TRU Canada Sales and Clearance

tacsniper

On ‎14‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 8:36 PM, Gray2010 said:

... Do you guys know if  the batman minifigures will ever be on clearance?

john

I'd bet they will definitely go on sale at some point, just from the shear numbers flooding the shelves at TRU (also since they bumped the price up), My nearest TRU has an entire length of a front section asile shelf with a row of 20 opened boxes x2 deep all lined up for picking.  & for the first time I've seen, they posted a sign with a purchase limit of 20 packages... so of course there's now opened bags tucked all over the store from the ones folks don't want.

They had to put Disney CMFs on half price just to make a dent in the stockpile, but finally those are starting to get down to the last dozen or so boxes on the shelf. 

IMO They're just coming out with these too fast and super-saturating the market faster than people want or can budget for them...

I saw something similar at the Toysrus, they must of had at least 30 boxes of Batman CMF's on the shelves.  I hope they go on sale because $4.99 is a little steep.

I've been trying to look for the Disney CMF's, does anyone know if they will restock their inventory or this will be it?  Seems like none of the Toysrus in Toronto have any in store.

1 hour ago, KSYC said:

I saw something similar at the Toysrus, they must of had at least 30 boxes of Batman CMF's on the shelves.  I hope they go on sale because $4.99 is a little steep.

I've been trying to look for the Disney CMF's, does anyone know if they will restock their inventory or this will be it?  Seems like none of the Toysrus in Toronto have any in store.

I have 4 cases of Disney, would be willing to trade for a case of series 16...

2 hours ago, KSYC said:

TRU around Calgary just got a restock of Disney CMF this week. Each store I've been to had at least 8-10 fresh boxes.

On 19-1-2017 at 9:28 PM, KSYC said:

Called a local store and was told somebody cleaned out 600 of them yesterday.  

I guess it's possible that you called Broadway Vancouver? :)

FYI, not lego related, but TRU has BOGO on Transformers Fortress Maximus. If Metroplex can skyrocket, I'm sure Fortress Maximus can match its performance after EOL. Youtube has a number of good reviews comparing Maximus to Metroplex.

16 hours ago, aaronwinship said:

Not sure if people are interested, but the Big Bang Theory set is 40% off plus BOGO 50%.
 Limit of 2.

With free shipping, it comes out to 55% off before taxes. Although I am not too keen on this set, you can't lose money at that price.

where were you the last month?

On 1/24/2017 at 7:12 AM, TargetZero said:

where were you the last month?

Completely unnecessary comment....

Regardless, in my area these sets were completely cleared from the shelves.  I've checked the TRU site periodically over the last month, and I have never seen it available. Looking at the site now, its OOS again.

Suffice to say, I would imagine that I am not the only one who missed it the first time around.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, aaronwinship said:

Completely unnecessary comment....

Regardless, in my area these sets were completely cleared from the shelves.  I've checked the TRU site periodically over the last month, and I have never seen it available. Looking at the site now, its OOS again.

Suffice to say, I would imagine that I am not the only one who missed it the first time around.

cmon chill. I was laughing while write this. Don't get anything to the letter. We were talking about this for the last month that's all, i found it funny that's all. Should have putten more !!! :) and a lol to my message sorry

and of course it's OOS, it's been there for a month!!! lol :)  

But seriously, yes we miss deals here and there, what's the point?  I meant, people are they reading this post before posting double triple quatruple post?

Edited by TargetZero

Was at the Newmarket store last night searching for retiring soon Dr Strange sets (which like magic were all gone) and saw they had Disney minifigs on for like $2 each and were part of the Clearance BOGO 50% off. Too bad I already completed my set. When I was at the cashier, she mentioned how the Dr Who and Big Bang Theory sets were also on sale for $40 each and part of the BOGO. This is what it took for me to cave on buying these sets, getting them for under $35 each taxes in. I got 2 of each, and for BBT I justified it to myself for all the figures and various pieces I would have if they never sold to use in building a beige MOC modular. There were still quite a few left. 

Was at a TRU close to me last night. Lots of Dr Who sets, and about a dozen BBT sets although some were banged up. Grabbed 6 Dr Who sets. Think I'm gonna go back for more. Lots of Disney figs for $2.38/ea. Didn't have the clearance tag on it, and I forgot to check on the way out if they were BOGO. Will have to remember when I go back.

