Ideas #012: 21303 - WALL-E

mattyman

Really hard to tell on these Ideas sets though;  Some make several runs while others are One-Offs and never to return.   Which one will Wall-E fall into is the question.  The initial run hasn't been that deep like the Big Bang Theory was.   With Dr. Who officially announced, will they make more runs at both factories or single one?

It's definitely going to go up, but timing and duration are largest questions on this right now.  Nothing from Walmart which is very interesting--perhaps holding back for BF????

IMO, Wall·E can't be compared to TBBT.  Just in terms of popularity, Wall·E did over half a billion dollars in box office sales and another $200 million in DVD sales.  In today's movie world, it would've passed a billion at the box office.  On IMDB, it scores 8.4.  On Rotten Tomatoes, it's at 96%.  He's just, well, interesting.  My son liking him without ever seeing the movie is a perfect example.  TBBT is popular, yes, but many I know don't care for it.  Even if I were a huge fan, the set itself is just boring in my opinion.  LEGO killed it when they designed every part of this set, from the box to the bot.  All my opinions, of course.  But I'm right. :)

Guest brickcrazyhouse

images.jpeg

here is one. i think we would need some clear hinge pieces and more for the neck. 

Edited by brickcrazyhouse

My TRU always have them on the shelf. I can get them at $36. i am buying it whenever i stop by there but i don't think it will be any shortage this Christmas

I get them now and then at my TRU... with Truth - 20% - $5, I can get them down to $38 + tax... how do I get it down to $36?

First two don't count because they were never even released in the US. They said before hand that the Rover was going to be a limited release and they may have said the same about RI but I don't remember.

21101 was sold in downtown disney orlando lego store. Probably due to amount of international customers. 

No, TRUTH is still 10%. But there's a 20% one item coupon that stacks with it right now.  So to get WALL-E down to the price talked about ($36), it's 20% coupon, 10% TRUTH, $5 off $25, and a discounted gift card.

Thanks wasn't aware of a coupon.

How many of these is everyone picking up? What is the forecast on how long Wall-e will be with us and rise in value?

I'm pretty confident it isn't leaving quickly...I would definitely not buy any without a discount...

Edited by dcdfan
  • Like 1

Yikes! If it wasn't for the coupons, I'd never step in a TRU...

I never do. I just buy online with discount gcs and rewards points combos to get what I want. The closest TRU is a 45 min drive and I have had trouble stacking discounts there in the past so I just don't bother anymore.