10221 - UCS: Super Star Destroyer

Jeff Mack

SSD  

395 members have voted

1. 1. How many sealed SSD's do you have

• 4-5
    • 6-10
    • more than 10
    • I'm Emazers and I built a replica SSD out of sealed SSDs.

Isn't it funny. Several pages back we had a small banter about the EU and when the SSD will retire here..and the hannibal's elephants of course and we got told off.

Now I had to scroll through 3-4 pages of Wallmart/Fedex/UPS packaging /there is a specific area in the Forum to discuss this/ which is remotely related to the 10221 - Super Star Destroyer's retirement, yet it looks perfectly fine ..

Blame it on the elephants!

What if it's possible that the DS simply never retires or goes on for another six years. The term "Death Star" is known among most adults which which appeals to them, and the set has playability for kids which might be why Lego will keep on producing it. No other set has been out for this long, at least that I'm aware of so maybe, just maybe, Lego will just continue to make this set. Most of the pieces are just standard bricks that are not very expensive; they might just change the minifigs to match the new ones and keep on selling this old dog.

What if production already halted for the Death Star? But cause of the high pricepoint people are not buying it so often and these are still good in stock? Are we collecting seal-codes for this? If not, maybe we should start now. 

Isn't it funny. Several pages back we had a small banter about the EU and when the SSD will retire here..and the hannibal's elephants of course and we got told off.

Now I had to scroll through 3-4 pages of Wallmart/Fedex/UPS packaging /there is a specific area in the Forum to discuss this/ which is remotely related to the 10221 - Super Star Destroyer's retirement, yet it looks perfectly fine ..

Yes, blame it on the elephants. I think they mean that all this Walmart/Fedex/UPS packaging issues are directly related to lego. That is why our posts were hidden. I guess, that if we want to talk about the EU, elephants and/or other animals we should post it in the "odds and ends, really non-lego related". 

Hi,

Did the elephants take their happy medicine today :)

The postage posts were informative to some.

10221 is a huge set to ship and quite a few of members found it helpful while some didn't. Just ignore these posts you don't find interesting.

Additionally, this thread is not just EOL posts. Please refer to this thread's title.

Hi,

Did the elephants take their happy medicine today :)

The postage posts were informative to some.

10221 is a huge set to ship and quite a few of members found it helpful while some didn't. Just ignore these posts you don't find interesting.

Additionally, this thread is not just EOL posts. Please refer to this thread's title.

I have 10+ SSDs, some people have even more. However I didn't think its appropriate to water the thread with pictures of each box I received. What if we all start posting pictures here of our boxes and discuss the charges of our local Courier Companies? 

In the general Buying & Selling there is a sub forum for that. If you guys want to keep this place international and attractive to investors & collectors from around the world, please do not tailor the forum to the US investors only. I know its US-based, hence the big presence of US members and lack of data for the non-US markets, but I accept that. It's an awesome place here, and I wish to use & contribute it in the future and not create fuss! But since you picked up on this I had to give you my reasons.

Additionally, this thread is not just EOL posts. - So hannibal's elephants were 100% within the guidelines, why hiding the posts then?

I have 10+ SSDs, some people have even more. However I didn't think its appropriate to water the thread with pictures of each box I received. What if we all start posting pictures here of our boxes and discuss the charges of our local Courier Companies? 

In the general Buying & Selling there is a sub forum for that. If you guys want to keep this place international and attractive to investors & collectors from around the world, please do not tailor the forum to the US investors only. I know its US-based, hence the big presence of US members and lack of data for the non-US markets, but I accept that. It's an awesome place here, and I wish to use & contribute it in the future and not create fuss! But since you picked up on this I had to give you my reasons.

Additionally, this thread is not just EOL posts. - So hannibal's elephants were 100% within the guidelines, why hiding the posts then?

jaisonline will be gone from the forums for a bit, so he probably won't reply today.  We understand things seem to be geared more towards the US markets, but members from all over are very active here too.

Additionally, this thread is not just EOL posts. - So hannibal's elephants were 100% within the guidelines, why hiding the posts then?

