Find of the day in Canada

gravtation

Sears Canada's website is amazing! (sarcasm)

I placed a few orders of 2x 42039, with the $50 off $200 code. Each time, the final order confirmation page, after payment, tells me that my order has been placed, for a total of $236.88, but also somehow that the item is out of stock. I then receive a bunch of order confirmation emails with a total of $0.00.

Are we supposed to place actual orders that turn out empty to figure out if something is out of stock? Argh...

Not sure this is "find of the day" quality, but this seemed the most appropriate thread since it's a one off deal I came across that I thought was too awesome not to share.

Found a guy on CL with a used 100% displayed only (what else are you going to do with it I guess..) Tower Bridge. These suckers are in the expensive tier of sets, and I've only got 1 for down the road.... I'd love to build it, but can't justify shelling out another $335 for the experience. He had it listed up as $250 or Trade for similar value set.

His request list was Ferris Wheel, Kwik E Mart, or Brick Bank. I have none of these in my investment collection as of yet, so I proposed the idea that I just go buy one from the Lego store on my VIP card, earn the points then trade the set. He agreed that this would probably work out best for both of us. Then I pushed my luck, and asked if he was in a rush to make the deal... I asked if we could wait until March Double VIP. He said sure. Super stoked! 

12 minutes ago, Zelgazra said:

Not sure this is "find of the day" quality, but this seemed the most appropriate thread since it's a one off deal I came across that I thought was too awesome not to share.

Found a guy on CL with a used 100% displayed only (what else are you going to do with it I guess..) Tower Bridge. These suckers are in the expensive tier of sets, and I've only got 1 for down the road.... I'd love to build it, but can't justify shelling out another $335 for the experience. He had it listed up as $250 or Trade for similar value set.

His request list was Ferris Wheel, Kwik E Mart, or Brick Bank. I have none of these in my investment collection as of yet, so I proposed the idea that I just go buy one from the Lego store on my VIP card, earn the points then trade the set. He agreed that this would probably work out best for both of us. Then I pushed my luck, and asked if he was in a rush to make the deal... I asked if we could wait until March Double VIP. He said sure. Super stoked! 

I guess if you want it badly, it is a decent price.  I have seen these pop up for under $200 more than once.  I personally got mine for $150 or $175 awhile back.

For $240 you can save your VIP points and buy it in the US for that price.

I'm pretty sure the cost of getting to a Lego Store in the states would outweigh the difference for me unfortunately. If I watched CL like a hawk I might catch a better deal, yes. But I feel like it's still a good one as I'll earn close to 500 VIP points that I wouldn't otherwise.

Plus TB has got to retire soon right? Right?! So the used copy I get to build should appreciate in hopefully not to long a term as well. It's interesting, the guy seems savvy on all this investment/retirement strategy, it's strange he wouldn't hold it until post retirement himself, but maybe he's more a builder than invester and just really wants a new set but is strapped for cash.  

1 hour ago, gravtation said:

Need the upc or code used at J-Coutu to identified these if any are left at other store! thanks

They are:

41500: 673419207010

41501: 673419207027

41502: 673419207034

41503: 673419207041

41504: 673419209854

41505: 673419209861

41506: 673419209878

41507: 673419209885

41508: 673419209892

Good luck!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well good old Canadian super store helped me out again. Found 60093 Deep sea Heli for $29.94 got 2, 60034 Artic heli for $24.94 got one (I swear im not trying to buy just helicopters..)  and 60033 artic ice crawler for $8.94 got 5. quick tip some of them showed regular prices on there tags but when scanned came up sale price. Soo 50% off no bad... To bad i cant get the star wars stuff for 50% off. guess i need to be a bit quicker in finding them ;P

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Substored said:

Well good old Canadian super store helped me out again. Found 60093 Deep sea Heli for $29.94 got 2, 60034 Artic heli for $24.94 got one (I swear im not trying to buy just helicopters..)  and 60033 artic ice crawler for $8.94 got 5. quick tip some of them showed regular prices on there tags but when scanned came up sale price. Soo 50% off no bad... To bad i cant get the star wars stuff for 50% off. guess i need to be a bit quicker in finding them ;P

Some of the locations I scouted showed zero sales tags but I didn't bother scanning anything...

anyone have any thoughts on value for: 

Set # 105 Canada Post Van

I have stumbled across some at a local Thrift Store silent auction. 

6 seal in Box. 

Re-sale all i can find is this EbAy sold item

Trying to decide if i should bid again. (Its already up to $200) 

Bid before the auction ends. Are you 100% sure all 6 boxes are sealed and contain the product?

It is a good buy at $200, but you can expect it to sit a long time.

6 seal in Box. 

Bid before the auction ends. Are you 100% sure all 6 boxes are sealed and contain the product?

It is a good buy at $200, but you can expect it to sit a long time.

10 hours ago, dah_hunter said:

6 seal in Box. 

I've sold 16x  Canada Post #105 sealed (BL#105-1) 5>6 years ago at $150-$175 each, also sold a dozen minty instructions for about $40 each and the logo bricks for $12-$15 each as well - it's one of my favourite little sets.  

Unfortunately, once that fellow in Montreal started printing the bricks himself the value tanked and even mint parts direct from Samsonite suddenly became hard to move. 

I haven't seen a nisb set irl in quite awhile now so there's definitely an opportunity there, especially if the original packing box with the CP logo & pos destination on it is included (I thought they were 8-packs but might have been 6 indeed)  you shouldn't loose on an investment of $50 per set anyway...  best of luck, that set is one Canadians are always looking for! and evaporate instantly at trade shows & cons.