10221 - UCS: Super Star Destroyer

Jeff Mack

SSD  

395 members have voted

1. 1. How many sealed SSD's do you have

• 4-5
    • 6-10
    • more than 10
    • I'm Emazers and I built a replica SSD out of sealed SSDs.

I need to perform a test here to try and help resolve the duplicate/triplicate issues that have happened on the phone apps.   It seem that if it takes longer to submit a reply or we get those errors it may have to do with these larger threads that have a lot of followers that get email replies.  To conduct a test, I have removed all the followers from this thread (please feel free to add yourself again), I just need to test when the amount is much smaller. I want to see what happens for a bit with a lower amount.  According the the people that make this forum, this has been fixed in version 4.0.  Thanks

--Note--

Just submitting that reply without the followers was very fast compared to when it had 140 or more.

Is there a way to change the code so that it posts notifications to subscribers _after_ the post is added, and in background somehow and return "complete" to posting app?

Lol..finally someone that gets it ;).

Ssd will be 1k by dec 2015, probably sooner. Whether it is for a personal collection or reselling I'd go for it.

Quite new to this, so if you don't mind me asking. Where do you see the price of this set in say 2 or 3 years?

Quite new to this, so if you don't mind me asking. Where do you see the price of this set in say 2 or 3 years?

i would think $1500 would be attainable. a highly unlikely shot @ 2K, but if there us a set in today's investment world that can attain that milestone i would put my money on this one. 

3 major things going for it

I personally think that this set isn't as heavily hoarded as other set (high entry pt)

3 new SW movies coming up

almost vanished overnight.

i would think $1500 would be attainable. a highly unlikely shot @ 2K, but if there us a set in today's investment world that can attain that milestone i would put my money on this one. 

3 major things going for it

I personally think that this set isn't as heavily hoarded as other set (high entry pt)

3 new SW movies coming up

almost vanished overnight.

Things like these thread makes me worried, Such high volume means that its likely highly stocked up and the set itself doesn't have great playability, but you do make some convincing points.

Things like these thread makes me worried, Such high volume means that its likely highly stocked up and the set itself doesn't have great playability, but you do make some convincing points.

most people buying those expensive sets dont play with their Lego, they display them . I personally enjoy the build and the display. Rarely touch them after that . 

• Like 2

I agree with Bold Arrow. I don't think this set is really that highly stocked (compared to the DS for instance). There was a bit of a rush on them in the past couple of months when it became clear it was on its way out. But before that, the high price point and lack of any real discounts put a lot of people off this set for a long time.

And as has been said, this set isn't about playability. Future buyers will be adults with a bit of spare cash to spend (they'll need it) who will want it as a display piece.

Little Johnny down the road isn't going to be swooshing this baby around his bedroom.

Besides all the stuff we've discussed already about playability, lack of discounts and how many people have them for investment there are still those people who don't even know about this set yet, but already want it BAD! There are people getting into Star Wars every day and at some point, they will see there was an awesome UCS Lego SSD made once upon a time!!!! Fortunately some of them will be rich enough and we're here to help them out... Thats happening all the time without even the release of the new movies, however...the new movies will only boost this!