TRU Canada Sales and Clearance

tacsniper

5 hours ago, KSYC said:

The Lego Disney MF have just gone down to $2.38 and BOGO.   

Ya lots locally for me too.  Bought a sealed box but they had to open it to count since there is no indication of how many come in a box (60).  Works out to 119.96 after tax for the box so basically $2/pack.

7 hours ago, TargetZero said:

Has long has you have invoice, and are in return period. No problem.

Sometimes, they are confused and dont know how to. Just tell them it's just like if I returned them, and purchased them at the actual price. Easy money!

Well, I owe you one! It worked, thanks again. I'm not sure I otherwise would have tried the BOGO price adjustment in store for online purchases.

It probably took something like half a hour, each order had to be processed individually in a laborious process full of manager overrides...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, YYZ said:

With a new box, are you guaranteed to get 3 full sets? Also if you resell these, do most buyer preferred them already opened? 

From what I've read, a fresh box of 60 will have three full sets of 16 and an extra of Mickey Mouse, Genie, Stitch, Mr. Incredible, Syndrome, and Toy Story Alien.

17 hours ago, Stragus said:

Well, I owe you one! It worked, thanks again. I'm not sure I otherwise would have tried the BOGO price adjustment in store for online purchases.

It probably took something like half a hour, each order had to be processed individually in a laborious process full of manager overrides...

Did you buy more at half price, or got a refund? just curious :) And no problem!! Glad it worked,  always did for me. Totally worth it. 

7 hours ago, TargetZero said:

Did you buy more at half price, or got a refund? just curious :) And no problem!! Glad it worked,  always did for me. Totally worth it.

Yes, grabbed another bunch of Dr Who sets with the resulting gift card. Thanks again!

I'm still totally against the practice of returning perfectly fine products to a store, but asking for price ajustments to match new sales seems okay, mostly.

Not sure if it has been posted earlier but I came across the last Ideas Maze set in my area today. Marked down to $55.98. Going to go back and price match the ones I got a week ago. Will end up with two for less than the original price of one. Not bad on a retired set.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, 111ins said:

Not sure if it has been posted earlier but I came across the last Ideas Maze set in my area today. Marked down to $55.98. Going to go back and price match the ones I got a week ago. Will end up with two for less than the original price of one. Not bad on a retired set.

where at? damn i want those

12 hours ago, TargetZero said:

where at? damn i want those

Kitchener, grabbed their last one but will be price matching the two from last week that I grabbed.

4 minutes ago, 111ins said:

Kitchener, grabbed their last one but will be price matching the two from last week that I grabbed.

i didnt manage to get one at a descent price. If you've missed something, maybe we could deal something, i want a maze for my personnal sealed collection

7 IR's on the shelf at retail locally. I'm passing on them.  This set reminds me a lot of Lonely Mountain 79018 last year. A non descriptive build that nobody cares about, and one large notable figure. Just checked and I can pick up Lonely Mountain for $211 CAD on Bricklink which is pretty much original MSRP plus taxes and seller fees showing a break even after a year. IR will be great, but buy price will be important.

Speaking of buy in price, I picked up 2 boxes of Disney Figs, $2.38 BOGO 1/2, while I was at the same TRU. sadly they weren't sealed boxes but appeared mostly untouched. Guess I've got some touchy feely to do this evening. Fingers crossed I have 6 complete sets to sell in couple years. I'm going to play the long game on these. 

IMG_20170109_115506.jpg

27 minutes ago, CupIsHalfEmpty said:

Speaking of buy in price, I picked up 2 boxes of Disney Figs, $2.38 BOGO 1/2, while I was at the same TRU. sadly they weren't sealed boxes but appeared mostly untouched. Guess I've got some touchy feely to do this evening. Fingers crossed I have 6 complete sets to sell in couple years. I'm going to play the long game on these. 

Good call, I should have bought as many as possible when I was at TRU on the weekend. After tax, my cost would have been $2/unit. Even if you don't want to play the long-term game, you should be able to flip them online for $8-10 USD shipped, which is a profit for me.

4 hours ago, Gray2010 said:

I just came back from the Toys r Us at Yonge and Eglinton.  No BOGO sets remaining except for one 42052 at 149.98 sitting on the shelf. 

John

only one damn, nothging to pair with it I supose i would have taken two of these... damn I love and hate being in a small town

On 1/9/2017 at 2:34 PM, KatoSwift said:

Good call, I should have bought as many as possible when I was at TRU on the weekend. After tax, my cost would have been $2/unit. Even if you don't want to play the long-term game, you should be able to flip them online for $8-10 USD shipped, which is a profit for me.

The disney MF are a no brainer. It comes to about $2/minifig which is insanely cheap. Just go and clean out your TRU.

On 1/7/2017 at 9:36 AM, 111ins said:

That is a massive steal. The Maze has gone up quite a lot since EOL. They never had the Maze in TRUs, you lucked out.

1 hour ago, Gray2010 said:

I got lucky.  There was one lonely lego minifigure series 16 on the peg and I asked the sales lady if they had any more.  She said that she will check the back room and lo and behold she brings me a sealed box. Just under $120 for the sealed box.

John

nice! From rags to riches ... :)

I got lucky.  There was one lonely lego minifigure series 16 on the peg and I asked the sales lady if they had any more.  She said that she will check the back room and lo and behold she brings me a sealed box. Just under $120 for the sealed box.
John

Want to trade for a factory sealed case and box of Disney minifigures :)

4 hours ago, Gray2010 said:

John

Ahh, asking the sales associates for help, smart. I just took all the Disney ones they had on the shelf and dumped them all into my cart. Picked up over 100 on them. I have SO MANY MICKEY'S!!

6 hours ago, Zender said:

Want to trade for a factory sealed case and box of Disney minifigures :)

Thanks but I'll keep that one.  My local toys r us still has 100s of Disney minifigures on display.

i saw some Mixels series 9, are they worth buying them.

Do you guys know if  the batman minifigures will ever be on clearance?

john

Edited by Gray2010