TRU Canada Sales and Clearance

tacsniper

As tempted as I've been about making this purchase, I have to agree that it's probably a better option to wait. The mini Cooper has actually been included in a few 20% off sales on the tru website so far this year, so though it's a good opportunity to get it on sale, I'm betting there will be better opportunities in the future (fingers crossed!).
They did sell out almost immediately the few times it went 20%... I was pissed I kept missing it! :P

2 hours ago, eliminator said:

Personally I've been buying and selling Lego for investment (or at least to pay for my collection) since 2012. Not everyone on this site is buying up sets by the dozens. My point about the Mini Cooper was really just to point out that it's on sale, probably for the first time in Canada since the set was released. While 15% certainly isn't a deal to get terribly excited about, it might be enough for someone to add one to their personal collection or to spend some gift cards on (I'm actually sitting on about $600 worth of TRU gift cards).

Been on sale at Amazon.ca a few times and at least once for a larger discount.

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, Vodium said:

If I buy them through their website, shipping is $130 for 2 BWE. :( Multiple eBay guest checkouts here I come. lol

Darn, that hurts. Here, shipping 2 BWE to Montreal is so cheap (18 CAD) that it comes out for free (10 shipping discount for each).

Just now, Stragus said:

Darn, that hurts. Here, shipping 2 BWE to Montreal is so cheap (18 CAD) that it comes out for free (10 shipping discount for each).

Yeah, the pains of living in a rural area. But eBay shipping is only $4 so it's not so bad.

3 hours ago, Vodium said:

Also 30% off some of the newer Star Wars sets

Jedi Starfighter With Hyperdrive 75191 $91

The Arrowhead 75186 $77

Rathtar Escape 75180 $70

Tracker I 75185 $63

Jakku Quadjumper 75178 $52

Yellow Submarine 21306 $49

Can't really squeeze out much cash on ebay with these ones. I saw some crazy people selling yellow submarine for 29USD on ebay brand new.

The hyperdrive is the only one which you can really squeeze out $10 worth of profit after shipping and fees.

1 hour ago, Vodium said:

It's back in stock at Costco. Still $229.99 there though. 93 left. Who here returned all theirs because they got the cheaper TRU ones. :money:

Not sure they would take back the dozen I bought half a year or more ago.

Edited by lego rules
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, gregpj said:

@eliminator I know you were just kidding, or at least I hope you were, but we don't condone those kinds of return shenanigans. So please don't go there. Much thanks.

No, certainly not worth pulling those stunts for a few bucks. I'll have no problems making decent profit (to fund my collection) from today's $165 BWE deal. 

I've never bought Technic before for resale, so I'm not too sure what to expect but I got 2. Figure you pretty much HAVE to gain with that much in savings! I was kinda tempted into getting more Beatles and the Caterham, but there have been better deals. I'm TRYING to stay disciplined. I'm very proud of myself xD 

9 hours ago, jimmajenga said:

I've never bought Technic before for resale, so I'm not too sure what to expect but I got 2. Figure you pretty much HAVE to gain with that much in savings! I was kinda tempted into getting more Beatles and the Caterham, but there have been better deals. I'm TRYING to stay disciplined. I'm very proud of myself xD 

IMO, you can make some profit from the Technic line depending on your buy-in. Over the last few years Costco Canada has offered the annual Technic "flagship" set at a good discount (20%+) but sold out quickly...42009, 42030, 42043, etc.

For the BWE, Costco over-estimated (?) demand and this set has been overstocked since it was released last year.

Once Costco finally sells off their remaining 93 BWE and hopefully goes out of stock, the Amazon.ca price should go back to RPP.

From there, hopefully folks with significant BWE stock can start to move them at a good profit (many got them last year for $200 when Costco was reducing stock).

Edit additional thought: I really hope Costco Canada will continue to bring in the annual Technic large set...

Edited by eliminator

3 hours ago, eliminator said:

IMO, you can make some profit from the Technic line depending on your buy-in. Over the last few years Costco Canada has offered the annual Technic "flagship" set at a good discount (20%+) but sold out quickly...42009, 42030, 42043, etc.

For the BWE, Costco over-estimated (?) demand and this set has been overstocked since it was released last year.

Once Costco finally sells off their remaining 93 BWE and hopefully goes out of stock, the Amazon.ca price should go back to RPP.

From there, hopefully folks with significant BWE stock can start to move them at a good profit (many got them last year for $200 when Costco was reducing stock).

Edit additional thought: I really hope Costco Canada will continue to bring in the annual Technic large set...

If you got these the past few days at TRU, you can unload them now for a nice gain on ebay already. Not hard dumping these on ebay for 220USD plus shipping. Cost on each of these from TRU was around 130-140USD. So more than a nice 60USD gain each. No need to wait. The earlier post of the guy buying from Abbotsford, he is 10 minutes from the Sumas border. On his way back, he can also get cheap gas and a few jugs of milk.