Your concerns have been received. Again, we all want this site to grow internationally not just in American, Canada and EU and the admins have been reaching out to various members in their quest to reach a wider audience .

Looks like all the air packets are intact too :rofl:

I think that the concern with air packets is if you put them on the side of the box. This pictures has 12 on top, when the weight of the set is distributed across 15 pillows they are more likely to stay intact. However, when you put the entire weight of this set on 3-4 pillows - POP!!!!

What if production already halted for the Death Star? But cause of the high pricepoint people are not buying it so often and these are still good in stock? Are we collecting seal-codes for this? If not, maybe we should start now. 

I'm pretty sure if they have back orders they will keep on making them. If the systems not broken then there's no need to fix it. If DS keeps on selling then there is no need to end it, which is why it has been running for six years...

I'm pretty sure if they have back orders they will keep on making them. If the systems not broken then there's no need to fix it. If DS keeps on selling then there is no need to end it, which is why it has been running for six years...

Couldn't I apply this logic to the SSD?

Couldn't I apply this logic to the SSD?

death star - About 221,000,000 results (0.32 seconds)

millennium falcon - About 8,180,000 results (0.31 seconds)

In the entire SW series the DS is the most recognized name. The Lego DS has an appeal to both adults and to kids. Unlike the SSD the DS has had it's retirement date postponed many times before, and has been on the market twice as long as the SSD. Lego knows what they are doing, if they needed to pull the DS from the shelves to make room for other products, it would have lasted for the average 2-3 years, but no, Lego knows that the DS is making bank, and they will continuously be selling them. The SSD uses specialized pieces while the DS uses the cheaper more standardized pieces, so they aren't going out on a limb to make this product either.  

death star - About 221,000,000 results (0.32 seconds)

millennium falcon - About 8,180,000 results (0.31 seconds)

In the entire SW series the DS is the most recognized name. The Lego DS has an appeal to both adults and to kids. Unlike the SSD the DS has had it's retirement date postponed many times before, and has been on the market twice as long as the SSD. Lego knows what they are doing, if they needed to pull the DS from the shelves to make room for other products, it would have lasted for the average 2-3 years, but no, Lego knows that the DS is making bank, and they will continuously be selling them. The SSD uses specialized pieces while the DS uses the cheaper more standardized pieces, so they aren't going out on a limb to make this product either.  

You heard it here first: Cashmoney-0 is loaded up on DS, at least a few dozen of 'em, and he's trying to talk other investors out of buying the set until it's too late.  That's ok with me.  As a DS investor, I need to follow his example and do a better job arguing in my own self-interest, so I'll start now.  10188 will never retire, ever.  How do we know?  Because an anonymous guy told Brickshow.  It's a done deal.  Or rather, a deal that will never be done.  Or something.  Anyway, all everyone needs to remember is that DS will never retire.  In fact, my own sources say that for Black Friday weekend this year, Lego will include a free 10188 with every Star Wars order of $99 or more.  Bad news for DS investors.  Dump 'em quick!

• Like 1

You heard it here first: Cashmoney-0 is loaded up on DS, at least a few dozen of 'em, and he's trying to talk other investors out of buying the set until it's too late.  That's ok with me.  As a DS investor, I need to follow his example and do a better job arguing in my own self-interest, so I'll start now.  10188 will never retire, ever.  How do we know?  Because an anonymous guy told Brickshow.  It's a done deal.  Or rather, a deal that will never be done.  Or something.  Anyway, all everyone needs to remember is that DS will never retire.  In fact, my own sources say that for Black Friday weekend this year, Lego will include a free 10188 with every Star Wars order of $99 or more.  Bad news for DS investors.  Dump 'em quick!

So I'm not worshiping the DS like the rest of you guys are and I'm labeled as the bad guy?? For real? If you guys are following the actual DS post you will find others who are actually agreeing with me. I straight up said there will be people who disagree with me. I bring in my opinion which apparently is blasphemous, and because everyone has a DS and wants to hear only good things about it your going to call me a saboteur?