TRU Canada Sales and Clearance

tacsniper

4 hours ago, sqlplus said:

A Few more lego are finishing with .98.  Like the dr who set.  I bought 2.  But at checkout, the second one does not become half price.  I get 41.98 times 2 for 83.96$ total.  I did store pick up.  You think I will be able to adjust the price in store?

yes man, online wasnt bogo was .97. in store was .98.  i got mine bogo... return to store to price ajust

3 hours ago, eliminator said:

The Siths price didnt end in "8", so BOGO 50% off did not apply.  IMO, the set is overpriced at $120 MSRP for 662 parts and 4 minifigs.

Even at $72 plus taxes I think I would have a hard time making a good return on these.

go see the supply for this sets.... shhhhh

5 hours ago, eliminator said:

The Siths price didnt end in "8", so BOGO 50% off did not apply.  IMO, the set is overpriced at $120 MSRP for 662 parts and 4 minifigs.

Even at $72 plus taxes I think I would have a hard time making a good return on these.

Oh. You are right, agreed. Somehow I had assumed 40% off would qualify as clearance.

2 minutes ago, Stragus said:

Oh. You are right, agreed. Somehow I had assumed 40% off would qualify as clearance.

yeah the are getting greedy! I've assumed that all 40% sets would have gone bogo. Maybe in the next days, could happen but i am suprised by this year bogo. 

All first wave of nexo knight and TBBT and dr who are now bogo online..   But all the others sets like the two supers heros and 75096 went back to full price.

This might be a strategie to clear off nexo knight becasue they have a HUGE supply of them. BOGO is until the 15 i think. Not sure what to think but I think well see additonal sets adding up

20 minutes ago, dah_hunter said:

So is the BOGO advertised anywhere or you just have to bring it up with the cashier.

One store I went to signs were posted everywhere all over the store. Another store there was no mention anywhere and the cashier needed to ask another worker about the BOGO 50% off deal. I think it depends on where you go.

Disappointed with my local TRU today. The BOGO was only on older Nexo Knights and Big Bang Theory. Picked up a couple of things. Only good thing was they took my $10 off card even though it says it's not applicable to clearance items. I hope the BOGO expands in the next couple of weeks because my store was stocked with a lot of old stuff at regular price. It makes last year's BOGO look amazing,

Thankfully my Canadian Tire is the gift that keeps on giving. Wishing I had gotten some of those $50 cards back in October.

18 minutes ago, flord said:

Disappointed with my local TRU today. The BOGO was only on older Nexo Knights and Big Bang Theory. Picked up a couple of things. Only good thing was they took my $10 off card even though it says it's not applicable to clearance items. I hope the BOGO expands in the next couple of weeks because my store was stocked with a lot of old stuff at regular price. It makes last year's BOGO look amazing,

Thankfully my Canadian Tire is the gift that keeps on giving. Wishing I had gotten some of those $50 cards back in October.

bogo is on first wave nexo knights except big castle. Big bang theory, wall-e and dr who. You can also find US captitol if really lucky at bogo. It might extend to some sets like 42039 that arent listed online anymore. (like the us capitol). But yeah, even the 40% sets returned to full price. Like i've said, with their christmas policies, you have until jan 31 to return items that were bough after 1er october. Or november, but i think it's october. That's pretty crazy. So if you did bough them, just go ajust the price. Why not? They just price match they self. This can be done in everything yyou buy, but in the 15-30 day return period. They will glady refund you, not in little places, but in big store like walmart, best buy canadian tire etc. Been doing this for more than 20 year.

Edited by TargetZero

1 hour ago, Shneebs said:

Thanks! I've been waiting for the Dr Who, etc to go BOGO online... Now it is! Not much stock at my local store.  Ordered 2x 76046, 3x Dr Who and 1x BBT.

I've changed, I went to store and didn't take 76046. Took 1 other dr and one other TBBT.. not sure if i should have taken 76046 but shelves were full off..  There was only 2 of each who and tbbt left so ....   I am very tempted by the disney minifigue.... there is like 400 left in my store... but damn those thing are too much work, nexo has been on sale for almost a week now, and stock havent really changed at all!!!!! poor seller

3 minutes ago, Stragus said:

Wonderful, thanks!

I had already ordered a two digits amount of sets 76046 (40% off seemed good enough)... I suppose they don't do price adjustments for BOGO?

yes they do, i've price matched all my wall-es even if they were out of stock with the bogo. I've been telling and telling people to kept they invoice specialy for this. 

Edited by TargetZero

2 minutes ago, TargetZero said:

yes they do, i've price matched all my wall-es even if they were out of stock with the bogo. I've been telling and telling people to kept they invoice specialy for this. 

Oh? Neat. Does that includes online purchases? I thought this online form might exclude BOGO:

http://www.toysrus.ca/shop/index.jsp?categoryId=83357336

2 minutes ago, Stragus said:

Oh? Neat. Does that includes online purchases? I thought this online form might exclude BOGO:

http://www.toysrus.ca/shop/index.jsp?categoryId=83357336

Has long has you have invoice, and are in return period. No problem. Been doing this since I was a kid on everything in every store that have a return policy.

Sometimes, they are confused and dont know how to. Just tell them it's just like if I returned them, and purchased them at the actual price. Easy money!

Edited by TargetZero
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, KSYC said:

The Lego Disney MF have just gone down to $2.38 and BOGO.   

Nice! I was going to go yesterday to get the entire set. Glad I was too busy, now I can go today and scoop up a complete set of 16 for $28.56 + tax (assuming I don't dupe). This clearance price is on all non-LBM minifigs, it seems like.

28 minutes ago, KatoSwift said:

Nice! I was going to go yesterday to get the entire set. Glad I was too busy, now I can go today and scoop up a complete set of 16 for $28.56 + tax (assuming I don't dupe). This clearance price is on all non-LBM minifigs, it seems like.

Stock might be limited.  I was at one this morning and they only had a few left and looked like it was picked through.