75098 - UCS: Assault on Hoth

bricketycricket

My kids saw it in the little LEGO mailer and they like it too... then again, they always want me to buy them that garbage from the toy vending machines so I take their opinion on quality with a grain of salt.

_Maybe_ if it goes on a great sale it would be worth picking up.

• Like 7

48 minutes ago, gregpj said:

My kids saw it in the little LEGO mailer and they like it too... then again, they always want me to buy them that garbage from the toy vending machines so I take their opinion on quality with a grain of salt.

_Maybe_ if it goes on a great sale it would be worth picking up.

i think that's how they try to get you to buy it, don't give in!

• 4 weeks later...

I'm in two minds about this set, is it a playset posing as a UCS set? i.e ewok village.

The minifig collector in me is looking forward to the exclusives, i.e Toryn Farr

But at $499.00 that's a huge price point!

I can't justify the purchase.

Will wait till it's discounted or just get the minigfigs indiviually of ebay in due course.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, jonnyhanukkah said:

I have an embarrassing confession to make... I found it in a store for $200 and ended up buying it... 

I never got any of the previous Hoth sets so this was my only way of getting the Snowspeeder/Wampa/Tauntauns... 

I feel like such a disappointment...  

forget the haters, I said the same thing awhile back, that it is great for people that missed the older Hoth sets, (we did) so it is on our buy list just not soon, probably Christmas for the boy, (actually when I win our league, I will buy it for my $50 entry hahahahah) seriously I might have grabbed it for 200

Edited by Deanfjr

forget the haters, I said the same thing awhile back, that it is great for people that missed the older Hoth sets, (we did) so it is on our buy list just not soon, probably Christmas for the boy, (actually when I win our league, I will buy it for my $50 entry hahahahah) seriously I might have grabbed it for 200

Haha I won money in 2 leagues last season so that led to me getting the Slave 1 and Ewok Village

We should probably start a separate support group thread for maligned sets that people still buy regardless of outcry. We'd get a lot of mileage out of the new Death Star I'm sure
  • Like 1

Haha I won money in 2 leagues last season so that led to me getting the Slave 1 and Ewok Village

We should probably start a separate support group thread for maligned sets that people still buy regardless of outcry. We'd get a lot of mileage out of the new Death Star I'm sure

I will be buying the cheapest Death Star I can find (new or old) and waiting for a cheap AoH for myself as well. I have no Tauntauns or Wampas in my collection...yet. Sure it sucks if you own all the old sets. I don't.

3 hours ago, jonnyhanukkah said:

I have an embarrassing confession to make... I found it in a store for $200 and ended up buying it... 

I never got any of the previous Hoth sets so this was my only way of getting the Snowspeeder/Wampa/Tauntauns... 

I feel like such a disappointment...  

I would have no problem buying at $200.  It's just not a UCS, that's all.  If it shows up in my local TRU I'll defintely do some coupon magic to get the price down.  They have the UCS Tie right now but at an inflated price.

I spotted one in the wild yesterday at my local TRU. I went to use up some soon to be expired rewards coupons and saw it on the top shelf all by itself. No price tag, and I didn't scan it because I have no intention of buying this set ,EVER. It had some spider wrap on it and one seal looked a little loose. I'm assuming it was an online return. If anyone's interested it's probably still there. West Mason St. store in Green Bay. I ended up leaving with another Deep Sea Operations base at 42% off.

image.jpeg

Edited by terrymc4677
  • Like 1