75098 - UCS: Assault on Hoth

bricketycricket

Not sure if this has been hypothesized already but it wouldn't surprise me if once this is released we started getting a few more smaller Hoth sets (similar to Hoth Attack size) every 6 months to tack onto this.   A medical bay here, a snow-trooper division there...sets specifically designed to complement this.
(Although seeing as we didn't get a single Endor/Ewok add-on set bar the Shuttle Tydirium this is actually a bit far fetched).

Granted if this did happen and you collected them all its going to be a costly en-devour but could end up looking pretty awesome.  If TLG came out and said they had some kind of plan like this I might actually start to get excited about this one.

Guest brickcrazyhouse
2 minutes ago, Lego_Yoda said:

Not sure if this has been hypothesized already but it wouldn't surprise me if once this is released we started getting a few more smaller Hoth sets (similar to Hoth Attack size) every 6 months to tack onto this.   A medical bay here, a snow-trooper division there...sets specifically designed to complement this.
(Although seeing as we didn't get a single Endor/Ewok add-on set bar the Shuttle Tydirium this is actually a bit far fetched).

Granted if this did happen and you collected them all its going to be a costly en-devour but could end up looking pretty awesome.  If TLG came out and said they had some kind of plan like this I might actually start to get excited about this one.

http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Hoth-Attack-75138?fromListing=listing

I've had some time to think about this set, and I'm leaning toward putting my money elsewhere. I'm talking about my personal collection here, not investment (although...)

I definitely want this set as I have never bought the smaller Hoth sets released previously, but given the reaction the unveiling has generated I would not be surprised if we see it discounted at some point.

• 2 weeks later...

The global release date (unless you live in the USA where it is still listed as Coming Soon) for the Ultimate Collector's Series Assault of Hoth has been set for April 30th. You might want hold off ordering and visit your local LEGO brand store to take advantage of the double VIP points on all Star Wars sets purchased between the 1st and 31st of May and the Free First Order Stormtrooper Minifigure from 4/30 - 5/4. See May 2016 Calendar below:
25984226076_922b43e542_b.jpg

49 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

The global release date (unless you live in the USA where it is still listed as Coming Soon) for the Ultimate Collector's Series Assault of Hoth has been set for April 30th. You might want hold off ordering and visit your local LEGO brand store to take advantage of the double VIP points on all Star Wars sets purchased between the 1st and 31st of May and the Free First Order Stormtrooper Minifigure.  See May 2016 Calendar below:

According to the calendar you posted it's only April 30 to May 4. From May 1 to May 31 you earn double VIP for specific sets (eg. Battle on Takodana).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, exciter1 said:

The global release date (unless you live in the USA where it is still listed as Coming Soon) for the Ultimate Collector's Series Assault of Hoth has been set for April 30th. You might want hold off ordering and visit your local LEGO brand store to take advantage of the double VIP points on all Star Wars sets purchased between the 1st and 31st of May and the Free First Order Stormtrooper Minifigure.  See May 2016 Calendar below:
25984226076_922b43e542_b.jpg

Slighty off topic but isn't that the same figure that is in the first order battle pack?

On 4/8/2016 at 2:42 PM, Fenix_2k1 said:

I think the torso is printed slightly differently.

Got to laugh at LEGO offering double VIP's on the newer TFA sets, maybe they've realised how disappointing and overpriced they are, which bring us neatly back on topic lol

I remember double VIP on several Jurassic world sets soon after release.

As much as this set has been derided, and rightfully so, I could see myself paying $200 for this for my personal collection because I have sold off every past Hoth set I've owned (sans the recent AT-AT and Snowspeeder) because they performed very well after retirement.  With so much reuse the price doesn't fit.  Perhaps B&N will be allowed to sell this for 25% off down the line or maybe it will show up at Target for 50% off.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, zskid00 said:

As much as this set has been derided, and rightfully so, I could see myself paying $200 for this for my personal collection because I have sold off every past Hoth set I've owned (sans the recent AT-AT and Snowspeeder) because they performed very well after retirement.  With so much reuse the price doesn't fit.  Perhaps B&N will be allowed to sell this for 25% off down the line or maybe it will show up at Target for 50% off.

I will wait for 50% off (and double VIP points) on May 4th 2018

52 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

Why not? If the herd does not stockpile it, it will last till 2019.  If the herd does stockpile it, LEGO is just going to produce more :devil:

This set must be really awful if we're only worried about it being stockpiled by the horde's red-headed stepchild -- the herd.

• Like 1