71008 - Minifigures - Series 13

stackables

Series 13  

110 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your most favorite Minifigure from Series 13?

• King
    • Sheriff
    • Unicorn Girl
    • Snake Charmer
    • Goblin
    • Paleontolgist
    • Alien Trooper
    • Egyptian Warrior
    • Carpenter
    • Evil Wizard
    • Fencer
    • Samurai
    • Disco Diva
    • Hot Dog Suit Guy
    • Lady Cyclops
    • Galaxy Trooper
  2. 2. Who is your least favorite Minifigure from Series 13?

• King
    • Sheriff
    • Unicorn Girl
    • Snake Charmer
    • Goblin
    • Paleontolgist
    • Alien Trooper
    • Egyptian Warrior
    • Carpenter
    • Evil Wizard
    • Fencer
    • Samurai
    • Disco Diva
    • Hot Dog Suit Guy
    • Lady Cyclops
    • Galaxy Trooper
  3. 3. From a scale of one to ten, how would you rate Series 13?

• 1 - Dull
    • 2 - Poor
    • 3 - Mediocre
    • 4 - Below average
    • 5 - Average
    • 6 - Above average
    • 7 - Well done
    • 8 - Superb
    • 9 - Excellent
    • 10 - Perfect

Hey All,

Thanks for the response about series 13 availability. It seems that around me most big box places are all carrying 12, I guess they over ordered for the holidays.

I did drive to my nearest LEGO store to pick up some bags. Tried some smooshing (still pretty new at this, and kind of impatient) so I didn't spend much time on it, but for 11 bags, I did ok.

2 Goblins

1 Fencer

1 Evil Wizard

1 Paleontologist

1 Egyptian Warrior

1 Sheriff

1 Samurai

1 Unicorn Girl

2 Disco Diva's

Happy about the extra Goblins, not so psyched about Disco Diva... thought I was getting snake charmer, next time I'll check for the snake instead of turban.

Overall not bad, and thanks again everyone.

Hey minifig lovers-

I picked up a couple bags today, not too bad, 2 paleontologists, 2 unicorn girls, and a hot dog guy. Still haven't found classic king or snake charmer. :(

I'm still hunting for the king myself... Last one. I probably smooshed one when I went through 100 polys, but thought I had one right away and it turned out not to be. Oops... Two paleontologists so we gave one away.

I've picked up 10 over the last couple of days - 5 in a TRU order, and 5 more when I was TRU and smooshed.

I was lucky with the TRU order - got 5, with no duplicates, and 5 that I didn't already have, including Unicorn Girl.

Last night, the 5 I picked up by smooshing, I got the King, Unicorn Girl (again, I wanted 2), Hot Dog Guy (my 2nd one, I wanted two), the Orc (my second, I need one more), and a Cyclops.

I'm down to needing just 6 more, including two that are going to be multiples.  I need Sheriff, Orc, Pharaoh, Evil Sorcerer, Fencer, and Cyclops.

I love this series.  This has been the best one yet.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I notice that these animal mascots from CMF series are getting popular lately.

Their value seem to be skyrocket high lately.

The hotdog man seems like having a good start in value due to its unique mold now.

Check out the hotdog man's price guide below.

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogPG.asp?M=col208

I am wondering if the HotDog man fall under the same category?

I have a about 5 sealed packets at the moment. Should I wait for 2-3years then sell them off?

Any thoughts?

I notice that these animal mascots from CMF series are getting popular lately.

Their value seem to be skyrocket high lately.

The hotdog man seems like having a good start in value due to its unique mold now.

Check out the hotdog man's price guide below.

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogPG.asp?M=col208

I am wondering if the HotDog man fall under the same category?

I have a about 5 sealed packets at the moment. Should I wait for 2-3years then sell them off?

Any thoughts?

I don't know as I'm new to the CMF investing side. But I did look around at past animal mascots and I know locally they are really popular. I've been picking out the mascots from this series every time I find a case. I'm thinking they'll be the most valuable like past ones, so I'm holding.

I think hot dog guy and unicorn girl are the most popular. Not too sure about others but I know my sis and I both liked the paleontologist and the samurai. Always nice to have more female figs and the paleontologist sort of fits the whole women in research theme from the RI.

I also like disco guy coz of the afro haha.

Edited by seapotato

I finally had a chance to open up my Series 13 bags and did manage to complete the set. I barely could find a single Galaxy Trooper or Fencer but thankfully they were there to be found. Well the detail on every single minifigure was superb as usual. Hot Dog Man is about the most adorable character in the bunch and I can't stop getting a smile every time I look at him. Haha. Disco Diva is one groovy chick with her 'fro and psychedelic shirt. Sheriff is good with the mustache but even better without for his 'Eastwood' expression. Galaxy Trooper and Alien Trooper go hand in hand of being flat out awesome between new armor and that head reminding me of Zoidberg which makes me think if a Futurama theme is plausible in the future.

Now with the Classic King in front of me, he actually looks less like the king of a certain chain of fast-food restaurants. Carpenter is all around good where I wouldn't mind a couple more to have in certain city projects. Though 'simple' I found the details for the Fencer very exquisite and right on to the source. Evil Wizard is so General Ming and all I need is a Flash Gordon to complete the setting. Paleontologist and Unicorn Girl are just lovely, Snake Charmer is real neato, Egytian Warrior superb, Samurai Girl kicks ass, and the Goblin (my bro) is wicked cool.

Yes I even liked the Lady Cyclops funny as she may seem. Interestingly her color scheme is the opposite of regular Cyclops where his skin color (sand green) is the hue of her clothing while her skin tone (sand blue) is the color of his clothing. I love seeing these two together such a perfect couple. :kissing: Okay I get how technically there never was a female Cyclops in the history of storytelling (or at least none I am aware of) but realistically shouldn't there be? I mean where do baby Cyclopes come from you know.

Anyway there are a couple characters I would like to get some extras of but between only Walmart (maybe Five Below) carrying these at the moment and the $3.99 retail, I don't see that happening. At the least if I could I will go for more Goblins and Galaxy Troopers; maybe Alien Troopers too.

After about 10+ boxes arriving last Friday at a local target at 40% off. I went in today at 50% off and managed to find 3. The last three are; the alien, the goblin and the construction worker. May be some indication of popularity for these three, or maybe not.

Edit: stupid grammar

Edited by speedsausage

After about 10+ boxes arriving last Friday at a local target at 40% off. I went in today at 50% off and managed to find 3. The last three are; the alien, the goblin and the construction worker. May be some indication of popularity for these three, or maybe not.

Edit: stupid grammar

Any idea what the DPCI code is? I can't find them on the Target app.

Picked up a couple hundred or so series 13 from clearance, these are from mixed open boxes so will have all been smooshed. 

Just finished checking them and this is what I ended up with. 

5 Hotdog guys

5 Unicorns

5 Samurai ladies

8 Fencers

9 Palaeontologists

11 Kings

12 Ogres

14 evil guys

15 snake charmers

16 Disco ladies

16 sheriffs

17 Egyptians