75098 - UCS: Assault on Hoth

bricketycricket

10 hours ago, Mos_Eisley said:

Not sure if it matters to anyone, but it has hit the shelves of LEGOLAND. Same size box as TIE Fighter.

Well the box and font looks nice. If only there were not so many Hoth based sets prior making this basically appear like an "all-in-one" compilation pack. Maybe if LEGO had not stamped the Ultimate Collector's Series badge on there, this would be better received overall.

• Like 1

I remember first hearing about this and being super pumped up because I own exactly 0 hoth related sets.  My mind was running wild with what it could be.  I was excited by the price point, because I was going off of what I had been seeing the last few UCS sets.  But then, I saw the pictures, and all hope was deflated.  I won't buy this, unless there is a significant discount, and that's still a big maybe.  There's just so many more ways to make this such an epic set, and they completely dropped the ball.  I'm really hoping the UCS snowspeeder is true, because I would buy that the second the store opened to get one.

Yeah I'd like to get this some day for my collection... most excited to get a Wampa and Tauntaun.  Snowspeeder is nice too.  Hopefully I will have the fortitude to wait for a sale of some kind and get it around $200 or less.  We'll see how good salespeople they are when I go to the May the 4th event :)

Yeah I'd like to get this some day for my collection... most excited to get a Wampa and Tauntaun.  Snowspeeder is nice too.  Hopefully I will have the fortitude to wait for a sale of some kind and get it around $200 or less.  We'll see how good salespeople they are when I go to the May the 4th event

Well double points. Exclusive mini (despite not being anything special will catch some sort of money) and that freebie if you spend 150+ are already on eBay for 300 dollars. So my thought process is use my 50 dollars in points makes it 200 and sell the other stuff. Maybe make it free or close enough to a point I am fine "spending 250 dollars"

48 minutes ago, tacsniper said:

All I care is will it drive up demand for AT-AT from end users after this set is released ;)

already has.   don't forget a side of extra snowspeeder...  at-at's will be cracking $299 by December and no there won't be a remake this year.

Edited by cladner

42 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

So I don't have to worry about getting one for me at the end, and to play, of course.

I'll work up a discount with points/rewards or something.

I'm like you. I buy any sets that are for my personal collection on the front end so I know I won't be caught short ( I made that mistake as a noob in 2014 with the Haunted House and Town Hall and ended up spending probably an extra $90 over RRP to buy the pair on eBay). Once I've purchased what I want for my own use, then I start picking up things for reselling purposes. Sure it screws with the theoretical CAGR, but I'm not likely to sell my personal copies anyway.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Deadfraggle said:

I'm like you. I buy any sets that are for my personal collection on the front end so I know I won't be caught short ( I made that mistake as a noob in 2014 with the Haunted House and Town Hall and ended up spending probably an extra $90 over RRP to buy the pair on eBay). Once I've purchased what I want for my own use, then I start picking up things for reselling purposes. Sure it screws with the theoretical CAGR, but I'm not likely to sell my personal copies anyway.

It also provides the opportunity to pick one up opened/used/discounted later and you can sell the nice minty one if it happens to still be sealed.

• Like 1

Have you seen the comment on brickset mentioning that the instructions mention being able to buy a Lego At-At to go with it.  I think this set was severely delayed and they have really shot themselves in the foot.

Or there is a new AT AT coming out that we just don't know about yet!? Here's hoping!? I'm all out of the 75054!!

1 hour ago, Fenix_2k1 said:

Have you seen the comment on brickset mentioning that the instructions mention being able to buy a Lego At-At to go with it.  I think this set was severely delayed and they have really shot themselves in the foot.

I've said it before and i will say it again.  For those that think a new At-At isn't coming out soon you are crazy.  Do you think they printed 100,000 instructions for this set 2 years ago and have been storing them in a warehouse waiting for set production??? 

Plus At-At are prominent in rouge one amd star wars battlefront.  A At-At will be out by fall or the latest January 17

Edited by CoastaLego
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, CoastaLego said:

I've said it before and i will say it again.  For those that think a new At-At isn't coming out soon you are crazy.  Do you think they printed 100,000 instructions for this set 2 years ago and have been storing them in a warehouse waiting for set production??? 

Plus At-At are prominent in rouge one amd star wars battlefront.  A At-At will be out by fall or the latest January 17

Where did i say theres no At-at coming out? You're putting words in my mouth and then getting on your soap box about it.

Yes there will be a new at-at, it will be based on rogue one.  It will probably come out next January hence why they dc'd the old one so there was at least a years gap.  However, the fact is they have mentioned one being available to complement the set in the instructions of AoH, the new one won't complement it, as it's a different At-At to the Hoth one.  So they must have been talking about 75054 which has already retired. Hence me saying it looks like the release of this set has been delayed and was probably due to come out last year and they've shot themselves in the foot by delaying it because you can't buy a Hoth At-At from Lego anymore. 

• Like 5