75098 - UCS: Assault on Hoth

bricketycricket

I am placing the over/under at 6 (of the 28 invited) people that will buy the UCS AOH tomorrow at the VIP 1hr pre-sale (based on all the negative talk)

I will say over, I would think 7 people will buy it out of the 28, so that's betting 25% of the people will buy it at my location...

(although I will not be one of them)

Edited by Deanfjr

12 minutes ago, Deanfjr said:

I am placing the over/under at 6 (of the 28 invited) people that will buy the UCS AOH tomorrow at the VIP 1hr pre-sale (based on all the negative talk)

I will say over, I would think 7 people will buy it out of the 28, so that's betting 25% of the people will buy it at my location...

(although I will not be one of them)

I'd be interested in hearing from those who go to the VIP pre-shopping hour how many of the 28 actually buy this set.

8 minutes ago, jonnyhanukkah said:

Yeah I'm 99% sure I'm gonna get a Sandcrawler instead at this point. Don't really have a back up if the Sandcrawler is out of stock though

That was my plan too, but.....I called my store today to check stock and they don't even have the SC

Audible: Omaha! Omaha! set hut1 hut2.... hike

maxresdefault.jpg

Edited by Deanfjr

13 hours ago, cubfan78 said:

Insert foot in mouth! I may have to retract my previous statement or modify it! I really don't like that you can't put the minifigure in the Tie-Fighter!

Um I'm pretty sure you can.  The cockpit is huge (8-10 bricks tall) and you can even get minifigures in the small first order one . Can't check because I'm out of the country for the weekend but if no one else comments I'll check on Monday.

2 hours ago, JimboJet said:

It was a movie but they didn't specify, probably Attack of the Clones. :derisive:

I think this is, what, the second 1-star review we've ever done, and the other one was a movie.

I found it - it was Batman vs Superman - a review from a month ago.

I liked the AoH when I got to see it in person. The scale is decent and while many of us "semi pro" builders can make alot of the detail that comes with it (generators and such), its pretty cool that the iconic items all come together. As someone that owns nearly all the Hoth sets already, I picked this one up to add to the collection. Lego probably could have done all these seperate (Hoth set, Wampa, etc) and increased detail, but in person it looks good and I picked it up.

• Like 3

Well then I'm not putting any stock into their reviews. Those ships don't deserve a 1 out of 5.

At the VIP event this morning in Annapolis saw at least 7 people buy AOH.

I saw about the same in San Diego.

22 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

Well then I'm not putting any stock into their reviews. Those ships don't deserve a 1 out of 5.

I think the take away here is that investment potential and set quality are not necessarily aligned. Also keep in mind that the reviewers are very often not the average customer.

Edited by Pomodoro

4 hours ago, micbelt said:

At the VIP event this morning in Annapolis saw at least 7 people buy AOH.

I bought one and other stuff too

like the set

be careful saying you saw seven people buy it

tha goes against the official stance lol

though it is funny from comments the over riding theme is well it is awful, well it is bigger than I thought, and well I will buy it when it goes on sale

if it is that awful why ever buy it

i like mine :)

• Like 3

Reading between the lines here I think jang might be planning to combine this set and echo base.  He just did a review on echo base a few days ago indicating he just purchased. He also got assault on hoth obviously to review. After a regular review on AoH. I bet he combines them and makes a bad ass base.  We will see but if he does I'm excited to see what he can do and I imagine will drive up echo base prices. 

if it is that awful why ever buy it

i like mine

I have an answer for this - the completists will want it.

This morning at the VIP event by buddy was there. He has almost every single SW set. He's not impressed with it. The way he wants to display it means you'll be able to see the back of the blast doors. He disappointed by the way it looks. And that the Snow Speeder doesn't fit through the doors.

But he bought it anyway. He needed something to get to $150 for the slug, and he stays complete. So a bit of regret but he's living with it.

Just now, micbelt said:

I bought it because I missed out on the hoth sets during my dark ages. Price point could be better but I don't really get the hate.

i agree about the hate if you don't own the original sets.  it's due to a combo of the set's high price point, 75% of the set is equal to or not as good as the originals and being part of the UCS theme.

• Like 1