TRU Canada Sales and Clearance

tacsniper

1 hour ago, lego rules said:

It was $195 late last year at amazon.  Currently Amazon is price matching TRU if stock runs out and people looking.  I personally am holding off.

I remember that one ($195).  Mine came in battered as it was shipped in original packaging.  Fine by me as I'm building this one day.   

Some nice deals all around, hope they expand the sale to other exclusives.

Edited by kd123

12 minutes ago, kd123 said:

I remember that one ($195).  Mine came in batteres as it was shipped in original packaging.  Fine by me as I'm building this one day.   

Some nice deals all around, hope they expand the sale to other exclusives.

I always buy things in at least pairs so they are at least placed into a box.

Mods appreciate if you can move the above post  to the Walmart thread as it was posted way too early in the morning in error.  Thanks

I'd say that was early... still night for some. :) I'll move it when on a computer later, too painful on mobile.

Starting tomorrow: 3 days only - July 7th-9th: 15% off everything both online and in-store, BUT: only on regular priced items, and nothing ending in .94 - which is most all of the higher priced sets. 

I did see Palace Cinema ends in .99 ($199.99), so 15% off would make it $169.99, but not as good as the recent (and sold out) $149.97 price at Walmart.ca...

Edited by Shneebs

5 hours ago, Shneebs said:

Starting tomorrow: 3 days only - July 7th-9th: 15% off everything both online and in-store, BUT: only on regular priced items, and nothing ending in .94 - which is most all of the higher priced sets. 

I did see Palace Cinema ends in .99 ($199.99), so 15% off would make it $169.99, but not as good as the recent (and sold out) $149.97 price at Walmart.ca...

The hard to find sets end in 99, but they aren't included. They're specifically outed as not part of it. However, they occasionally include the mini cooper in sales. Will be keeping an eye on that as I always miss it!

3 hours ago, jimmajenga said:

Oh... They adjusted the price on most Hard to find sets. They normally all end in 99. It's a good thing they adjusted that, because it doesn't mention them not being part of the sale in the flyer otherwise. I only knew because I work there lol

I just noticed it also says "not valid on... select Lego sets...."

21 hours ago, eliminator said:

Found another two Indominus Rex sets at 15% off. Plus, I also got two bonus $5 gift cards that they were handing out. 

I was debating this as there is one at my local TRU too... not sure if this will appreciate or depreciate pending the upcoming movie and associated sets...

16 minutes ago, Shneebs said:

I was debating this as there is one at my local TRU too... not sure if this will appreciate or depreciate pending the upcoming movie and associated sets...

I think it's safe investment. I've already quickly flipped two of these in the last 72 hours for $200 cash pick up. And these were my two that had damaged boxes. My plan is to keep one mint for investment, and open one for a personal build.

Edited by eliminator

3 hours ago, Shneebs said:

Most of us would jump on any IR sets still in the wild. To get one at a discount right now is pure bonus.

Don't be tempted by 15% guys. It's nearly worthless compared to the US Clearances on similar or same sets right now. It's not even that great for personal purchases. 

Many things I bought in my first year at 15% off is still sitting on my shelves waiting for break-even numbers... The market south of the border drives the online price, my advice is to be wise of this. 

Unless you find a retired and hot set like I Rex.... then maybe 15% is pretty good. Mini Coooper, not so much. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Zelgazra said:

Don't be tempted by 15% guys. It's nearly worthless compared to the US Clearances on similar or same sets right now. It's not even that great for personal purchases. 

Many things I bought in my first year at 15% off is still sitting on my shelves waiting for break-even numbers... The market south of the border drives the online price, my advice is to be wise of this. 

Unless you find a retired and hot set like I Rex.... then maybe 15% is pretty good. Mini Coooper, not so much. 

I get what you are saying, but some sets on a case-by-case basis at 15-20% at TRU may be a good option for some. I don't think I've ever seen the Mini Cooper on sale anywhere before in Canada. Also, the TRU exclusive SW A-Wing is currently on for 20% off, so pretty hard to find a better deal than that.

I get what you are saying, but some sets on a case-by-case basis at 15-20% at TRU may be a good option for some. I don't think I've ever seen the Mini Cooper on sale anywhere before in Canada. Also, the TRU exclusive SW A-Wing is currently on for 20% off, so pretty hard to find a better deal than that.

15% off is really not a deal, would rather wait for double VIP points with good promo sets
  • Like 2

That's my point, you haven't been doing this too long yet and may not have the perspective from selling or trying to sell, that 15% just gets eaten by fees. You need plenty more than 15% for any meat left on the bone. Sure some will appreciate, but others won't.

I got my Mini Cooper from TRU with a full compliment of Bricktober Sets, over a year ago. Sold the Bricktobers for ~$60, that could be viewed as a 50% off Mini.

There are better deals out there, just gotta be patient and vigilant. If you spend all your capital during 15-20% sales, you're going to be kicking yourself hard when TRU does their BOGO 50% on all Clearance in the fall....just one example.

Not saying don't do it, but saying you're probably wasting valuable funding if you do. Not you specifically, but anyone 'new' (18 months or less) on the Canada Board. Purely speaking from experience, not speculation.

:)

38 minutes ago, Zelgazra said:

That's my point, you haven't been doing this too long yet and may not have the perspective from selling or trying to sell, that 15% just gets eaten by fees. You need plenty more than 15% for any meat left on the bone. Sure some will appreciate, but others won't.

I got my Mini Cooper from TRU with a full compliment of Bricktober Sets, over a year ago. Sold the Bricktobers for ~$60, that could be viewed as a 50% off Mini.

There are better deals out there, just gotta be patient and vigilant. If you spend all your capital during 15-20% sales, you're going to be kicking yourself hard when TRU does their BOGO 50% on all Clearance in the fall....just one example.

Not saying don't do it, but saying you're probably wasting valuable funding if you do. Not you specifically, but anyone 'new' (18 months or less) on the Canada Board. Purely speaking from experience, not speculation.

:)

Personally I've been buying and selling Lego for investment (or at least to pay for my collection) since 2012. Not everyone on this site is buying up sets by the dozens. My point about the Mini Cooper was really just to point out that it's on sale, probably for the first time in Canada since the set was released. While 15% certainly isn't a deal to get terribly excited about, it might be enough for someone to add one to their personal collection or to spend some gift cards on (I'm actually sitting on about $600 worth of TRU gift cards).