: ExoSuit- 3 runs +  1 HUGE run -  done -- overproduced but EOL 

21110: Research Institute:  3 runs + 1 larger run - done  <3months still

21302:  Big Bang -  ongoing

21303:  Wall-E ongoing

-- Can't really say 'normal' is 18months -- DeLorean was pretty deep and but unknown how many production runs were done on it.  I would THINK this would go for a few more runs, but Lego can keep it short too without any established consistent history on the Ideas line to date.

-- So how deep are people's stacks?  Even at $50, space is getting tight even before the prime holiday season stock up

First two don't count because they were never even released in the US. They said before hand that the Rover was going to be a limited release and they may have said the same about RI but I don't remember.

It´s been interesting to see that most ideas sets have had pretty big restocks since records started, except Ecto 1.

Now I understand better why they made so many Exo´s as sales of Wall E have been strong at the beginning so 4k of stock won´t last long. It´s when sales suddenly drop off without warning and don´t recover that they can get caught out.

TBBT has dropped off markedly since mid August, let´s see how Wall E does after the initial rush has subsided.,

My TRU always have them on the shelf. I can get them at $36. i am buying it whenever i stop by there but i don't think it will be any shortage this Christmas :(

I've got 3 TRUs around me and the only 2 I've EVER seen on the shelf were the two I posted about before.  They were on the shelf early and I couldn't purchase them.  Those are the only 2 I've ever seen on the shelf.