10188 - UCS: Death Star

duckyruiz

You may fire when ready.  

776 members have voted

1. 1. How many sealed Death Stars do you own?

• 1 - 2
    • 3 - 4
    • 5 - 9
    • 10 - 15
    • 16 - 20
    • 21 - 25
    • 26 - 50+
  2. 2. Do you believe the set will make a great investment?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe
  3. 3. Will it ever retire?

• Sure, soon as I fire my Photon Torpedo.
    • Nope, I'll be dead before that happens.
    • Perhaps, when Hell freezes over.

If you go with uline for the DS, I would suggest one of their super-duper heavy duty boxes (they have a special category for those).  I'm planning to hand deliver mine.  2016 (or whenever) is going to be one long DS drop off road trip.

Exactly. Solid advice. The double strength postage boxes are ideal for heavy sets like this and pretty much expensive sets in general.

• Like 1

Exactly. Solid advice. The double strength postage boxes are ideal for heavy sets like this and pretty much expensive sets in general.

Yup, any order that hits $400+ or so we switch to double wall

24x24x6 for TH types sets

24x24x12 covers SSD, DS, or if its 2-3 modulars etc.

Double the cost of regular boxes but you don't have to worry about the box getting crushed as much as with a regular 200lb strength

Thanks for the shipping box advice.  Going to go with the double walled ones.  By the way, about the DS, I will say this.  As I am new to collecting/investing in Legos, I've bounced the idea of investing in them to quite a few people.  Most have told me that it's not something that they would or could do at the moment, but if they did, they would buy up death stars.  The logic seems to be that although having a ton of AT-ATs or a fleet of X-Wings would be cool, the death star was in most of the movies and is the one set that a die-hard lego star wars fan wouldn't want to live without.

Edited by snot

Now we just need Amazon to get PC and PS back in stock for more than a flash so that Target will come back down to earth on those as well...

Darth Vader music played in my head as I read your response.

As I read this on my phone, my youngest boy was actually humming the Imperial March behind me. (Playing with the Lego Star Destroyer 75055, of course).

Got my first (and only) DS yesterday in the mail from LEGO Shop at Home. Can't wait for that rainy day to come when I can tear it open...

• Like 1