10188 - UCS: Death Star

duckyruiz

You may fire when ready.  

776 members have voted

1. 1. How many sealed Death Stars do you own?

• 1 - 2
    • 3 - 4
    • 5 - 9
    • 10 - 15
    • 16 - 20
    • 21 - 25
    • 26 - 50+
  2. 2. Do you believe the set will make a great investment?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe
  3. 3. Will it ever retire?

• Sure, soon as I fire my Photon Torpedo.
    • Nope, I'll be dead before that happens.
    • Perhaps, when Hell freezes over.

and sold out :cheese:, lets see if they get a restock

Has been consequently been pulled from Belgian retailers too.

All the EOL signs are there.  The problem is, they were there last year too.  DS, TB, and perhaps T1 are clearly 'different' in the minds of Lego planners.

DS never disapeared from collishop last year.

Buy it and built it. Epic lego set and i am afraid you cant get it cheaper

Bought mine for 316 and 298 so it can get cheaper. But the chances are slimming so probably best to buy 1 if one has none. I say this assuming DS is on its final trip. If it would be around for another year, I'm sure it can be found cheaper again.

Bought mine for 316 and 298 so it can get cheaper. But the chances are slimming so probably best to buy 1 if one has none. I say this assuming DS is on its final trip. If it would be around for another year, I'm sure it can be found cheaper again.

It will def be very interesting to see what happens with 10188 when it finally goes "poof" for good.

I think we'll see some sort of "POP" initially by many resellers buying them on eBay who missed the boat. Throw in some Star Wars / Lego fans who missed the boat and want one.

Then it will get very, very interesting starting 9-10 months after officially being sold-out everywhere. There will still be some normal AFOL demand to keep it going but for how long? E.g. The Zombies's awesome growth lasted 25 months after being sold-out everywhere until it peaked and now growth has been flat.

I am sure steady growth it will be longer because it's Star Wars. "Star Wars is forever". :)

• Like 1

ToysR'us is not known for their best shipping -_- I am not going to buy there anymore

Buying via TRU is a gamble. Sometimes the items arrive well packed, with lots of filling material in their shipping boxes and the Lego boxes are in fine condition, sometimes there is lots of space in it and the Lego boxes look pretty beaten up.

• Like 1

Buying via TRU is a gamble. Sometimes the items arrive well packed, with lots of filling material in their shipping boxes and the Lego boxes are in fine condition, sometimes there is lots of space in it and the Lego boxes look pretty beaten up.

Yes I have seen. Bought 2 exact the same things. One was packed good, the other not.