71008 - Minifigures - Series 13

stackables

Series 13  

110 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your most favorite Minifigure from Series 13?

• King
    • Sheriff
    • Unicorn Girl
    • Snake Charmer
    • Goblin
    • Paleontolgist
    • Alien Trooper
    • Egyptian Warrior
    • Carpenter
    • Evil Wizard
    • Fencer
    • Samurai
    • Disco Diva
    • Hot Dog Suit Guy
    • Lady Cyclops
    • Galaxy Trooper
  2. 2. Who is your least favorite Minifigure from Series 13?

• King
    • Sheriff
    • Unicorn Girl
    • Snake Charmer
    • Goblin
    • Paleontolgist
    • Alien Trooper
    • Egyptian Warrior
    • Carpenter
    • Evil Wizard
    • Fencer
    • Samurai
    • Disco Diva
    • Hot Dog Suit Guy
    • Lady Cyclops
    • Galaxy Trooper
  3. 3. From a scale of one to ten, how would you rate Series 13?

• 1 - Dull
    • 2 - Poor
    • 3 - Mediocre
    • 4 - Below average
    • 5 - Average
    • 6 - Above average
    • 7 - Well done
    • 8 - Superb
    • 9 - Excellent
    • 10 - Perfect

Number thirteen looks like he should be a Simpsons mini-fig...

Disco-Stu!

Number fifteen should include a pamphlet explaining what the hell this mini-fig is. I know some Mythology and can't think of a female-cyclopse appearing in any of them, but hurray for diversity.

Number ten looks like a Satan-worshiper. Though a niche-market, I see the appeal post-EOL. If Marilyn Manson tours through your city, set up a table outside the venue and count on optimal returns.

Number four is sexy. A chick with two swords?! Awesome with a capital A.

Number sixteen appears to have more fire-power than he can handle... I presume his target is right in front of him, but holding four guns is more than is reasonably manageable. I fear the folks he is protecting will be wiped out as a result of his ineffectiveness and poor aim. He may need more training.

Numbers three and fourteen are stand-outs. Like the guy in the pig-suit from Series 12. Just fun, unique, and cool. The Hot Dog guy looks like Timberlake from the SNL "Bring it on In to Omeletville" sketches. Good stuff.

Number one makes me miss the years of quality Castle and Kingdoms sets. As much as I appreciate the LOTR sets... I miss the old-school action of Lego castle systems. Here's to hoping they return soon.

Number four may be accused of racial profiling. Not sure on this one.

Number eight is long over-due! Awesome Egyptian warrior.

Loving number six... she would fit right in with the Research Institute. Well-played, TLG.

• 2 weeks later...

The most reliable way is to feel for the unique piece or pieces for each character.  Study the pictures and determine what is easiest to feel for.  For some characters you may have to feel for two different pieces in order to be sure.  I have been using this method since I started collecting these in series 7 and have a 100% accuracy rate getting the characters I want.  It takes a little practice, but if you have some time when you are at the store, you can be sure to get what you want.

For example, in series 13, the evil wizard is the only character with a dress slope (the bottom part).  This piece is quite easy to determine when feeling the package.  Once you feel that piece, you know you will get the wizard.

Anyone know where to just buy a sealed box of these things?  

The main guy that sells CMF on eBay will be taking pre-orders any day now but his will not be available 'til end of Jan. Also will be in the $200 range, so no huge savings for waiting. If you only want one or two boxes, might be best just to wait for them to pop-up on eBay but at least a pre-order from a reputable seller will lock in your price if the price happens to rise quickly.

Well... I would not expect to make money until the series retires, but for a CMF that's usually just a few months after release.  I am however very doubtful about the new $4 retail price per figure, so I would not expect to make very much unless you can get the case for $180 or less (maybe on bricklink this is possible).  I really don't understand Lego pricing.  The company does nothing about counterfeits, but doubles their own price per figure from series 1 to 12 (just a few years).  Going forward, you can count on all CMF series being counterfeited.  The Simpsons and Lego Movie figs are being massively copied and sold for $1 per figure on eBay.