10221 - UCS: Super Star Destroyer

Jeff Mack

SSD  

395 members have voted

1. 1. How many sealed SSD's do you have

• 4-5
    • 6-10
    • more than 10
    • I'm Emazers and I built a replica SSD out of sealed SSDs.

Is the update being done in chunks? Cause I thought I saw the July figures appeared this morning. So that was not the complete picture yet?

Once a set is done, its done.  It does not add to it at different times.  There are 10,000 sets to go through, it takes 12-18 hours to complete.

Let's be sure to keep the British. - American posts on-topic about the 10221 set .

No one wants to deal with another revolution.

I'm going to hide some of the earlier posts since they are way off topic. PM me if you have questions / comments,

Fair enough and to keep the thread compact, definitely the right thing to do, HOWEVER ...I've been following this thread since the early posts and I had to go through A LOT of crap about packaging from Wallmart, TRU etc and all sort of bs which has nothing to do with the thread (there are other areas to complain about how Lego sets are shipped/delivered and so on), but it seems this doesn't bother anyone? It seems everything that is non-US related is deemed as a garbage talk here? 

I was thincking about this.

I have checked the shipping cost from France to US : around 100e.

It makes it not intersting for US buyers to get it from us.

So I guess, they will be selling it in France for a little while as the demand is not much high for this set.

But if it is still avalable in october for the double VIP, you better be quick to get it at that time :)

This is why I haven't jumped on this set yet. Shipping it out of Spain to, say Germany, would be 90

I have the new price guide updating in the background.  I do have the latest in for the SSD.  I thought it would be good to just throw a snapshot of it as of July 2014 in there so then we can watch and see what happens when the December data comes out and then we can compare to what is going on then.

attachicon.gif10221-data-july2014.jpg

I'm really curious as to why there is such a spike seemingly out of nowhere on this set. Is it a matter of buyers not being able to get it from LEGO Shop at Home that was pushing them to ebay? Resellers trying to grab the low hanging fruit?

Fair enough and to keep the thread compact, definitely the right thing to do, HOWEVER ...I've been following this thread since the early posts and I had to go through A LOT of crap about packaging from Wallmart, TRU etc and all sort of bs which has nothing to do with the thread (there are other areas to complain about how Lego sets are shipped/delivered and so on), but it seems this doesn't bother anyone? It seems everything that is non-US related is deemed as a garbage talk here? 

I happen to think that the mods do quite a good job of managing these threads. It's a forum about collecting and investing in Lego. At times the threads go off track and the mods tow it in. I've been on various forums and one thing they've all suffered from was a lack of moderator intervention. You don't get that here, it's a well run site. 

• Like 2

Posts from both sides of the pond were removed. Not sure who you came to that conclusion towards the end but I'm pretty sure the vast majority of members will beg to differ with you.

Posts from both sides of the pond were removed. Not sure who you came to that conclusion towards the end but I'm pretty sure the vast majority of members will beg to differ with you.

If he watches closely, we usually only take this stance against the Canadian members.

• Like 8

Can someone post an image of the bar code on the 10221? I'm traveling and want to try the Walmart search app to see if there are any in the local Walmart stores hanging around. Thxs. Break - Bold-Arrow, technically it's an ocean not a pond and I appreciate your moderatoring efforts.

I found this real quick doing a Google search.  I was surprised Brickset.com didn't have them listed:

http://www.upcindex.com/673419145701

usa-vs-canada.png

You do realize all this border controversy in Texas is just a distraction planted by you know who ^^^

Anyone feel free to let me know if you need any help finding the "unsubscribe from this thread" link.

But, but, but I want reading threads to be easy.  Please delete all the junk and keep only the good stuff.  Unsubscribing is not an option since I don't want to miss anything and I have to read every post, so just delete the junk. 

I need to perform a test here to try and help resolve the duplicate/triplicate issues that have happened on the phone apps.   It seem that if it takes longer to submit a reply or we get those errors it may have to do with these larger threads that have a lot of followers that get email replies.  To conduct a test, I have removed all the followers from this thread (please feel free to add yourself again), I just need to test when the amount is much smaller. I want to see what happens for a bit with a lower amount.  According the the people that make this forum, this has been fixed in version 4.0.  Thanks

--Note--

Just submitting that reply without the followers was very fast compared to when it had 140 or more.

• Like 2

I need to perform a test here to try and help resolve the duplicate/triplicate issues that have happened on the phone apps.   It seem that if it takes longer to submit a reply or we get those errors it may have to do with these larger threads that have a lot of followers that get email replies.  To conduct a test, I have removed all the followers from this thread (please feel free to add yourself again), I just need to test when the amount is much smaller. I want to see what happens for a bit with a lower amount.  According the the people that make this forum, this has been fixed in version 4.0.  Thanks

--Note--

Just submitting that reply without the followers was very fast compared to when it had 140 or more.

It happens quite a bit in the Daily Deals thread too.  I do also notice it quite a bit in the "Buy" thread too, so I'm not sure how many followers it has?