Was at a TRU close to me last night. Lots of Dr Who sets, and about a dozen BBT sets although some were banged up. Grabbed 6 Dr Who sets. Think I'm gonna go back for more. Lots of Disney figs for $2.38/ea. Didn't have the clearance tag on it, and I forgot to check on the way out if they were BOGO. Will have to remember when I go back.

They are BOGO

It's Friday so new TRU sales are up. Select LEGO is 20% off. Meh. Only worth it if you're looking for a bigger set and you need it right now. Otherwise, just resume visiting your local TRU to clear out their clearance BOGO stuff that is still sitting on shelves. :) 

They have in-store events for TLBM coming up. On Saturday Feb 11 from 11AM-1PM, they've got a "Make and Take, Scavenger Hunt, Giveaways and other fun in-store activities" for children ages 4 and up.

If you're in Ontario, the following locations have TLBM Character Meet & Greets:

Sunday Jan 29: Vaughan Mills; Richmond Hill

Saturday Feb 11: Winston Churchill; Sherway

Sunday Feb 12: Whitby; Pickering

And finally, from Jan 27-Feb 2, spend $50 or more on any LEGO DC Construction Sets and get an $8 Cineplex Ticket Voucher to see TLBM.

Edited by KatoSwift

5 hours ago, mongrelhorde said:

it might be long to turn it into good profit... buyin at 31.50$+tx, but often sells for 50-55$...-minus fees... so IMHO you'll have to wait a years to make a descent profit on those. Got a few for my-self or selling and trading purpose. There is a lot of competition out there, and taking 10+ of these is exposing yourself to long hold. Just telling, this is not wall-e. They are a lot of deals out there, in the wild lol, and money can be spent on better lego sets imo. yes it is a lego ideas.... BUT first this is most a UK thing. Like TBBT is most US. Second thing that rings a bell to me is  Why is there still some available? Those have been on sale for almost a month now. Usualy, sets are been wiped out in about 24h maximum at those price, and very very often, the morning that goes on sale.  So... think about it. Try to get a sealed box of minifigues,  this is a better choice, by alot.

Edited by TargetZero

well check bricklink! 

40 minutes ago, mongrelhorde said:

I'm a patient man. And it's definitely selling for more than $50-55 on eBay. BIN sales over the past week are in the $70CDN+ range, as are the current asks. But yes, there is a lot of competition.

yeah but it's a slow seller, check sold listing for wall-e, that's a seller. Just saying there is better out there to spend money on for exemple walmart clearance. and it sells more often for around 60-65$, two last sells from canada where at 60 the 16 jan, and 65$ the 24. Before that, it goes to december 14!!!!!!! This sets didn't get any buyer beetween december 14 and january 16. and any from the 04 decembre to the 14 december from canadian sellers. 

That's horrible in my opinion.

Dont get over exited about those price. Those sets will be alot of sleeping money beleive me, money that  would have done better used elsewhere. you'll have to be patient, very. But eh! It is just my opinion. And buying lego sets with credit card is the badest thing to do if you are not 100% sur to all repay before paying interest on it.  Thing is, everybody have those TBBT and drwho sleeping. But not everybody have specifics sets that goes on walmart clearance. It all  depends on what is left in the store. Some are lucky, some are not. But the game is like that these days. 

Edited by TargetZero

Thank you for your concern about my liquidity and my investments. I assure you I am 100% able to pay off my card every month, and I am more than happy to buy this set at < 50% of retail. If there was any more WalMart clearance, or Wall-E's, to be had in my neck of the woods I would be purchasing those as well.

3 hours ago, TargetZero said:

yeah but it's a slow seller, check sold listing for wall-e, that's a seller. Just saying there is better out there to spend money on for exemple walmart clearance. and it sells more often for around 60-65$, two last sells from canada where at 60 the 16 jan, and 65$ the 24. Before that, it goes to december 14!!!!!!! This sets didn't get any buyer beetween december 14 and january 16. and any from the 04 decembre to the 14 december from canadian sellers. 

You are looking at a period when people could have gone to TRU to get these sets brand new for $40-45. That is one reason why BrickLink didn't have many sales during Christmas/New Years. If you are patient and can hold inventory for a year, these are easy sets to make double your investment back even if you sell for original retail price. Also, TBBT has 7 minifigures. My cost/set was $35.26 all-in. If I can sell all 7 minifigures for $35, that's basically free parts for me. I don't see much difficulty moving 7 unique minifigures for $35 CAD.

• Like 2