TRU Canada Sales and Clearance

tacsniper

11 minutes ago, eliminator said:

Agreed, Just cant do it now for 2 mini modulars knowing it was 4 previously.

While I am a huge Rebels fan, IMO 75158 is a terrible set. Overpriced and not a very good rendering of the ship. The only thing it has going for it is the Ashoka minifig.

Yeah, I bought this set just for her, and parted out the other minifigs and ship to mostly break even and get her for free.

Took full advantage of that streetview promo! Got 3 full sets of it, and when they ran out of one, they gave an extra of one of the other mini modulars. Got a Rebel Combat Frigate (20% off), Kylo shuttle (20% off), Jestro's Volcanic Lair (20% off) and finally got a Parisian Restaurant and Tower Bridge! Lots off dough thrown there but should get a decent chunk back just in those mini modulars I hope! :P

I definitely think the Star wars promos on the Lego site were less appealing. Finally caved and got a Slave 1 for double points and an R2 poly, but I don't see the point in getting more.

26 minutes ago, Zelgazra said:

I've had some of the minis listed individually at $17 for months now with no movement. 120 Feedback, active TRS seller, I get a reasonable amount of traffic. Nobody seems to want to buy them from me. 

Right... Global demand is low, and there's plenty of supply/competition within Canada.

To clarify, I wasn't considering selling the mini-modulars as sets, but the parts aren't bad to put on BrickOwl/BrickLink (part out of 14 USD ~ 18 CAD each).

59 minutes ago, eliminator said:

Well, I guess I'm picking up an A-Wing tomorrow @ $49.99....

I have neither of AT-ST or the A-Wing... any opinions on which will be the better investment? A-Wing due to slightly more exclusive + Lando? Or AT-ST just because it's a good version of a classic?

2 minutes ago, Shneebs said:

I have neither of AT-ST or the A-Wing... any opinions on which will be the better investment? A-Wing due to slightly more exclusive + Lando? Or AT-ST just because it's a good version of a classic?

I'd look and see how much the last A-Wing may or may not have increased. On the other hand, the AT-ST has had consistent markdowns since the day of release. The exclusive set is probably a better bet long term but the AT-ST has been released less often.

• Like 1

Just now, Shneebs said:

AT-ST is available everywhere (Walmart, Chapters, ToysRUS, BestBuy, SuperStore, etc), and frequently on sale for 20-25%.

IMO, you're better off getting the "limited availability" set...especially for Lando.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lego rules said:

What you going to throw in for the missing penny?

Before today I'd have said nothing since I've never been hassled for the penny on such offers, but today they insisted saying the system wouldn't allow the offer without hitting $40. Thrawn will not be defeated so he picked up a battle pack of stormtroopers to accompany him. Luckily I got the last droid. When I asked how they were gone already, she said they only got 3 for their store. This was Yonge-Eglinton. Also of note, they have all Lego Batman sets over $40 for 25% off, plus you can get a free Batman movie series figure for spending $25. Seems that line has not sold well and I sense future bargoons. They also had smartly put all the DC Superhero Girls sets with the other superhero sets rather than segregating them in the girls section. First time I've seen that done.

43 minutes ago, eliminator said:

My local TRU didn't have these droids. Apparently "they might still be on the truck"

This makes more sense to me. Flyer deals don't normally start until the Friday morning of every week. Having this deal start on a Thursday seems out of the norm for TRUs.

I stopped by my local TRU - sign was on the shelf, but the guy at the cash looked at me like I was talking a foreign language... consulted the flyer, then called several people before finding that they were being stored in a box in the office... it looked approximately like a box of 30 so my R3 was likely one of the first given out at this store. 

I was very torn between the AT-ST and the A-Wing but went with the A-wing in the end. 

Edited by Shneebs
  • Like 2

Of note, the droid wasn't noted anywhere on my receipt. Should it have been?

No - they're not scanning them. The person at my store who knew what was going on (similar experience to Sneebs for myself) said they won't scan so the cashier put a black strike through the barcode and a TRU sticker over it. Sticker peeled off and marker wiped away... this ones for the collection but I don't need it vandalized.

18 hours ago, maryjmeg said:

My TRU was on the ball today - not only did they seem to have plenty of the R3s, but the cashier slipped me a second one when I mentioned I have 4 kids who all play with LEGO. 

I did the same at the second location I was at. I got the Republic Tank and 5 U-wing polybags to qualify and then asked for a second droid.