TRU Canada Sales and Clearance

tacsniper

36 minutes ago, TargetZero said:

was this today? or you price matched for ''keeping'' one free? that might have changed my mind on opened box!

No price match... just went in and bought 16 and then they were all bogo50 and I said, what about the buy 3 get one free... they said ok and adjusted from there... not sure what they did but it still didn't work out right but still better than bogo50 so I wasn't going to complain.

2 minutes ago, Zender said:

No price match... just went in and bought 16 and then they were all bogo50 and I said, what about the buy 3 get one free... they said ok and adjusted from there... not sure what they did but it still didn't work out right but still better than bogo50 so I wasn't going to complain.

very good yes

Hit my local TRU today since I was nearby. Found 1 Raptor Rampage, got a case of Disney figs (came to $150 before tax, not sure what discounts applied), price matched 3 Service Stations to superstore's 50% off.

And I found a Sandcrawler. Full price but whatever, I wanted an extra to build one day!

57 minutes ago, Zelgazra said:

Hit my local TRU today since I was nearby. Found 1 Raptor Rampage, got a case of Disney figs (came to $150 before tax, not sure what discounts applied), price matched 3 Service Stations to superstore's 50% off.

And I found a Sandcrawler. Full price but whatever, I wanted an extra to build one day!

Did you go to Metrotown?  I need 6 Disney minis for our own collection, not to resell, so I am looking to go to a different TRU thatn someone who bought complete boxes.

1 hour ago, Zelgazra said:

a case of Disney figs (came to $150 before tax, not sure what discounts applied)

Examined my receipt a little closer. Due to policy they weren't allowed to scan one and punch in x60, so they had to scan a UPC 60 times. It appears the BOGO was applied as an average to every pack; they show up alternating $2.23, $2.24. Then at the bottom there are 15 listed as -$2.98, so that's the Buy 3 get 1 applied on top. The -$2.98 applied after the averaging was done.... so, I'm not about to figure out the math, but that (B3G1) worked out to more than the implied 25%. Great deal!  

32 minutes ago, redghostx said:

Did you go to Metrotown?

Nah I'm over on Lonsdale, so this was at the North Van Wonderlab. They might have even more sealed cases, though the one they had open on the counter was only missing 5-10 packets. 

33 minutes ago, redghostx said:

I need 6 Disney minis for our own collection

Which figs do you need? Obviously I'll want to keep my complete sets complete, but there's always some extras. If I have the extras of the ones you need I'd offload to you at today's cost of $2.25 each. Would save me the hassle of listing to offload the individuals, and saves you the hassle of smooshing in store. 

bouhouhou ..   nexo are .98 in store but not online. did same thing last year with many kits..   Just want to go there and hit some TBBT and dr who bogo.. one to go with each wall-e i'Ve bough.... 21$+tx each... arggggggggg.. i won't get a refund on bogo wall-e. instead i'll pick a kit in the same price range ending in .98 to go with each wall-es..   If the 2nd TBBT and DR who arent bogo... argggg even have some 10$ gift card to use on this.   Also watching 75913, tons of them in my store but this at bogo will be nice to have.

I do think the lego bogo starts the 2nd... This week was the boxing day week, clearing all they can withtout bogo on lego, because toys r us are greedy now

Edited by TargetZero

2 hours ago, TargetZero said:

bouhouhou ..   nexo are .98 in store but not online.

I do think the lego bogo starts the 2nd... This week was the boxing day week, clearing all they can withtout bogo on lego, because toys r us are greedy now

Are you suggesting we should see the same BOGO sales online from January 2nd?

1 hour ago, eliminator said:

Got a few clearance BOGO in store today.

1x Capitol Building, 2x Dr Who, and 1x Big Bang.

thanks man, went there to ''' return '' my wall-e. (i just bring my invoice) So she gave a refund on them on a card, bough all the wall-es back, but purchased some TBBT and dr who at 21$ each to go with all the wall-es i've bought. Thanks to you, i didn't miss it. (not much supply left). So left the store with full bags of them 21$ each.

thanks man, went there to ''' return '' my wall-e. (i just bring my invoice) So she gave a refund on them on a card, bough all the wall-es back, but purchased some TBBT and dr who at 21$ each to go with all the wall-es i've bought. Thanks to you, i didn't miss it. (not much supply left). So left the store with full bags of them 21$ each.

I am confused... it's bogo 50% off not bogo free. I just picked up a couple yesterday. Did the sale change to bogo free?

5 minutes ago, Zender said:

I am confused... it's bogo 50% off not bogo free. I just picked up a couple yesterday. Did the sale change to bogo free?

what do you mean?

it's bogo 50% off yes. I've paid 42+tx for each wall-e i've bough. TBBT and dr who are 41.98$. So i've returned my wall-es and rebough them at 41.98$. So after what I've purchased 1 TBBT or dr who for each wall-e i've ''re-bough'' at bogo price. So i have already payed for my wall-e.... so basicly 21$ for each TBBT or dr who. But in my bigbook, i let the wall-e at 42$ liked i've paid. (instead of 31.50$ each...). 

Since they are no more wall-e.... it was impossible to get bogo on them,, but i did kepping my invoices.

Edited by TargetZero

what do you mean?
it's bogo 50% off yes. I've paid 42+tx for each wall-e i've bough. TBBT and dr who are 41.98$. So i've returned my wall-es and rebough them at 41.98$. So after what I've purchased 1 TBBT or dr who for each wall-e i've ''re-bough'' at bogo price. So i have already payed for my wall-e.... so basicly 21$ for each TBBT or dr who. But in my bigbook, i let the wall-e at 42$ liked i've paid. (instead of 33 each...). 

Ok I understood you were getting them at $21 each but ya, 30 something each is what I paid so makes sense.

7 hours ago, eliminator said:

Just picked up 2 more Dr Who sets. They weren't even marked on sale and no BOGO signs anywhere. The price-checker is your friend.

Also, they had at least 10 Sith Infiltrators also showing the normal price but coming up as $71.99 on the checker.

Are you saying you did not pick the 10 Sith Infitrators at 40% off plus BOGO? If you would perhaps be interested to grab them all, debox and ship me the content, I would gladly pay some extra for the service ($100?).

A Few more lego are finishing with .98.  Like the dr who set.  I bought 2.  But at checkout, the second one does not become half price.  I get 41.98 times 2 for 83.96$ total.  I did store pick up.  You think I will be able to adjust the price in store?

7 hours ago, Stragus said:

Are you saying you did not pick the 10 Sith Infitrators at 40% off plus BOGO? If you would perhaps be interested to grab them all, debox and ship me the content, I would gladly pay some extra for the service ($100?).

The Siths price didnt end in "8", so BOGO 50% off did not apply.  IMO, the set is overpriced at $120 MSRP for 662 parts and 4 minifigs.

Even at $72 plus taxes I think I would have a hard time making a good return on these.