75098 - UCS: Assault on Hoth

bricketycricket

29 minutes ago, jstodda said:

I DO think the name is misleading. I could see "Adventures on Hoth" or "Hoth Base Adventures", I think Assault infers the attack we all remember from the movie.

How about "Hoth Defense". Doesn't imply an attack is happening :)

• Like 1

The thing I don't like about that is they probably haven't even bought the set. Or have they really paid £220 just so they could be righteously indignant. 

The set annoys me, but for that reason i haven't bought it and therefore wouldn't leave a review. 

There were scathing attacks on there before it was even released that were later removed.

Re: an appropriate name for the set how about "Couldn't be Hoth-ered"

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fenix_2k1 said:

The thing I don't like about that is they probably haven't even bought the set. Or have they really paid £220 just so they could be righteously indignant. 

The set annoys me, but for that reason i haven't bought it and therefore wouldn't leave a review. 

There were scathing attacks on there before it was even released that were later removed.

Re: an appropriate name for the set how about "Couldn't be Hoth-ered"

Or hell Hoth no fury like an AFOL scorned.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, TugaBricks said:

Remove UCS seal from the box and about a 100 from the price and you could get a totally different reaction...

I have been trying to imagine all the people at Lego surfing the web and all the forums and youtube reviews...

I think the reaction might have been a bit different if this set was not pushed back and the AT-AT was still available. I am guessing TLG is in scramble mode to print more 75054 or get a new AT-AT set announced.

• Like 2

On ‎5‎/‎3‎/‎2016 at 0:20 PM, Deanfjr said:

This is our budget: Assault on Hoth since I didn't feel like dropping the $249.99 

Cost: 48.96 so I scooped up a keychain to get over $50 to get the $10 in VIP points & promos, that I sold.

End cost less than $20.00

All this needs is a white table cloth.

• Like 1

On ‎5‎/‎3‎/‎2016 at 0:20 PM, Deanfjr said:
This is our budget: Assault on Hoth since I didn't feel like dropping the $249.99 

Cost: 48.96 so I scooped up a keychain to get over $50 to get the $10 in VIP points & promos, that I sold.

End cost less than $20.00

The terrain looks like Saleucami.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, c_rpg said:

Jang has a video up about the bad feedback this set has received. Good summary of some of the points people have made about this set.

"As an Ultimate Collectors Edition set it just should never have as existed" About sums it up.

11 minutes ago, Migration said:

"As an Ultimate Collectors Edition set it just should never have as existed" About sums it up.

That is exactly the case. The set itself is good. What is not good is the price and UCS label and these are what people hate. For a UCS it sucks hard. For a regular set it is excellent. 

• Like 2

On ‎5‎/‎5‎/‎2016 at 9:09 AM, c_rpg said:

Jang has a video up about the bad feedback this set has received. Good summary of some of the points people have made about this set.

I just want to say: I have nothing but respect for Jang. My ten-year-old watches his videos all the time, and Jang keeps it classy. 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, biking_tiger said:

I just want to say: I have nothing but respect for Jang. My ten-year-old watches his videos all the time, and Jang keeps it classy. 

I'll second that.  I actually thought his video on AoH would be some false attempt to dismiss all the criticism to keep him in with TLG.  I was totally proved wrong and ashamed at myself for thinking that.  Top guy and I hope that vid makes its way to the TLG bods (well worth a watch IMO if you're on the shelf about buying it). 

Summarizes my thoughts exactly. UCS tag was a big mistake. Name of set was another gaff.  I was actually going to shell out on eBay for just the Ion cannon but seeing how unfinished it looks form the back now thinking about MOC'ing my own.  

Still think this is a great play set for kids . if there weren't any previous Hoth sets this would probably have done a lot better too.  But when you think they could have gone UCS AT-AT or snow speeder... I've got my fingers crossed we will still see some epic vehicles made soon though!

• Like 1