TRU Canada Sales and Clearance

tacsniper

On 12/23/2016 at 0:06 PM, ChristopherJB said:

No worries. Many resellers want the same as you, 40% off this and that near EOL trying to squeeze a buck but it ain't happening. If you really want the IR, just pay that $170 a piece listed on amazon.ca or you'll be paying $270 a piece next month.

I have more than enough IR's, and at decent prices (back when London Drugs  had the Visa checkout discounts on top of %20 off or something). So i'm not buying at markups haha.

"It ain't happening" trust me, it does ;) Maybe not for IR, but I've been doing this long enough to know we can see amazing deals on retiring stuff. Ant-Man Bogo clearance at TRU ring a bell? Or hell even %40 off RR just the other week which is definitely heading for retirement soon...

So sick of misinformation being spread from particular members rampantly.

13 hours ago, ChristopherJB said:

Just go to canadian tire. So much work trying to scan and squeeze out a few bucks. Won't make much of a difference unless you are buying 100 of these.

My local can tire only has 20% off so I don't know what difference it would make to visit again. 

5 hours ago, Sandwraith said:

I have more than enough IR's, and at decent prices (back when London Drugs  had the Visa checkout discounts on top of %20 off or something). So i'm not buying at markups haha.

"It ain't happening" trust me, it does ;) Maybe not for IR, but I've been doing this long enough to know we can see amazing deals on retiring stuff. Ant-Man Bogo clearance at TRU ring a bell? Or hell even %40 off RR just the other week which is definitely heading for retirement soon...

Whatever happened in the past does not have any bearing on future events. Even if the IR goes on sale, how many can you find on the shelves? Maybe your local store might have a dozen, but I've checked 5 TRUs and none of them has it. Actually, maybe one. I saw one lying around in Lansdowne, Richmond B.C. That's about it. Assuming it goes BOGO, what will you do with that one? Pair it up with something you don't want just to get half off?

6 hours ago, Sandwraith said:

Yep, who knows if next week lego wont be bogo.  I have the feeling will see bogo on remaining sets the january 2nd. One shall kept receipt if they do so. 

I do think JW are good sets to hold a bit. Not much sellers on bricklink....  there is two 75915 and 1 75918 at 20% off at CT...    still not decided if I get them or not. With 15% taxes here minus selling fees.... might have to hold for a long time..  20% is for achitecture and some other sets... but regular sets at 20%.... not sure. even for JW.... And it's the first year canadian tire putted ALL the lego in clearance mode... we might see price drop again. I basiclyy went there for some technic sets I wanted because they were disapearing very quick. 

Edited by TargetZero
  • Like 1

I stopped in at TRU today. This may just be my store, but no BOGO signs, no prices ending in 8, and I even scanned a couple of old things to make sure. I'm starting to think it was Jan 2nd last year when the BOGO was on. Was surprised to see not a thing from the Lego Batman Movie. I was at Mastermind earlier today and they had almost everything out on shelves.

hmmm disney minifig are 2.98.... but don't work bogo for now and the serie 16, 70316 and other little nexo.   it's starting boys get ready not sur for nexo knights... those thing are everywhere and didn't sell well. even at 2 for 65$... about 40$ each with taxes... will i sell them 80$? not soon i think, well if you want them go in store now the bogo will work. but not much set for now

i do remember last year that pattern.. when i first saw kits a .98... didn't work until 24h online for the bogo.. went to store.. nothing was advertise... I am pretty sure that i wiped the store the 2nd jan.  

All the 75096 remianing at my store have been wiped-out.. had hope on this one.. it was THE one i wanted more after wall-e.

Still have a few TBBT and DrWho.. might give them a try if they go bogo.(2 of each or maybe 4 of each well see i don't have the feeling on them) but at 30ish... hard to stay away.   

I think all the .97 sets will become .98.

Hope you kept your invoice!!

Lets see!!!

Show all,, search .98 lol

Edited by TargetZero

1 hour ago, Patlac said:

So you're saying this will expand to most earlier releases? As getting all old stuff off the shelves for the new 2017 releases?

no. it will expant to thing that didn't sold such has nexo night bing bang theory and stuff that are currently near 40% off

oh oh oh they are currently working on legos. you cant acces them searching them by brand.. some theme are still searchable but.. it is the time i think to F5

after searching themes... i think they are currently working on nexo knights...

Edited by TargetZero

17 hours ago, flord said:

I stopped in at TRU today. This may just be my store, but no BOGO signs, no prices ending in 8, and I even scanned a couple of old things to make sure. I'm starting to think it was Jan 2nd last year when the BOGO was on. Was surprised to see not a thing from the Lego Batman Movie. I was at Mastermind earlier today and they had almost everything out on shelves.

Grab a minion or a halo set and do it again.

Minifigures were 2.98 + buy one get one 50% off. Best deal you can find. Also was able to get the buy 3 get one free on Disney ones to stack so under $2 per pack after tax. Limit was 16 though :(. Not sure they will allow the stacking again as they said that shouldn't be allowed but gave it to me anyways.

18 minutes ago, Zender said:

Minifigures were 2.98 + buy one get one 50% off. Best deal you can find. Also was able to get the buy 3 get one free on Disney ones to stack so under $2 per pack after tax. Limit was 16 though :(. Not sure they will allow the stacking again as they said that shouldn't be allowed but gave it to me anyways.

yeah i could have bough 180+packs of those... I went there to get sealed box.  They opened the two last like an hour BEFORE i arrive. So i didn't buy... for me a non sealed case is too much trouble   but eh... one was only missing 1 bag.. but I passed. I went to clear the JW remaining at CT instead. PAssed on nexo too.. too many of them terrible seller IMO.   But at 135$+tx for a sealed box for the disney minifig. i would have bough them all. But eh.. don't want to sell open minifigues to identify, or mistake myself identifying them if sell sealed. 

Edited by TargetZero

20 minutes ago, Zender said:

well didn't see any packs under 2$ for disney.. 3.99 buy 3 get 1 free.. now there are 2.98 bogo

10 minutes ago, TargetZero said:

well didn't see any packs under 2$ for disney.. 3.99 buy 3 get 1 free.. now there are 2.98 bogo

2.98 bogo50 = ~9+tax for 4 but then they would credit after for 2.98 to get me one for free.  Got 16 for 33.38 after tax so a bit more than $2 after tax... I guess under 2 before tax :)  Looking at my receipt the math is really confusing... 2.49/packx3+0/pack for 1.  Then at end had 4 credits of 1.49.  Weird.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Zender said:

2.98 bogo50 = ~9+tax for 4 but then they would credit after for 2.98 to get me one for free.  Got 16 for 33.38 after tax so a bit more than $2 after tax... I guess under 2 before tax :)  Looking at my receipt the math is really confusing... 2.49/packx3+0/pack for 1.  Then at end had 4 credits of 1.49.  Weird.

was this today? or you price matched for ''keeping'' one free? that might have changed my mind on opened box!

Edited by TargetZero