Find of the day in Canada

gravtation

6 minutes ago, tacsniper said:

I don't know what to think of this. All the steep discount of starter packs and now Lego themselves blowing these. Either they are selling really poorly or they made way too much.

Is it worth it to get them for the minifigs? Mainly Cybermen, Doc Brown, and LOTR? Parts cover a lot of the cost. Decisions, decisions, Just got 35 of each of the batman and ironman magnets for $2 ea last week.  :/

20 minutes ago, Vodium said:

Is it worth it to get them for the minifigs? Mainly Cybermen, Doc Brown, and LOTR? Parts cover a lot of the cost. Decisions, decisions, Just got 35 of each of the batman and ironman magnets for $2 ea last week.  :/

That's a darn good question... I'll be getting a few, 20 or so?

Some minifigs are rare and should add some variety to the BrickOwl/BrickLink store, but I don't expect great returns.

The starter packs don't really contribute to the game I think (you need level up packs for that) so maybe ppl aren't buying them.

The next round of packs are coming out soon... Lego is just clearing old stock to make room for new. This happens with all video games... Early adopters pay full price, late bloomers get a discount as the company moves on to the next set of figures or game. :)

You all need to go read the Lego dimensions thread. ;)

• Like 1

Was debating making a new thread, but thought most Canadians would probably read this anyway. Real Canadian Superstore (if you have them near you) has quite a few sets on 'Blowout' which was 25-30% off. The kicker is this is a no-tax day on all non-grocery items, so us folks from Ontario save the 13% tax. That makes a so-so discount one worth noticing. Best deal for me was the Arctic Helicrane for 34.99 (all in) as it is already retired. Changing Seasons (cool set) Deep Sea Helicopter, Training Jet, Pop Star Studio and a couple others were also on sale. 

I also stopped in to a local independent toy store and nabbed another Lonely Mountain, which they had placed about twenty feet up on a shelf looking very, um, lonely. They had 20% off some other retired sets so I bought a few. Always pays to pop into the mom n pops every once in awhile.

I plan to hit the other RCSS in Windsor to see if they have anything else on sale. I'm sure each store varies in what they have left/what is on sale, but the tax free day makes it worth it. Definitely Saturday only, so get thee to a Superstore. Even if you aren't interested in these for investment, pretty solid all in price for sets to build or give as gifts.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, banshee3 said:

I picked up changing seasons this morning but it was not on sale. (personal build anyway) But I did save the taxes. They had FO snowspeeder and friends jungle rescue on sale and a couple small friends popstar sets discounted but that's about it.

I saw a tag for Special Forces Tie for $59.99 at a different Superstore...but all gone. Cleaned out Changing Seasons at the other location. Happy at $44.99 with no tax.

• Like 1