75098 - UCS: Assault on Hoth

bricketycricket

1 minute ago, lego rules said:

No point reading more than this if you are on the fence to get this set.   It is too bad my AT-AT's stand alone for now.  I would likely buy this for 50% off but would need to modify it in many areas.

As images speak louder than words, this image sums it all up. No - this is not a build step, this is the finished product. I understand why @emazers was turned off by this set when he saw it being built at the LEGO store.

26090170344_1bfb58949d.jpg

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, inversion said:

UCS can not be considered as a series in such a strict sense since they are not compatible with each other.

I dunno,  the UCS X-wing and 10175 Vader's Tie Advanced look pretty good together.

Maybe that's my problem with AoH...it doesn't fit in with the UCS ships.  It's a small scale play set that would work with the 9493 X-wing, but it is soooo out-of-scale compared to 10240 Red 5 that it just doesn't work.

8 minutes ago, Phil B said:

As images speak louder than words, this image sums it all up. No - this is not a build step, this is the finished product. I understand why @emazers was turned off by this set when he saw it being built at the LEGO store.

That's garbage for a UCS set, too bad b/c had they just done a few more little things to shore this up, make it more accurate and prop up that pc count it could have been a banger. 

4 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

Hey now, those Taun tauns are important.  You never know when you would need a shelter from a harsh Hoth snowstorm

Last I checked the Tauntaun maxifig was one solid piece and did not split open along the belly .....

4 hours ago, fossilrock said:

Ewok Village is one of the best Star Wars set for young kids.  There's lots of play features in it, and it's loaded with minifigures. You can't go wrong.  Especially for kids in the 4 to 10 range.  When my sons friends or his cousins are over, the Ewok Village and the Hobbit House are the two sets that they always seem to gravitate towards.  I'm biased as a star wars fan, but I think it's worth the money. 

The only set on the market that I would say is in the realm of the UCS MF is the Tie-Fighter, and Slave 1.

Cool thanks for your input!

I was watching some reviews on the Slave 1 and Tie-Fighter last night. They both look pretty cool and may need to give them a second look. I might only be able to pick one up and if I do it will probably be the Slave 1. Primarily because it is actually to minifigure scale and the TF is not, which might be a deal breaker for me. If I am going to display a Lego UCS I want it to be to scale. my OCD could not handle having a mixed bag of Star Wars UCS on display, some to scale some not to scale. 

5 minutes ago, cubfan78 said:

I was watching some reviews on the Slave 1 and Tie-Fighter last night. They both look pretty cool and may need to give them a second look. I might only be able to pick one up and if I do it will probably be the Slave 1. Primarily because it is actually to minifigure scale and the TF is not, which might be a deal breaker for me. If I am going to display a Lego UCS I want it to be to scale. my OCD could not handle having a mixed bag of Star Wars UCS on display, some to scale some not to scale. 

Most of the UCS sets are not minifigure scale. 

In fact, almost all the UCS sets are on different scales.

You're going to need to make peace with that or move to ERTL scale models :) 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, mudcatsfan said:

Most of the UCS sets are not minifigure scale. 

In fact, almost all the UCS sets are on different scales.

You're going to need to make peace with that or move to ERTL scale models :) 

Bummer! Might just have to limit myself to buying UCS sets that either have playability features that I like or are to minifigure scale, at least from the SW line! 

13 minutes ago, cubfan78 said:

You'd better give raskolnikov a call and ask for building instructions ....

lego-tyrant.jpg

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Pomodoro said:

A true minifig scale ISD would be 7m (23 feet) long, so at least 3-4 times  Raskolnikov's ISD.

4 minutes ago, mudcatsfan said:

wow, that's gorgeous. And of course about 50x too small for minifig scale :)

At least it has detailed minifig interiors ...

lego-tyrant-7.jpg